The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
coudn't be happier we signed 2 defenders 1 striker and 2 mids

brilliant news !

I would like to wish Yossi all the best at Arsenal. I hope he puts in fantastic performances for the club and I wish He got more games at cfc and I didn't want him to leave.

coudn't be happier we signed 2 defenders 1 striker and 2 mids

brilliant news !

and 1 winger.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Well, realistically speaking we were never going to sign Hazard/Gotze and Sneijder/Kaka to replace them, so I'm pretty satisfied with the dealings.

365 days later will get them. :P

can`t wait to see wilshere playing in the mid with arteta , should be fun to watch

[h=1]Arteta joins Arsenal on a four-year deal[/h]
Arsenal has confirmed that they have agreed to sign Spanish midfielder Mikel Arteta from Everton for an undisclosed fee.

The 29-year-old arrives at Emirates Stadium on a four-year deal with a wealth of Barclays Premier League experience, having been with the Merseyside outfit since 2005. After starting his career as a trainee with FC Barcelona, Arteta was loaned to Paris Saint-Germain before making his name in the Scottish Premier League with Rangers, where he was a member of the domestic treble winning side of 2002-3.

A year long spell in Spain with Real Sociedad followed before he teamed up with David Moyes’ side, initially on loan, in 2004-5. The Spaniard went on to score 28 goals in 174 Premier League appearances for the Toffees.

Arteta has represented Spain at Under-21 level, but has not played for the senior national team.

The deal is subject to the completion of formal registration processes.

Everyone at Arsenal wishes Mikel every success at the Club.

Arteta joins Arsenal on a four-year deal | News Archive | News | Arsenal.com

Arsenal has confirmed that they have agreed to sign Spanish midfielder Mikel Arteta from Everton for an undisclosed fee.

The 29-year-old arrives at Emirates Stadium on a four-year deal with a wealth of Barclays Premier League experience, having been with the Merseyside outfit since 2005. After starting his career as a trainee with FC Barcelona, Arteta was loaned to Paris Saint-Germain before making his name in the Scottish Premier League with Rangers, where he was a member of the domestic treble winning side of 2002-3.

A year long spell in Spain with Real Sociedad followed before he teamed up with David Moyes’ side, initially on loan, in 2004-5. The Spaniard went on to score 28 goals in 174 Premier League appearances for the Toffees.

Arteta has represented Spain at Under-21 level, but has not played for the senior national team.

The deal is subject to the completion of formal registration processes.

Everyone at Arsenal wishes Mikel every success at the Club.

Arsenal Website

Ooooh yeah, say hello to the latest hot addition to the Arsenal WAG's:

arteta-wife.jpg

Lorena Bernal.

Total. :P
Jenk, £1m - Gervinho, £10.5m - AOC, £12m - Park £1.8m - Andre Santos £6.2m - Mertesacker £8m - Arteta £10m = £49.5m Torres, £50m

does yossi transfer have any fee involved?

and a new look in our lineup.

current 4-2-3-1

GK: Wojo
LB: Santos
CB: Vermalen
CB: Per Merkascakers
RB: Sanga
CM: Wilshere (not injured otherwise Ramsey is in)
CM: Song
RW: Walcott
AMC: Arteta
LW: Gervhino/ Arshavin (despite the hate of calum :P )
STC: RVP (sub: Park)

Some top signings for Arsenal. Arteta is as good a replacement they were going to get for Fabregas. Mertesacker will add the key aerial dominance that Arsenal have missed over the past few years. Santos I have yet to see play, and Park will give an interesting option up front.

Judging by Santos' youtube videos, he doesn't seem to give a **** about defending. :P

Pleased with the Arteta and Mertesacker signings.

Not seen Park before so can't judge.

Benayoun gives good backup and even rotation if he plays well enough.

Pleased with these signings as we definately needed at least 3-4 players coming in, and in the end we signed 5.
Park from Monaco will supply good competition up front.The fee's paid for Mertesacker & Arteta are surprising as i imagined Everton & Bremen would've demanded much more however the fee's agreed are understandable as deals are always rushed on the final day. These two players were key to both sides and will play a massive part in our season. I haven't seen Santos play so i can't comment on the reported £6M fee paid for his services.
And finally I believe the loan signing of Benayoun will provide good quality rotation in the middle of the field throughout the season.

IMO Arsenal's Strongest Line Up-

GK-Szczesny
RB-Sagna
RCB-Mertesacker
LCB-Vermaelen
LB-Santos ( As i said , I haven't seen Santos play although I think Wenger will start him ahead of Gibbs who is injury prone)
CM-Wilshere
CM -Song
AMR-Walcott
CAM-Arteta
AML-Gervinho
ST- Van Persie

Last edited:
I was hoping for a change of tactics and formation, whenever arsenal start losing they don't have a Plan B to turn things around. They just carry on playing Plan A.

Possibly a 4-4-2 at times?

GK-Szczesny
RB-Sagna
RCB-Mertesacker
LCB-Vermaelen
LB-Santos
MR-Arteta
CM-Wilshere/Ramsey
CM -Song
ML-Gervinho
STR-Walcott
STL- Van Persie