The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
We actually defended well, shocking!

Felt we deserved 3 points over the course of the game and was happy when the goal finally came.

Big result. The fact that Dortmund lost too is nearly as big

I recognize my error. But, for a few minutes, I love Ramsey. I still hate him deep down inside.

You hate him? You hate a player who plays for your own team.

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this?

Big result. The fact that Dortmund lost too is nearly as big

Am quite shocked that Dortmund haven't put up a fight so far in Europe. Does very much look like it's going to be Arsenal and Marseille progressing.

Not a great match but the right result thought arsenal deserved the win! Good result which was needed along with a good solid defensive performance

Am quite shocked that Dortmund haven't put up a fight so far in Europe. Does very much look like it's going to be Arsenal and Marseille progressing.

Very suprised, TBH i thought it would have been between Arsenal and Marseille for 2nd place when the group was announced. Arsenal looking very good now.

You hate him? You hate a player who plays for your own team.

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this?
He just seems very.. clunky in the midfield. His passes almost never go where they are supposed to. It might just be when I'm watching, but he seems to have never really recovered from his injury.

He just seems very.. clunky in the midfield. His passes almost never go where they are supposed to. It might just be when I'm watching, but he seems to have never really recovered from his injury.

None of which are good reasons for hating ​a player, not to mention one from your own team.

I think you might've caught him on his bad days, because I couldn't disagree with this much more to be honest. Admittedly he has those matches where his passes don't work out but for the most part he's a solid playmaker who can only improve.

List of interpretations we will see from this match (most of which will come from Paul Hayward... in the same article)

[h=6]Arsenal got lucky? Arsenal lack conviction? Arsenal looked too relaxed? Arsenal looked too tense? Arsenal don't have enough fun? Arsenal need to tighten and remember that football isn't all about fun? A 1-0 would have been unacceptable to the old Arsenal? Arsenal in crisis? Arsenal have turned a corner? Arsenal need a big strong defender? Arsenal need a more cultured defender because the big strong one they got is part of an antiquated breed. Yes Arsenal have done exactly what we moaned at them to do for over a year but it doesn't count because their strongman defender lacks the key attribute for the role: ENGLISHNESS!?

Arshavin is lazy? Arshavin is a temperamental genius? Arshavin is under appreciated? Aaron Ramsey is quality and Wales are the dark horses of Europe. Aaron Ramsey doesn't get enough playtime? Aaron Ramsey hasn't developed fast enough? An off hand comment to start a 12 page comment war between Liverpool and Man U fans? This was more convincing than the Chelsea/Man U/ Man City victory? This was less convincing than the Chelsea/Man U/ Man City victory?

Arsenal lack replacements for Fabregas and Nasri? Arsenal don't need replacements? Arsenal need to go back to their old shape? Arsenal's new shape is brilliant? Wenger is brialliant? Wenger is misguided?

[/h]

Well, gotta say, I'm a happy Brit. All the Brit teams did well in Europe which makes me happy. And Arsenal at last are starting to string wins together. 5/6 before tonight if I'm not mistaken. Patience is a virtue. And will hopefully silence the ones who want Arsene out. And Ramsey-I wish you were in the England squad. You're quality

Well, gotta say, I'm a happy Brit. All the Brit teams did well in Europe which makes me happy. And Arsenal at last are starting to string wins together. 5/6 before tonight if I'm not mistaken. Patience is a virtue. And will hopefully silence the ones who want Arsene out. And Ramsey-I wish you were in the England squad. You're quality

**** yeah that was epic. but he's for the Dragons alright. lol

tbh, a boring bore game. but glad we got a win :) . jenks was good, but why, why the injures. Per Merts, disciplined defender ;) walcott, lol again, even for lucho too. poor performance by lucho. maybe could have scored, but ah well. :P.

Back