The Anfield Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.21pm: Judge rules that anti-suit injunction wanted by RBS and other parties (board) against owners action in Texas is granted. "This case has nothing to do with Texas."

Beat you to it ;)

So when can we expect the NESV deal to happen now???

5.21pm: Judge rules that anti-suit injunction wanted by RBS and other parties (board) against owners action in Texas is granted. "This case has nothing to do with Texas."

**** YES!!!! Liverpool 2 - 0 Wankers! let's pray we don't need a 3rd...

**** YES!!!! Liverpool 2 - 0 Wankers! let's pray we don't need a 3rd...

You know what hey say, 2-0 is a dangerous scoreline to try and hang onto.

Get that contract signed now Broughton and NESV please! Great news we win the case again, i hope that now Hicks is finally gone away. Hicks didnt even tell the US court he went to court in London? The guy is such a ****

Has just been said in court that NESV now own Liverpool.

Also we must not forget that whilst our club has been saved today Dundee United has entered Administration, feel so bad for them it could have easily been us. :( Keep your heads high Dundee fans.

Last edited:
The High Court > Texas District Court :)
some journalists are saying RBS may well go to Texas and clear there names just to cover themselves, also NESV lawyers said in court that they own the club, so we'll have to wait and see...

it also appears that the Judge in Texas only granted the injuction for H & G because they didn't inform him of the high court ruling...

Edit: quote from Jim Broadman's twitter

JimBoardman Jim Boardman

RT @Danny8t4: @JimBoardman Surely this can be done today as it's only midday in Texas. <- Yes, time differences work in #LFC's favour today

Guardians MBM.

So, the board and RBS has won its London court battle. But, what exactly this means is another question. Will the Dallas court now back off and withdraw its injunction?

This expert opinion from Mark Stephens, sports lawyer and international litigator at Finers Stephens Innocent:

Quote:
The application for a TRO (injunction) in a Texas City court is one last, desperate, throw of the dice for Gillett & Hicks reveals how bankrupt their legal position is...basic principles of international law are (1) that an injunction issued by a Texas Court has no effect on actions in this (the UK) country; and, (2) that the court first dealing with the case should be the only court dealing with the matter to the end. Therefore, the Texas court will have to relinquish control to the High Court in London...if Hicks and Gilett really wanted to stop this transaction they needed an injunction from the High Court in London and another against New England Sports Ventures in Boston where that company is located.

I confidently predict that RBS and the Directors will be able to shrug off this irksome litigation which seems calculated to delay the takeover which will ultimately be consumated

H&G could be in jail tomorrow at 4PM, if they don't say to Texan board to re-due their actions.

Sorry, I was going to say "By god almighty we're free at last" but I decided to go for something darker, (attempted) funnier.

Sky are saying that tweedledee & tweedledum are having another go at snowing the Texas courts as we speak. That Hicks chap needs a jolly good slap IMO.

I hope the LFC board are organizing some representation over there to give the good ol' boys on the court bench some truthfull perspective on the louse's shenanigans - times a wasting y'all.

Sky are saying that tweedledee & tweedledum are having another go at snowing the Texas courts as we speak. That Hicks chap needs a jolly good slap IMO.

I hope the LFC board are organizing some representation over there to give the good ol' boys on the court bench some truthfull perspective on the louse's shenanigans - times a wasting y'all.

Court starting in 20 minutes in Texas. Liverpool representatives will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back