The Arsenal FM15 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter craiigman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 87K
I am very pleased with FM15 because it combines some bargain talents and higher budget for Arsenal, which means I could build a WC team in two seasons.

When I start, first thing I do is get rid of dead wood, I sold Giroud (over 30m is a nice business), Flamini, Rosicky and Campbell.

Bought Nkoulou, Balanta, Kurzaw, Lucas Silva, Lucas Romero, Barbosa, Tielmans, REUS.

In 2nd transfer window, sold Cazorla, Podolski, Arteta, Mertesacker.

Bought, Laporte, Volland, Thiago (only 20m).

My biggest concern is Özil, he is **** and no one wants to buy him.

Also, please dont buy Koke, he is expensive and injury prone, also has very low ratings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A midfield of Lucas Romero, Ramsey and Wilshere is unbeatable.

Should I be 'patient' in Football Manager too?

:)

im only 5 or 6 games in but have been almost faultless so far, except a 1-0 loss to united. ive managed to facilitate wilshere and ramsey in the team and ozil is performing, all be it not always from the start because of depay.

formation: 4-3-3

gk: szczesny
rb: debuchy, fb support
cb: BFG, defend
cb: kosc, cover
lb: alex sandro, wb support

rcm: wilshere, RP
cm: khedira, bwm defend
lcm: ramsey BBM

ram: alexis, winger, attack
lam: ozil, winger/ap, attack or depay, if attack

cf: giroud, cf

the front 3 are banging them in for fun, the midfield look supreme in possession and the balance of the team is great. i recommend for this formation, that agains the bigger teams u make one winger on support duty and change either ramsey or wilshere to DLP defend. or even better, if you have bought lucas romero or another defensive minder midfielder, use him with khedira holding and let the third midfielder roam.

what did everyone else do about the LB situation? i got alex sandro for 13 mill, the only other option was to buy rodriguez for around 15. but i preferred the pace and attacking ability of sandro and i am just going to train defensive skills (he has loads of potential for it).

from the early stages of my game i would strongly recommend you to keep giroud, buy depay and lucas romero, the hype if for a reason

I haven't started a game yet but was wondering if you guys could give me some advice :)

First to adress the LW in the 4231 I want to play. I've decided that I will sell Cazorla and Poldi so I want to bring in 2 players to play predominantly on the left (1 starter and 1 backup). For the starter I'm deciding between going in for Depay or Reus? Normally I'd go Reus but from what I've heard Depay is an abolute monster in this game and will certainly be cheaper in wages and transfer fee, but I was wondering what you guys think? :) Also for the backup I was weighing up Yarmolenko and Andre Ayew (who are both relatively cheap) and want to know who you guys consider the better player?

Also there's the issue of balancing out Ramsey and Wilshere in the same team, but it seems there's only space for one of them as I really don't see how they'll both fit! I guess I will have to rotate them but if you guys have managed to play them together in this formation I'd really like to know how you have done it :) As a side note, what do you guys think of training Wilshere as a Roaming Playmaker? That's exactly what he is IRL, and seeing his attributes it looks like he could be trained to do quite well there :)

Thanks so much guys, your opinions will be greatly appreciated :)

Keep Santi as AML (Inside forward ATT)... He is really good at holding possession and getting assists...

Since theo is back, santi acts as my backup to ozil and sanchez

Best role for Jack Wilshere? He plays like poo for me he is soooo bad in Trequestra and Roaming playmaker as A CM sooooo i dont know what to keep or sell?

Welbeck is a beast! 30 goals scored in the premier league and the Goalscoring winner the first season! Özil were just incredible for me the first season.. but alexis didnt improve to much... Even cazorla att the AML Inner forward position were incredible..

When u got sokratis let him run on the first bar at the corners... He cant stop Score from their

Best role for Jack Wilshere? He plays like poo for me he is soooo bad in Trequestra and Roaming playmaker as A CM sooooo i dont know what to keep or sell?

Well, he works fine for me. I use he in trequestra or CM with Ramsey or Khedira. Short Pass, and hold up the ball.

21 goals, 4 assists. In the last 4 matches his rating is 7,67! The real MVP!!!!(H)

dont ever sell podolski

hey, heres my formation in my 1st season

scszezny
debuchy - merte - koscielny - gibbs

lars bender ( ball winning def) - aaron raamsey ( deep lying playmaker Support )

alexis ( redeumter ) - ozil ( advance playmaker ) - cazorla ( winger attack )

podolski ( advanced forward/ complete forward)

i bought nathaniel clyne, lars bender and mattia destro.
sold joel campbell.
currently no1 on premiere league,
final carling cup. and 5 round fa cup
on champions league i got dortmund and psg on 1 group ( wtf )
finish second and got real madrid next.

believe it or not, playing podolski as main striker is work well.
he scored 29 goals in 22 games.now real madrid want him T_T
ozil and sanchez will work well in december.

im looking for nice central defender to backup merte and kos. any idea?

thx

Podolski scored 37 goals in my first season, including 28 in the premier league.

after season 1 sold him for 12 mil :) !!!

I've just bought Paul Pogba for the start of my second season (first season saw me winning the PL but failing miserably in CL and the FA Cup) for 85M quid outright a long with 11.5M sign on fee and 11.5M agent fee. Monthly wage of 912K quid.

By far my biggest transfer in the game ever (I'm somewhat thrifty even when managing major teams) and I'm ******** myself a bit at the moment.

But ****... He's world class. Good on all levels, defending, attacking, passing, shooting, tacking.

Just thought I'd share my anxiety :D Can't imagine what real life managers go through when dealing with transfers of this magnitude.

Other transfers for the start of my second season include Memphis Depay (looks absolutely killer) and Jonathan Silva (scouts raging about him).

Offloaded people like Rosicky, Campbell (got 12.5M for him), Sanogo, Flamini and Jenkinson to make the incoming transfers possible.

My team now looks like:

GK: Szczesny (need a new world class GK at some point, but I do like Szczesny personality wise - also in RL)

RB: Chambers
CB: Nkoulou / Umtiti (bought first season, loaned him back and he tore up Ligue 1)
CB: Balanta (best CB in the game hands down?)
LB: Silva

CM: Pogba / Romero
CM: Ramsey

AMCR: Alexis / Ox (Ox has been developing insanely, started poorly but ended up strong when Alexis got injured)
AMC: Wilshere (my top scorer last season somehow - 19 goals in the PL) / alternatively any of the other AMC's here
AMCL: Özil/Depay (schooling Depay to play AMC)

STC: Giroud

Generally I'm semi happy with the squad. Need perhaps a world class right back and striker, but I think my midfield is very strong. Also good backup options there.

Then if you want I'd say Arteta and Monreal could be replaced. Won't get much for Arteta, but seen Monreal go for around £7m.

AS Monaco nabbed Monreal for 10.5 after I grabbed their youth stud for 25. Now my bench warmer may cost more but has a way higher ceiling and is 7 years younger. Roll of the dice for the future, sure.

Started as Arsenal and went a bit overboard in the transfer window - bought 7 players with the £47million budget - although most if not all were paid for in instalments. Peruzzi, Balanta and Papastathopoulos came in to boost the defence, and add depth, Yarmalenko came in to fill the LW spot, and Romero came in as back up/one for the future, with Lars Bender, also signed Destro from Roma to give the squad a 3rd striker.

Play a 4-2-3-1 usual starting line up is - Sczezny, Debuchy, Gibbs, Koscielny, Balanta, Ramsey, Bender, Oxlade, Ozil, Yarmalenko, Destro.

Been going well so far, unbeaten and through to Champions League second round.
:D

I'm almost trough the first season.
Will become champions that's already clear for me ;-p

scenzny (gk)

debuchy/chambers(rb) kos/mussachio(bpd) Balanta(dc) contrao/gibs (lb)

gaston gill romero (bwm) ramsey/wilshire/odegard(dlp)

walcot/ox(rwsupport) ozil/assensio (amc support) sanchez/poldi/carzola (rmd)

welbeck/destro (advanced strikers)

sanchez has broken his leg so lw is a bit of a problem at the moment.
ozil has 18 assist and 10 goals.
welbeck is top scorer.

fa cup qtr final against man u
championsleague got realmadrid at home i won 1-0 away lost 3-0 in Ot. because i played with 10 men due to injurys.

want to sell poldi and giroud got the deals but to close to finalize :-(
for the new season bought lucas romero and de bruyne.

destro and welbeck bolth do a great job.

best result beaten totenham 7-2 :-)

so i'm still in for the double :-)

as predicted become champion with 5 games left and one the fa cup 3-1 over liverpool

start of second season

bought

depay aml
de bruyne amc backup for ozil
stephan el shaarawy aml/st
lucas romero bwm

sold
podolski
BFG
giroud
sanago
carzola 30 years old got 20 mil euro for him :-)

i'm not gonna buy any more players for second season.
but i felt a back-up for ozil was needed.
gaston gil romero will rotate with lucas romero.
bought depay for some left wing action.
because i sold carzola en podolski i only had sanchez left as inside forward and he got injured for 6 months first season.
so ox played there as a quick fix and walcot on the right.
but with the incoming transfers i think this problem is solved.

maybe just a good cheap lb would help

Last edited:
Back