The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I think the Goetze story is nonsense, the Andre Santos story has legs to it.

Turkish agencies like Mackolik are running with the story that a fee has been agreed for Andre Santos.

Wenger can't be stupid enough to target a player who is clearly not for sale surely?...

''Hazard.''

Oh, oh dear.

Santos would be a good signing considering his experience and the relatively cheap fee imo. Not too sure about him defensively though, I know he is somewhat similar to Dani Alves in that he loves to bomb down the left flank.

Source of it (It's breaking right now, reports are mounting) is a Turkish TV channel TVSPOR.

Using Fenerbache sources and I'm guessing a off the record chat with Santos' agent.

Looks like he's signing.

Nothing special, will either settle in and be a good LB for 2-3 years until Gibbs is 'ready' or will be awful.

He has his moments but going forward he's decent, always been in the shadow of Roberto Carlos.

But put it like this, would I rather have Pereira/Tremoulinas or Andre Santos?

I would go with the former over the latter being honest.

I really get annoyed when I hear that arsenal wants to buy players like Benayoun. Yes when there are two days left on the transfermarket and you look at the selection of Arsenal he's welcome, but is this the level of players Arsenal should strive for? I hope not! We've lost like 4 or 5 regular first team players - Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy, Eboue, Denilson, Vela - and with the former ones two of our best players. And what did we get back - Gervinho, Jenkinson, Chamberlain, Campbell - from which only Gervinho is really worth playing for us in the first team squad.

Second of all Arsenal has the money to spend for a 'big buy' (and not like City or Chelsea, because of some sugar dady!). At the beginning of the season speculations where already that he had about €50 mln to spend on new players, but of course wenger said that he would only spend it on the 'right players'. So what are actually these right players? Apparently they don't exist or where these players Jenkinson, Campbell and Gervinho (okay the last one is fine). But after the last two seasons it was already clear that Arsenal needed to strengthen their defence and definitely after the leaving of Clichy he should have had a alternative ready, because you can't trust on only Gibbs for that position. So why is he always waiting for the last week of the transfermarket to make some moves? A lot of players are already out the market and clubs will only ask more with just a few days left. And even more important when he strengthen his squad in the summer, they would have got already used to each other in the pre-season.

But with the time left on the transfermarket I don't expect any miracle to happen, but Wenger may suprise me!

No, he's really not ****. Did you start watching football last season, by any chance?

lol no. it just went off my nerves.

but i dont want him at arsenal. simple.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

i have a feeling that we might have to get our replacements on by the winter transfer window.

park and cahill in by summer deadline day. as for another attacking midfielder, we'll have to see in the winter.

Last edited:
We really should try doing a deal with Lille that we get first dibs on Hazard next season.

We really should try doing a deal with Lille that we get first dibs on Hazard next season.

Plus I heard Lille are interested in taking Joel Campbell on loan. If that's true, we should definitely try to get a first option on Hazard. Now it remains to be seen how keen, if at all, Lille are to do business with Arsenal considering we snatched Park from them.

After nicking Park like that? Hm... don't think so.

//edit zoomed by Vlad - ****** laptop.

Plus I heard Lille are interested in taking Joel Campbell on loan. If that's true, we should definitely try to get a first option on Hazard. Now it remains to be seen how keen, if at all, Lille are to do business with Arsenal considering we snatched Park from them.
Their president said if we contacted them about Hazard he would be 'polite' and also said he didn't blame us for what Park did (ditching them in the middle of the night). Suspect they aren't too happy with us but don't think the door is closed on us getting him.

BBC thread on Fenerbache-Santos bid could be imminent...

Going to be a wild 2 days of transfers, all hours of the night/day transfers will be coming through I suspect.

YoungGunsBlog Jamie Sanderson

Arsenal have confirmed to the BBC they will sign André Santos from Fenerbahçe, subject to a medical and personal terms.

Cesc scored for Barcelona in a 5-0 rout of Villareal.

On André Santos... I seriously don't know what's going on in Wenger's mind.

Cesc scored for Barcelona in a 5-0 rout of Villareal.

On André Santos... I seriously don't know what's going on in Wenger's mind.

being abit skeptical here. like there are making him score goals. shouldn't messi and villa hit the ranks ? even Sanchez.

hopefully its not like messi/xavi is the playmaker, and cesc is the target man. LOL fm -wise

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

France Football saying PSG are interested in Chamakh. France Football : toute l'actualité du football

hold it. wtf.

if he goes, and assuming bendter goes too, then we have two strikers to spare with. oO) rvp and park. ....

Last edited:
Andre Santos statistics at Fenerbahce:

2010/11 - 25 games played - 5 goals - 5 yellow cards
2009/10 - 27 games played - 5 goals - 5 yellow cards

So he's quite stable, scores more than clichy and gets less yellow cards. An he's experienced, so I can live with this signing. One down, 2 or 3 to go!

Back