The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I went mental when I saw that our kit deal gets us £8m a season...

I hope we can get more ludicrous contracts when our present deals are up for renewal in 2014. We really ****** it up in the sponsorship department.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits he might buy in January | Mail Online

XD

Capt Obvious i am sorry V2.jpg

Cashley Hole talking out of his *** again.

Cole said:
"I've been lucky enough to play in two Champions League finals - and the first team I did that with (Arsenal) we got there because we had a lucky draw," the left-back told the Daily Star Sunday. "To get to the final I don't think you have to be the best team - because you can get lucky.

So he says first final (With Arsenal) was down to lucky draw where they faced Madrid, Juventus, Villareal on the way to finals.

With Chelsea they faced Olympiakos,Fenerbache, Liverpool on the way to final.

Any tom **** and harry can tell which was the easy route.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on Robin van Persie's future at the club after the Dutch striker wrote in today's match programme that he is committed to the club despite having not yet extended his contract beyond 2013:
"The ideal situation is that he extends his contract and if he doesn't you have to respect that. What is important is he plays how he plays. We are all eager to see special football players and he is a special football player. For me commitment is giving your best as long as you are at the club, not how long you are at the club. If you give absolutely 100% until the last day of your contract, that is what I call commitment."

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on Robin van Persie's future at the club after the Dutch striker wrote in today's match programme that he is committed to the club despite having not yet extended his contract beyond 2013:

Not really encouraging words tbh.

On Sky Sports he said in his post match interview he is very commited, I really doubt he will leave.

Yeah, I know that. Just that Wenger's words are not encouraging. Like I said I dont trust modern day footballers. ;)

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

These are RVP's words:
'If you can say about one player that he is committed to Arsenal, it's me.'

Hopefully Wenger offers him new contract asap.

Hopefully Wenger offers him new contract asap.

Maybe he has? RVPs getting to the age now where it's the last chance saloon regarding a move to a trophy-winning side. I wouldn't be massively surprised if RVP has been stalling to see where Arsenal go next.

Maybe he has? RVPs getting to the age now where it's the last chance saloon regarding a move to a trophy-winning side. I wouldn't be massively surprised if RVP has been stalling to see where Arsenal go next.

Maybe. I meant Wenger should sort this out as he can't risk letting player into last year on his contract.

I take it all with a pinch of salt tbh. You can be commited one minute, then ready to leave the next. Don't doubt his commitment right now, but you also have to consider how he'd feel if Arsenal finished outside the top 4 this season then a top club comes in with a huge offer and a better chance of silverware. He's running out of time, so the move could be too tempting.

Cashley Hole talking out of his *** again.

So he says first final (With Arsenal) was down to lucky draw where they faced Madrid, Juventus, Villareal on the way to finals.

With Chelsea they faced Olympiakos,Fenerbache, Liverpool on the way to final.

Any tom **** and harry can tell which was the easy route.

I assume Arsenal's was easier seeing as Chelsea had to come through a tie against Liverpool?

;)

If we can win a cup, and perhaps nick fourth, RVP would easily sign imo. If we finish 5th, trophyless, im less sure.

Nevertheless, what a man.

I assume Arsenal's was easier seeing as Chelsea had to come through a tie against Liverpool?

;)

Lol, I agree :P

Also Chelsea had much tougher opponents in the finals than Arsenal ;)

Last edited:
Larsson free kick vs Arsenal 16.10.2011 - YouTube

Rosicky doing the same thing he did against United. Not even looking, just walks off.

TOMAS ROSICKY insists he was not acting irresponsibly by walking to the halfway line before Seb Larsson's free-kick had struck the back of Arsenal's net in yesterday's 2-1 victory over Sunderland.

Robin van Persie once again saved the Gunners from another disappointing Premier League result when he lashed home a free-kick to give the Londoners victory after Larsson had equalised his opener.
As brilliant as Van Persie's winner was, Larsson's free-kick was the pick of the goals.

The Swede curled a wonderfully arched strike over the wall and in to the top right-hand corner of Wojciech Szczesny's goal.
However, Rosicky, who was stood just off the wall for the free-kick, caused fury among Arsenal fans by starting his walk to the halfway line with his back to goal for the restart without even turning around to see if the ball had actually gone in.

The Czech international, who did the same when Wayne Rooney struck with a free-kick against the Gunners at Old Trafford in August, even appeared to laugh as soon as Larsson struck the goal-bound free-kick.
But the 31-year-old midfielder defended his actions today. He said: "That wasn't a laugh — it was a desperate laugh that such a screamer would be scored again.

"I don't have to turn around. When I see his face and he is celebrating, why should I turn around? I have been here six years and anyone who thinks I would laugh at that...for people to take it that way is frankly unbelievable."

Why are people making a big deal out of Rosicky? He knows the shot has gone in and is strolling back to the half-way line for Kick-off.

Don't understand the issue.

Back