The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Every Arsenal fan around the world:

[video=youtube;jHPOzQzk9Qo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Hope that cheers you up.

Not contesting that, but Rosicky has the ability to play deep, so you'd assume they would play a 4-2-3-1 if they could, and they can. Therefore, I rather think Wenger's switching back to a 4-3-3, for better or for worse.

You might be right, Wenger might be switching them to a 4-3-3 because he feels they have more CM's (Ramsey, Wilshere, Rosicky, Diaby) than natural DM's (Song and Frimpong). That way he could avoid having to purchase a midfielder and spend just on defenders. I don't like it though and definitely think they're better off with a 4-2-3-1 (with a 4-3-3 I think Van Persie and the wingers as well are too isolated at the top of the pitch). The 4-2-3-1 enables the CAM (Ramsey or Wilshere) to sit right with the wingers and forward and gives the team more room for creation. The two DM's (or CM's) sitting behind them can disrupt play well in the middle. The alternative is having two CM's sitting either too far behind the front three, resulting in not enough creation, or too far forward, leaving the lone DM to chase around balls in the midfield (Coquelin vs. ManU). Also, in the 4-3-3 I feel like the two CM's might get in each other's way, whereas in the 4-2-3-1 the CAM has free reign. This would be great for developing Ramsey/Wilshere and Fabregas really excelled in that role. What a shame he left, should have given them one more year and helped ensure they finished top 4. It's not like he's good enough to play in Barca's midfield anyway.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

If only there was a young attacking playmaker available for 10-13m...

Oh wait, there is.

He's called Miralem Pjanic.

Can not believe Arsene is trying to rebuild on the cheap and still refuses to spend the money fans want him to spend.

I bet he's worth much more than that, not to mention any team selling to Arsenal will double their prices thanks to the ManU result. He's very good but not the right player, they need an LB, DM, possibly a CB, and a midfielder who can play in the middle and out wide before they go for a mid who would only play as a CAM. They already have Ramsey and Wilshere playing the CAM position, and they'd only need Pjanic IF Arsenal is switching to a 4-3-3, which I hope they aren't (see above).

You might be right, Wenger might be switching them to a 4-3-3 because he feels they have more CM's (Ramsey, Wilshere, Rosicky, Diaby) than natural DM's (Song and Frimpong). That way he could avoid having to purchase a midfielder and spend just on defenders. I don't like it though and definitely think they're better off with a 4-2-3-1 (with a 4-3-3 I think Van Persie and the wingers as well are too isolated at the top of the pitch). The 4-2-3-1 enables the CAM (Ramsey or Wilshere) to sit right with the wingers and forward and gives the team more room for creation. The two DM's (or CM's) sitting behind them can disrupt play well in the middle. The alternative is having two CM's sitting either too far behind the front three, resulting in not enough creation, or too far forward, leaving the lone DM to chase around balls in the midfield (Coquelin vs. ManU). Also, in the 4-3-3 I feel like the two CM's might get in each other's way, whereas in the 4-2-3-1 the CAM has free reign. This would be great for developing Ramsey/Wilshere and Fabregas really excelled in that role. What a shame he left, should have given them one more year and helped ensure they finished top 4. It's not like he's good enough to play in Barca's midfield anyway.

Agreed with everything. Well put.

ahh. okay. right.

i was think u were talking about arshavin for a moment.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Benayoun is Beyond ****. ffs go home.
Nope, no he isn't.

Benayoun is an excellent player :( Torres thrived under his crossing/passing

He's not **** but he's on the decline, is no serious improvement in terms of quality, brittle, injury prone. The answer to one freak result is not a brittle 31 year old Israeli who couldn't cut it at Liverpool or Chelsea. Would rather Chamberlain be given a proper chance.

Benayoun and Chamberlain don't even play in the same position or the same role, what are you on about.

If only there was a young attacking playmaker available for 10-13m...

Oh wait, there is.

He's called Miralem Pjanic.

Can not believe Arsene is trying to rebuild on the cheap and still refuses to spend the money fans want him to spend.

HE'S AVAILABLE?! OPEN YOUR EYES WENGER! HIM OR MARTIN!.

But when fit he is better than your current injury prone players.

I'm not disputing that, I rate Benayoun. But with the amount of injury prone players we currently have, we don't need another one to add to the injury table, its ridiculous.

With the amount of money we "appear" to have, we could get a higher calibre player.

Benayoun and Chamberlain don't even play in the same position or the same role, what are you on about.

No ****

I'm on about when Wilshere/Walcott etc come off with 10 minutes to go Benayoun gets time instead of Alex or another player who actually has a future at the club.

I'm not disputing that, I rate Benayoun. But with the amount of injury prone players we currently have, we don't need another one to add to the injury table, its ridiculous.

With the amount of money we "appear" to have, we could get a higher calibre player.

But thats the point, can they get these players?? At the moment Arsenal are at rock bottom and alot of players who might have wanted to join Arsenal may be put off. Plus they wont break the wage budget for anyone so you cant bring in world class players if you arnt willing to pay world class wages.

But thats the point, can they get these players?? At the moment Arsenal are at rock bottom and alot of players who might have wanted to join Arsenal may be put off. Plus they wont break the wage budget for anyone so you cant bring in world class players if you arnt willing to pay world class wages.

Lol, don't even suggest that players out there who would have been happy to join Arsenal before the first 3 games of this season wouldn't be willing anymore. Totally ridiculous.

No ****

I'm on about when Wilshere/Walcott etc come off with 10 minutes to go Benayoun gets time instead of Alex or another player who actually has a future at the club.

Benayoun wouldn't block Chamberlain since they don't play in the same position, as I said.

So we loose two games and the desire to join Arsenal FC is gone?

Get a ******* grip.

Benayoun wouldn't block Chamberlain since they don't play in the same position, as I said.

They're both versatile midfielders, Benayoun would get minutes from the bench that may have gone to Chamberlain, as I said.

Lol, don't even suggest that players out there who would have been happy to join Arsenal before the first 3 games of this season wouldn't be willing anymore. Totally ridiculous.

So we loose two games and the desire to join Arsenal FC is gone?

Get a ******* grip.

Were did i say Arsenal FC were gone??? All im saying is that some players may be put off with the recent activity and with the clubs tight wage structure it will be hard to get the top players to come to Arsenal.

Turkish press are breaking a story that Arsenal have agreed a 7m fee with Fenerbache for Andre Santos. (LB)

Strange, very strange.

Back