The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
it's only a picture..

ANYWAY.

What a fookin' result. Were truly back, no doubt about it. RVP continues to amaze me, and the unity looked really good between the team today. Once we can get a settled back four, I hope we can improve on that side of our game, and drive towards fourth place!

The Arsenal :wub:

When I was reading you post, didn't expect it to end with "Fight for fourth place" tbh.

I'm realistic.

Na, I was just talking about that post when you started with "We're truely back". Tbh if you can sort out your defense you can do better than just fighting for fourth place.

Na, I was just talking about that post when you started with "We're truely back". Tbh if you can sort out your defense you can do better than just fighting for fourth place.

I think were off City/Utd so 3rd is the absolute highest imo, but 4th is the minimum.

I think were off City/Utd so 3rd is the absolute highest imo, but 4th is the minimum.

Fair enough, if you can sort out your defense we will be seeing a lot better Arsenal in the second half of the season with Wilshere back.

Arsenal are the first team to put 5 past Chelsea at Stamford bridge in 22 years. Well played.

How the **** did that happen? Watched the first half but had to make my way to the football pitch at half time so missed the second half.

Van Persie is without question the best striker in the EPL at the moment and with a goalscoring record like his possibly (don't watch foreign leagues) the most in-form player in the world.

I still question Mertesacker's defending for John Terry's goal - he's 2-3 inches taller than him but managed to get the right side of him and kick the ball in the net? Typical Arsenal defending I suppose.

I'll take a 5-3 win any day though. Up the Arsenal :wub:

I still question Mertesacker's defending for John Terry's goal - he's 2-3 inches taller than him but managed to get the right side of him and kick the ball in the net? Typical Arsenal defending I suppose.

Also Lampards goal was way too easy. And had Arteta been guarding front post he would've stopped the Terry goal from going in.

Mertesacker was poor yesterday. Not only did he look slow and immobile, but he was partially at fault for Terry's goal as well as Lampard's.

Arsenal are the first team to put 5 past Chelsea at Stamford bridge in 22 years. Well played.

Maybe in the league but we lost 5-3 to Man Utd at the Bridge in the FA Cup in 1998. I remember Graeme Le Saux scoring a delightful chip.

Rambo :wub:

Cesc who?

[video=youtube;x1EkLf7lIY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1EkLf7lIY0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Mertesacker was poor yesterday. Not only did he look slow and immobile, but he was partially at fault for Terry's goal as well as Lampard's.

But we won, and Cashley was ****. That's all that matters :)

Starting to get worried with Mertesacker. Really is struggling atm. Looks to be a poor signing (atm). If we can get Kos and Vermaelen together, we'll be fine!

Starting to get worried with Mertesacker. Really is struggling atm. Looks to be a poor signing (atm). If we can get Kos and Vermaelen together, we'll be fine!

Called Mertesacker being the wrong fit, but frankly he'll be third choice after Koscielny and Vermaelen. He's a very capable backup, and useful for games against sides like Stoke.

cashley is always **** after his infamous crossing boarder ;) shame for him.

but walcoott was immense too. just if gervhino and rvp scored those open chance in the begin, it would be awesome.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

RVP the MVP !!!

[video=youtube;ngPLkUJ12UM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_795056&s rc_vid=L2T8NHY_NlU&v=ngPLkUJ12UM[/video]

Back