The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Why are people making a big deal out of Rosicky? He knows the shot has gone in and is strolling back to the half-way line for Kick-off.

Don't understand the issue.
What if he misjudges it and it hits the bar or Szczesny pulls of a wonder save? He wouldn't have any idea and Sunderland might end up getting a goal from it.

Arsene Wenger reckons players don’t leave Arsenal for Manchester City to win honours – but, surprise, surprise, for the huge wages. And the manager says he doesn’t think RVP will leave the Emirates. “I don’t think we will lose Robin,” he said.
Wenger has been speaking on French radio tonight and we are indebted to Vince, the president of the Arsenal supporters club France, for the translation on his Twitter feed (@ASCFR).

Arsenal have sold Samir Nasri, Gael Clichy, Kolo Toure and that other twonk to City in the past year or two and AW says it is the massive money they can earn rather than the chance of silverware that is the attraction.
Vince quotes AW as saying: “We’re coming back slowly. We’re not too far from 4th place but the first place is out of reach at the moment.”

He adds: “A player who has a choice with 2 clubs with same ambition, they’ll go for the Club who pay more… If the players leave it’s not linked with titles, players don’t go to Man City for titles, they go for money.”

Wenger cites the departure of Cesc and Nasri as well as the injury to JW as reasons for our horrible start. He added: “People forget we had to build a new midfield after losing Nasri, Cesc & Wilshere who was very important and who will come back on January.”
On the summer of turmoil, he revealed: “I had half of the dressing room who wanted to leave this summer, there was an Asian Tour, etc … what saved us is this Club is very solid.

“It’s been 14 years we’re in Champion’s League and 14 years we’re not in deficit. I’m used to work a lot, I must have been lazy in a previous life, and Ive been punished.”

On the CL game in France on Wednesay night against OM, he said: “Marseille is a team which is able to play at better level in special circumstances (CL). Because they’ve got very good players …”

Source: Wenger: We won’t lose Van Persie…and Nasri left for money, not trophies | Arsenalinsider.com

What if he misjudges it and it hits the bar or Szczesny pulls of a wonder save? He wouldn't have any idea and Sunderland might end up getting a goal from it.

Pretty sure he turned around and strolled away when he was 100% sure of it going in, not to mention he wasn't really in a vital position to deal with an unfortunate rebound either, I'll moan if it happens like that, but I highly doubt it will.

Pretty sure he turned around and strolled away when he was 100% sure of it going in, not to mention he wasn't really in a vital position to deal with an unfortunate rebound either, I'll moan if it happens like that, but I highly doubt it will.

Nope, he never looked back once. Not that it makes a great deal of difference, but just weird.

Tbh, if he's on the edge of the wall - what can he do realistically to prevent the ball going in from the rebound? If he's in the wall there will be people behind him who should deal with the rebound before it gets to him.

As Redrup said, if that happens then fair enough scream and shout at him - but there isn't really a need unless it happens and it's unlikely that it will.

Tbh, if he's on the edge of the wall - what can he do realistically to prevent the ball going in from the rebound? If he's in the wall there will be people behind him who should deal with the rebound before it gets to him.

As Redrup said, if that happens then fair enough scream and shout at him - but there isn't really a need unless it happens and it's unlikely that it will.
I know there probably wasn't much he would of been able to do if anything had happened, but I'd rather see players watching it in on the off chance it doesn't go in rather than just walking off as soon as it'*****.

He did the same thing against United. Seems a bit of a defeatist attitude when you just walk away like that. Doesn't say much for his concentration. As 3rd choice captain (I think), he could at least try and look like he gives more of a ****.

Stupid of wenger to say players are leaving arsenal for city because of money. That was the case for players joining city a few years ago, but not so much now.

Arsenal haven't won anything for a long time now, and city are currently top of the prem. Nasri might have left to get a bigger paycheck, but he will win more honours there in the coming years than at arsenal, and (unfortunately) that's just a simple fact.

Stupid of wenger to say players are leaving arsenal for city because of money. That was the case for players joining city a few years ago, but not so much now.

Arsenal haven't won anything for a long time now, and city are currently top of the prem. Nasri might have left to get a bigger paycheck, but he will win more honours there in the coming years than at arsenal, and (unfortunately) that's just a simple fact.

I think the point he was making - although still a little odd IMO - was that players are now taking the easy way out. Two clubs share the same ambition; to win things. Just that at City it's easier because they can splash the cash as much as they like and if the new players don't win things immediately, that blow is cushioned by a nice big pay packet.

As an Arsenal fan, I can see where he's coming from in that players like Nasri leave citing a "lack of ambition" on Arsenal's part (because we can't pay you £200k/week?) but they're never willing to put 110% in and do it the hard(er) way. Nasri had half a brilliant season in his 3 years with us before he left. If, like Fabregas for example, he had played consistently brilliantly over an extended period of time and then left because he felt that other players weren't up to the same standard and that he was holding the team up on his own, there would be significantly less abuse directed at him.

The thing is that he said he was frustrated at not winning things, but he expects others to do it for him without realising that his form in the second half of the season was also a reason we ended up with nothing last season. You have to put the effort in to reap the rewards.

TBH, I'm surprised by Wenger's comments. He usually stands by ex-(and current) players and is generally pretty quiet on controversial stuff like this (although of course he's happy to complain about the officials - aren't we all?) but he's really opened up and it could go either way with the team. I guess he's trying to guilt-trip players like RvP and say to them that if they really want to be respected, they should take a chance and do it the hard way - work hard for a team that in all honesty hasn't been THAT far from success in recent years.

Sorry for the rambling essay.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

I'm going to find Tim Payton, and headbutt him.

"Shows wider issues that player who has spent more than 50% of time at afc injured over almost 2.5 yrs gets big new contract"

Twitter

Arsenal should look to their wage structure, which quite frankly is a mess and a joke. I knew the spread was bad, didnt realise how bad till i read swiss ramble

If you want to know the real reason why he just strolled away then I will happily enlighten you.

'Football is fixed just like Wrestling Entertainment. They cheat money and know who is gonna score, so its all an act. Just happened Rosicky is not a great actor.'

Genuine quote from the Youtube video.

I think the point he was making - although still a little odd IMO - was that players are now taking the easy way out. Two clubs share the same ambition; to win things. Just that at City it's easier because they can splash the cash as much as they like and if the new players don't win things immediately, that blow is cushioned by a nice big pay packet.

As an Arsenal fan, I can see where he's coming from in that players like Nasri leave citing a "lack of ambition" on Arsenal's part (because we can't pay you £200k/week?) but they're never willing to put 110% in and do it the hard(er) way. Nasri had half a brilliant season in his 3 years with us before he left. If, like Fabregas for example, he had played consistently brilliantly over an extended period of time and then left because he felt that other players weren't up to the same standard and that he was holding the team up on his own, there would be significantly less abuse directed at him.

The thing is that he said he was frustrated at not winning things, but he expects others to do it for him without realising that his form in the second half of the season was also a reason we ended up with nothing last season. You have to put the effort in to reap the rewards.

TBH, I'm surprised by Wenger's comments. He usually stands by ex-(and current) players and is generally pretty quiet on controversial stuff like this (although of course he's happy to complain about the officials - aren't we all?) but he's really opened up and it could go either way with the team. I guess he's trying to guilt-trip players like RvP and say to them that if they really want to be respected, they should take a chance and do it the hard way - work hard for a team that in all honesty hasn't been THAT far from success in recent years.

Sorry for the rambling essay.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

I'm going to find Tim Payton, and headbutt him.

"Shows wider issues that player who has spent more than 50% of time at afc injured over almost 2.5 yrs gets big new contract"

Twitter

you cant fault the players too tho... i mean they have the right to go to a club where they feel their career will best be furthered, I for one believe Nasri when he says that he did not join City for money because that may have been the case a few years ago but right now City are one of the best teams in Europe while Arsenal are not anymore and tbh I dont get this 'easy way out' nonsense..

If that was the case millions of players took the easy way out, David Villa took the easy way out by joining Barcelona, **** even Fabregas in that case took the easy way out by joining Arsenal... Hernandez took the easy way out by joining Man Utd, he should have stayed at Chivas and made them the best team in the world not just go to another team

My point is... neither of them took the easy way out, like Nasri they all felt at that point in their lives that their career would be best furthered at another club and all of them made the right decisions

If you want to know the real reason why he just strolled away then I will happily enlighten you.

'Football is fixed just like Wrestling Entertainment. They cheat money and know who is gonna score, so its all an act. Just happened Rosicky is not a great actor.'

Saw that two, took me ~15 minutes to stop laughing my *** off.

Pure lols, people are funny.

Back