The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Apparently we offered almost 30m for Hazard, but got rejected cos Lille didn't have replacement ready.

Derp, I thought he had the words Vermaelen and wasn't the other way round.

I'd assume Rosicky, Sagna, Arshavin and maybe even Mikel Arteta. On an unrelated note, lol at Koscielny's picture on Wiki.

So did I at first.

And LMAO. Talking of profile pictures - check out the Lille website's player profiles...

Well, if it didn't happen last night, was probably going to happen January because we're simply not progressing. Still a bit riled by the timing-but football is a business, and it was a last minute business deal...nothing can be done about it. Money was a tidy amount I suppose-however Moyes will only get around £3 million from yesterdays/todays transfers, but meh. But he deserves European football like I mentioned earlier-he has ambitions like any player and we can't match them. Just hoping this won't affect Fellaini contract talks though thats my main concern. Good luck to Mikel-hope he does well. Least he didn't do a Nasri and be a disrespectful little twonk.

My main bug bear though is all of a sudden I'm hearing Everton fans suddenly panning him, saying he can only pass left, right or backwards. They obviously have very short memories and forget what he has done for the club. For gods sake get over it. It's over-time to move on.

I imagine that if talks had started two or three weeks ago, you might have got more for him with the two clubs realistically negotiating between 10 and 15m. Loved Wenger denying it in his PC the other day, though - clearly he's not happy with the way Journalists have written about us so far this season, so he's been ******* about with them recently.

On Arteta only going backwards and sideways in Denilson-like fashion:

2.7 - Only five players have created more chances per 90 mins in the Premier League since 06/07 than Mikel Arteta. Bid

(OptaJoe)

Aaand from us - Summer transfer window roundup: analysing the deadline day five | Arsenal Report

Arteta wasn’t the top assister at Everton last season, but he had the most amount of key passes per game (2) in the squad, often linking up long passes with top assister Leighton Baines. He also had the top pass completion rate, highest amount of average passes per game (50.8), and an astonishing 5 successful long passes per match.
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]In terms of creativity, Arteta created a total of 58 overall chances last Premier League season, almost doubling the amount of second-placed Tim Cahill’s 36 chances created in midfield. Speaking of midfield, Arteta had the highest amount of open play passes, pass completion, crosses, crossing accuracy, assists, set play chances created and minutes per chance created out of all Everton’s midfielders.[/FONT]

Oh and:

JamieDalton82 Jamie Dalton

If it isn't bad enough for Everton, they'll have to pay £200k-300k to Barcelona from the £10m they got from Arteta over training fees -OnaFM

as for Per Mekasacker (lol sp), besides mobility, he's a good cb with aerial help lol, both for nation team and his former club Bremen.
but in the WC2010 with germany, he was pretty quite tbh, like i didnt see him tackle allot, and yeah Germany were offensively good(Germany trashes Argentina and England, 4-1 and 4-0. LOL) (Muller and Ozil !!!!!!).

hopefully yossi plays how he was at Liverpool. didnt see much of him at Chelsea.
and arteta was also the man to be for cesc. lol knew it few years back when the rumor was comming. obiously hamsik could have done the job more better, with still good years ahead of him. maybe next time :P

Last edited:
So did I at first.

And LMAO. Talking of profile pictures - check out the Lille website's player profiles...

I imagine that if talks had started two or three weeks ago, you might have got more for him with the two clubs realistically negotiating between 10 and 15m. Loved Wenger denying it in his PC the other day, though - clearly he's not happy with the way Journalists have written about us so far this season, so he's been ******* about with them recently.

On Arteta only going backwards and sideways in Denilson-like fashion:

2.7 - Only five players have created more chances per 90 mins in the Premier League since 06/07 than Mikel Arteta. Bid

(OptaJoe)

Aaand from us - Summer transfer window roundup: analysing the deadline day five | Arsenal Report

Arteta wasn’t the top assister at Everton last season, but he had the most amount of key passes per game (2) in the squad, often linking up long passes with top assister Leighton Baines. He also had the top pass completion rate, highest amount of average passes per game (50.8), and an astonishing 5 successful long passes per match.
In terms of creativity, Arteta created a total of 58 overall chances last Premier League season, almost doubling the amount of second-placed Tim Cahill’s 36 chances created in midfield. Speaking of midfield, Arteta had the highest amount of open play passes, pass completion, crosses, crossing accuracy, assists, set play chances created and minutes per chance created out of all Everton’s midfielders.

Oh and:

JamieDalton82 Jamie Dalton

If it isn't bad enough for Everton, they'll have to pay £200k-300k to Barcelona from the £10m they got from Arteta over training fees -OnaFM

Wth?! That much for training fees? Since when? for gods sake like they need the ****** money.

Fans are fickle and quickly forget what a player did for or against their club when they switch sides. I find that pathetic, but there's not much you can do about that.

I think we should've got more money from the transfer, we should've toughened up and tried to milk as much money as we could from Arsenal, seeing as it was a last-minute deal and they were in dire need of someone like Arteta. Another thing that bugs me is the fact that it went through in the last minute, leaving us no chance of finding a replacement in time, and it's going to be costly, maybe not relegation costly, but certainly enough to dent our chances of getting a top-half finish.

Anyways, I can't but wish Mikel all the best in his Arsenal career (bar the 2 games per season when you face Everton!) and hope Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, Borja Valero and Fabregas get injured simultaneously and he gets called up for Spain.

That's true. Hope Mikel flops against us :P

i've just tempted fate haven't I

Arteta is the Arsenal #8

attachment.php

Apparently we offered almost 30m for Hazard, but got rejected cos Lille didn't have replacement ready.
Heard about that as well, they were happy with the fee but as you said there wasn't time to replace him.

I imagine we'll go back for him in one of the next two windows.

It'll be interesting to what extent the relationship between Lille and Arsenal has broken down over the PCY fracas. Perhaps they'll refuse to sell Hazard to Arsenal full stop.

Will be interesting to see if Spain do pick Arteta now he's signed for Arsenal.

I remember Saha only got called up to France when he signed for United.

It'll be interesting to what extent the relationship between Lille and Arsenal has broken down over the PCY fracas. Perhaps they'll refuse to sell Hazard to Arsenal full stop.

It seems very personal for Lille, expect there will need to be some good diplomatic work from Arsenal

Will be interesting to see if Spain do pick Arteta now he's signed for Arsenal.

I remember Saha only got called up to France when he signed for United.

this. but im worried it might not happen, with fabregas next in line for xavi's seat for spain.

nad like i saw in the WC 2010 most players are from barca. lmao. i hope arteta's age is not a problemo. 29 yrs old and no international caps :(

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

hmm, i see.

but joe cole arrived late to Lille. if it was done eariler then yeas we'll be having hazard by now.

this. but im worried it might not happen, with fabregas next in line for xavi's seat for spain.

nad like i saw in the WC 2010 most players are from barca. lmao. i hope arteta's age is not a problemo. 29 yrs old and no international caps :(

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

hmm, i see.

but joe cole arrived late to Lille. if it was done eariler then yeas we'll be having hazard by now.

I doubt they'd consider Cole to be more than rotation player. I'd expect them to start circling around players like Xherdan Shaqiri or Antoine Griezmann to replace Hazard. I think they'll keep him as long as they are in CL.

I doubt they'd consider Cole to be more than rotation player. I'd expect them to start circling around players like Xherdan Shaqiri or Antoine Griezmann to replace Hazard. I think they'll keep him as long as they are in CL.

lol, by then when cole will learn french :P

Bendtner: "I will never go back to Arsenal. If I can have it my way, I will never play for them again."

I'm guessing a jubilant 'hoorah' just got cried around the world from Arsenal fans.

Bendtner: "I will never go back to Arsenal. If I can have it my way, I will never play for them again."

I'm guessing a jubilant 'hoorah' just got cried around the world from Arsenal fans.

"hoorah" ;)

Why the angry statement from him lol?

Maybe Arsenal put him in economy rather than first class when they flew him to Sunderland.

Back