The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Not just RVP. Vermaelen, Arshavin, Song, and Djourou all have one year left.

Forget Djourou, you're better off getting his wage back. Arsenal's problem is that they dnt have a real wage heirachy, too many players are on similar deal. Diaby 60k a week?!! He should be on 35k, and the extra 25 going to someone like RVP

Forget Djourou, you're better off getting his wage back. Arsenal's problem is that they dnt have a real wage heirachy, too many players are on similar deal. Diaby 60k a week?!! He should be on 35k, and the extra 25 going to someone like RVP

Yeah, Wenger and the board really screwed up the wage structure. I'm baffled at how Diaby and Bendtner are on 60k and 54k respectively. Not to mention Nasri was on 40k, and he was one of the best players at the club.

Yeah, Wenger and the board really screwed up the wage structure. I'm baffled at how Diaby and Bendtner are on 60k and 54k respectively. Not to mention Nasri was on 40k, and he was one of the best players at the club.
That's hurting you just as much as any wage gap

But we can't really do anything about it, now can we? :P

Contemplate the dark side maybe: Usmanov.

I'm not sure, havent had a proper look at Arsenal's financial results in a while. But Wenger has sort things on the pitch first, if there is tangible success the rest will soon follow

Contemplate the dark side maybe: Usmanov.

I'm not sure, havent had a proper look at Arsenal's financial results in a while. But Wenger has sort things on the pitch first, if there is tangible success the rest will soon follow

Usmanov hasn't even been offered a place on the board, despite holding a 29.5% stake. It's pretty much common knowledge the current board don't want Usmanov there.

IIRC, we recorded a £2.5m loss last season.

Usmanov hasn't even been offered a place on the board, despite holding a 29.5% stake. It's pretty much common knowledge the current board don't want Usmanov there.

IIRC, we recorded a £2.5m loss last season.

Then Kroenke needs to quit stalling becuase of Usmanov's stake holding, lack of movement in the boardrom killed Arsenal in the market this season as it is

Arsenal vs Bolton in the League Cup. Thoughts?

Probably a repeat of the Shrewsbury result or maybe a 2-1. Fringe players putting in fantastic performances, and the first team players putting in not-so-fantastic performances.

Wolves v Man City
Cardiff v Burnley
Blackburn v Newcastle
Arsenal v Bolton
Stoke v Liverpool
Aldershot v Man Utd
Crystal Palace v Southampton
Everton v Chelsea

good draw imo, our young guns get a real test against an epl standard side, and another home game.

What's this I hear about Walcott and ligament damage? Can anyone clarify?

What's this I hear about Walcott and ligament damage? Can anyone clarify?

on Theo Walcott's injury...
I don't really know [what is wrong]. I thought it was a classic hamstring but it is not. He felt a sharp pain in his knee and at the moment he is with the doctor. I don't know what the diagnosis will be but it is completely surprising. There was no one near him. I don't know what they will do, whether they will have a scan tonight, I will have to speak to the medical people

on Theo Walcott's injury...
I don't really know [what is wrong]. I thought it was a classic hamstring but it is not. He felt a sharp pain in his knee and at the moment he is with the doctor. I don't know what the diagnosis will be but it is completely surprising. There was no one near him. I don't know what they will do, whether they will have a scan tonight, I will have to speak to the medical people

Meh. Wouldn't be surprised if he ****** up his ACL. If he did, that's 6-8 months minimum. :O

Back