The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
In a TV interview today, Eljero Elia was asked if national coach Van Marwijk had given him advice on where to go; Juve or Arsenal. Answer was "possibly". Elia then said a transfer is in the works, and that his agent knows his preferred destination, which is England. As the interviewer asked specifically about Juventus or Arsenal, it seems Elia is aiming for an Arsenal switch as top priority.

You can see the interview here but it's in Dutch;
http://nos.nl/video/268242-elia-wil-pieters-mag-niet-naar-engeland.html

Last edited:
Brittle, injury prone, on the decline, another attacking player, takes away opportunities from the youngsters, what isn't wrong with Benayoun? Very definition of panic buy

He's a good player? :S

Arsenal%20FC%2025.jpg

ahh. okay. right.

i was think u were talking about arshavin for a moment.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Benayoun is Beyond ****. ffs go home.

Brittle, injury prone, on the decline, another attacking player, takes away opportunities from the youngsters, what isn't wrong with Benayoun? Very definition of panic buy
So you've basically described Rosicky.

Injury prone? What Arsenal player isn't injury prone?

Oh please, no more youngster talk. -_-

Panic buy? 2 days left in the window following an 8-2 drubbing to Man Utd. Just lost our most creative players in Fabregas and Nasri.

He's a good player. It's a risky move yeah, but he definitely has the quality.

Not at the minute they don't. They're playing a 4-3-3 at the minute.

At the minute they're playing a 4-3-3 because they were missing all of their DM's. The ManU game showed that the 4-2-3-1 is much better for them than the 4-3-3.

ahh. okay. right.

i was think u were talking about arshavin for a moment.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Benayoun is Beyond ****. ffs go home.

No, he's really not ****. Did you start watching football last season, by any chance?

As a United fan yesterday, believe me, I enjoyed the scoreline yesterday but I couldn't help but constantly feel like it was painful to watch. There was no cohesion from the Arsenal side, no impact sub who could come on and shore up the defense, and no additional strong attacking options. I would have expected this scoreline from Norwich v. United or QPR/Wigan v United, but this was ARSENAL. My, oh my.

While I will not interject the slight-sided opinion that Wenger has "lost the plot", I will say that unless a deadline day scramble for new signings comes to fruition, this team looks worse for wear. Which is troubling to me because I want Arsenal to be the side it always has been. I want Arsenal v United to be a premier match as close and exciting as ever; not an 8-2 thrashing.

Rather than offer a refund of match tickets for fans, wouldn't the Arsenal board be better off by taking that money and sniffing around Goodison Park for Baines or the Reebok for Cahill? Just a thought. I was thoroughly pleased with the Arsenal support at Old Trafford, however. They were in support for 90+ minutes and, in my experience, are always classy and supportive of their club, rain or shine.

It's just a shame to me because high class fans deserve better than this Arsenal team.

Benayoun's suitors are mainly Sunderland/Stoke/Fulham.

I couldn't believe it when I saw Arsenal enquired about him.

Good player but not the 'top bracket' player Arsenal need, I mean is he an improvement on the current Rosicky?

Yes, but he's not the player Arsenal need at all.

How the **** is Benayoun beyond ****? Not saying we should buy him, but he obviously has quality.

Because we can really be saying he's **** when we have lazy Arshavin in the team? And Rosicky who couldn't give two *****?

Wilshere wont rotate he will start at CM, and rotate to AM if needed. Rather than a pure DM they need an intelligent box to box mid

Because of the PL's congested fixture list and the fact that I'm sure Ramsey will get injured at some point, I think they'll have to rotate those two at CAM. Rosicky isn't good enough to play there and I think Gervinho is much better on the wing. That leaves very little cover at DM (or you can call it CM). Three players for two spots. One is suspended for two more games, one is young and very inexperienced, and one is injury prone (currently injured) and not very good. Cahill would be great because he could be a box-to-box DM and he also can fill in at CB. I really hope they buy him.

At the minute they're playing a 4-3-3 because they were missing all of their DM's. The ManU game showed that the 4-2-3-1 is much better for them than the 4-3-3.

Not contesting that, but Rosicky has the ability to play deep, so you'd assume they would play a 4-2-3-1 if they could, and they can. Therefore, I rather think Wenger's switching back to a 4-3-3, for better or for worse.

Because of the PL's congested fixture list and the fact that I'm sure Ramsey will get injured at some point, I think they'll have to rotate those two at CAM. Rosicky isn't good enough to play there and I think Gervinho is much better on the wing. That leaves very little cover at DM (or you can call it CM). Three players for two spots. One is suspended for two more games, one is young and very inexperienced, and one is injury prone (currently injured) and not very good. Cahill would be great because he could be a box-to-box DM and he also can fill in at CB. I really hope they buy him.

Rosicky isnt good enough full stop. Cahill isnt the answer becuase you want an actual mid there, not someone who can do well filling an emergency role

He's not **** but he's on the decline, is no serious improvement in terms of quality, brittle, injury prone. The answer to one freak result is not a brittle 31 year old Israeli who couldn't cut it at Liverpool or Chelsea. Would rather Chamberlain be given a proper chance.

He's not **** but he's on the decline, is no serious improvement in terms of quality, brittle, injury prone. The answer to one freak result is not a brittle 31 year old Israeli who couldn't cut it at Liverpool or Chelsea. Would rather Chamberlain be given a proper chance.

This. We have X amount of money in the bank so we enquire about Benayoun?

Get a ******* LB and a CB.

If only there was a young attacking playmaker available for 10-13m...

Oh wait, there is.

He's called Miralem Pjanic.

Can not believe Arsene is trying to rebuild on the cheap and still refuses to spend the money fans want him to spend.

If only there was a young attacking playmaker available for 10-13m...

Oh wait, there is.

He's called Miralem Pjanic.

Can not believe Arsene is trying to rebuild on the cheap and still refuses to spend the money fans want him to spend.

Yep, plenty of players out there he wouldn't have to break the bank for, not buying this no quality talk.

Would prefer someone like Honda.

Looking at the Park signing and now the enquiry about Benayoun..does anyone else think that Wenger doesn't have the Fabregas and Nasri money to spend?

Yossi would have cut it at Chelsea but he got an unfortunate injury which kept him out all of last season. And now when he is fit we have a new manager who wants to freshen the side up with some younger players. Yossi is a fantastic footballer and would improve Arsenal without a shaddow of a doubt.

Yossi would have cut it at Chelsea but he got an unfortunate injury which kept him out all of last season. And now when he is fit we have a new manager who wants to freshen the side up with some younger players. Yossi is a fantastic footballer and would improve Arsenal without a shaddow of a doubt.

We have enough injury prone players thanks, you can keep him.

Back