The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
It was worth Szczesny getting a yellow just to get Cole like that. Also loved Theo dominating him all game.

Also - did anyone else see Szczesny after Chelsea's offside goal? Was absolutely giving it to the Chelsea fans.

Love all the Ashley Cole bashing on here when its easy for all you to forget you got yourselfs William "****" Gallas and 5mill in return lolz. Maybe its one of the reasons why you are all so bitter?? Well that and the fact he wanted to better himself financialy and ability in terms of employers.

bashing people for bashing? nice.

Or the fact that he was utterly utterly ****

Cole or Gallas?? Cole wasen't great yesterday but overrall its a no brainer who got the better of that deal and i think this is one of the main reasons for the bitterness. If Gallas was successfull at Arsenal i don't think they would even care as much as they do.

The only reason they're bashing Cole is because A) He was **** against Arsenal and B) He's a massive ****. Not quite as big a **** as Downing, mind, but a **** nonetheless.

The only reason they're bashing Cole is because A) He was **** against Arsenal and B) He's a massive ****. Not quite as big a **** as Downing, mind, but a **** nonetheless.

But there were much poorer players against Arsenal. Cole was poor but most certainly wasen't the poorest, and he may be a **** but my god he has been and still is a sensational fullback and what a ******* bargain lol. 5mill and a chance to offload deadwood, yes please.

Did anyone find John Obi Mikel's performance quite solid? Watched him try and anchor the midfield all game and he did well to compose himself, collect the pass and re-distribute the recycled possession. Very much helped Ramires and Lampard when going forward.

But there were much poorer players against Arsenal. Cole was poor but most certainly wasen't the poorest, and he may be a **** but my god he has been and still is a sensational fullback and what a ******* bargain lol. 5mill and a chance to offload deadwood, yes please.

Don't know why you keep on bringing up a deal that happened half a decade ago.

There may have been poorer players against Arsenal, but for Arsenal fans Cole's poor performance added an extra special flavour to it due to the cuntish behaviour he displayed when leaving them. It's pretty simple.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Did anyone find John Obi Mikel's performance quite solid? Watched him try and anchor the midfield all game and he did well to compose himself, collect the pass and re-distribute the recycled possession. Very much helped Ramires and Lampard when going forward.

Mostly, yes, but he was utterly bamboozled by Van Persie's movement. He didn't know whether to track him constantly or leave him at specific times, and ended up doing neither. He often ended up between his centre-backs even when Chelsea were out of possession, leaving Ramsey free.

Not really no, if you look closely the first goal was 100% his fault and i called it as it happend in real time. Besides that then in the first half he was decent but like i always say when things are going Chelsea's way he does perform well but when the tide starts to turn he is a liability.

Mostly, yes, but he was utterly bamboozled by Van Persie's movement. He didn't know whether to track him constantly or leave him at specific times, and ended up doing neither. He often ended up between his centre-backs even when Chelsea were out of possession, leaving Ramsey free.

Not really no, if you look closely the first goal was 100% his fault and i called it as it happend in real time. Besides that then in the first half he was decent but like i always say when things are going Chelsea's way he does perform well but when the tide starts to turn he is a liability.

Fair points in both departments. I would agree that he became somewhat a liability at some stages of Arsenal's attacks, unable to make a good enough defensive contribution in order to pry away the threats.

Perhaps if this were Michael Essien (when fit of course) would he have done a better job?

Carl, Cole was terrible, his poor line keeping was the reason Arsenal got in behind so often, he constantly played them on side. He was woeful.

Walcott was awesome on Saturday especially his quick two touch to get past both defenders he looks like he is maturing as a footballer and getting a footballing mind.

Fair points in both departments. I would agree that he became somewhat a liability at some stages of Arsenal's attacks, unable to make a good enough defensive contribution in order to pry away the threats.

Perhaps if this were Michael Essien (when fit of course) would he have done a better job?

Different type of footballer. Essien's much more dynamic, offers in attack as well as defence. He'd be suited to what is currently Ramires' role, for example.

Different type of footballer. Essien's much more dynamic, offers in attack as well as defence. He'd be suited to what is currently Ramires' role, for example.

Indeed, but due to Ramires filling in a marauding role on either side of the three-man midfield, as well as Essien possibly not having the legs anymore to actually run as much or for as long Ramires, a more deep-seated, deeper-lying role could suit. Tough tackling, aggressive, whilst either Lampard or Ramires/Raul Meireles come back, help retain the possession and continue the Chelsea move.

It's just a theory and given him suffering the same injury twice in 3 years (?) he could find it difficult to do what he did in the earlier stages of his career with the Blues.

I like Essien in more advanced positions, i have my doubts if he will ever be near his best ever again unfortunatly. The only other DM we have at the moment and someone who i think we should actually start more often is Oriol. Every time i have seen him he has impressed me alot, he can head, tackle, defend, attack, pass and create and i think he needs more starts in bigger games.

Carl, Cole was terrible, his poor line keeping was the reason Arsenal got in behind so often, he constantly played them on side. He was woeful.

I know he was poor i never said he wasen't poor on Saturday.

Indeed, but due to Ramires filling in a marauding role on either side of the three-man midfield, as well as Essien possibly not having the legs anymore to actually run as much or for as long Ramires, a more deep-seated, deeper-lying role could suit. Tough tackling, aggressive, whilst either Lampard or Ramires/Raul Meireles come back, help retain the possession and continue the Chelsea move.

It's just a theory and given him suffering the same injury twice in 3 years (?) he could find it difficult to do what he did in the earlier stages of his career with the Blues.

I don't think it's just a question of tactics, I think Essien's mentality would mean that he couldn't quite fit in there. He's naturally an box-to-boxer. Whether he can curb those instincts remains to be seen.

Future wise i.e next season i would like to see a midfield 3 of Oriol, Meireles and Ramires. Further in the future replace Meireles with McEachran.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

I don't think it's just a question of tactics, I think Essien's mentality would mean that he couldn't quite fit in there. He's naturally an box-to-boxer. Whether he can curb those instincts remains to be seen.

Thats why it annoys me when people say Luiz could play in a DM role. No he couldn't, you need to be massivly discaplined and know when to go and when to stay and he has none of them. Much better as a CB who makes regular runs forward.

Thats why it annoys me when people say Luiz could play in a DM role. No he couldn't, you need to be massivly discaplined and know when to go and when to stay and he has none of them. Much better as a CB who makes regular runs forward.

People partially say that because of how Mourinho deployed Pepe, who is a CB, in the DMC role to counter Barcelona in the Spanish Super Cup (or UEFA Champions League, can't remember). It work with good effectiveness and disciplined their midfield but was only used a couple times, now he has just reverted back into his normal role.

The same happened when Busquets started to drop into the Barcelona defence to create a three-man whilst the full backs went forward and made it a 3-5-2. It will die down eventually.

Just realised we are debating a Chelsea issue on an Arsenal thread lol, lets take this elsewhere.

Back