The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
With Jenkinson out I'm guessing we'll go with Djourou - Kos - Vermaelen - Santos at the back. Wouldn't make sense to play Kos at RB with Mertesacker at CB as we would then play them again midweek against Dortmund. At least this way Mertesacker will be fresh for the midweek game.

Szczesny - Djourou, Kos, Vermaelen, Santos - Song, Arteta - Walcott, Ramsey, Gervinho - van Persie
3-0 win that is sealed early so RVP can come off with 20-30 minutes left please.

Ze line ups are just in: Szczesny, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Andre Santos, Ramsey, Arteta, Song, Walcott, van Persie, Gervinho. Subs: Fabianski, Rosicky, Djourou, Arshavin, Chamakh, Benayoun, Coquelin

Arsene Wenger has thrown his future at Arsenal into doubt by revealing he might not be managing the club next season.
The Frenchman has been in charge of the Gunners since 1996 leading them to unprecedented success including three Premier League titles and four FA Cup wins but he has now failed to win a trophy since 2005, leading to renewed pressure on him to deliver silverware to the club.
And he has admitted for the first time that he is no longer working to a long-term plan for Arsenal, telling French magazine L’Equipe: “No. For me we're now talking short term, it's obvious.
“For the first time I lost young players, who were reaching maturity. I suffered. It's painful to lose key men you have invested a lot in.”Arsene Wenger
"But whether it's with me or someone else, it changes nothing. My successor needs foundations on which he can be successful."
When asked about his future beyond this season, a campaign in which Arsenal face a tougher fight than ever just to finish in the top four of the Premier League, Wenger claimed that the loss of captain Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona this summer and Samir Nasri's decision to move to Manchester City had been a very painful experience for him.
"We'll look at things at the end of this one,” he added. “For the first time I lost young players, who were reaching maturity. I suffered. It's painful to lose key men you have invested a lot in.
"[Bad results] broke the squad. I often call it 'the season of the last minute.”

Have to admit didn't expect to read that. Don't go Arsene. Please.

Morison! Amazing that just a couple of eyars ago he was playing non league football and now he is scoring against the likes of Arsenal. Still think Arsenal will win today. 3-1 me thinks to the gunners.

Mertesacker continues to prove me right. Good goal from Van Persie, and good assist from Walcott.

Van Persie once again scores. Definately the best striker in the league without a doubt.

That was the other reason why I wanted Djourou at RB so Koscielny could play next to Vermaelen....

No idea what Mertesacker was trying to do there, just put it out or something.

Ooooo. just need one more goal then I've got my 3-1 Arsenal prediction bang on :)

Gervinho could have had two, really hope he scores. RVP with another goal. Great finish!

Gervinho missed a few great chances, but i guess generally his performance was above average :D

Andre Santos was pretty good today, he played quite well defensively.

ohh gervihno . sigh. but always RVP steals the show . bang on 31 goals in 2011. ffs, why isnt he in the ballon odr list. ;(

shame at fifa for omitting rvp of the list for ballon ordr. 31 in 2011, that is epic. who else came to these 30+ figures in a calendar year: ruud van nisteroy, henry, les ferdinand, and Shearer to name a few.

and gotta give credit to walcott, great game with the assist.

and ohh per. had a bad day really. do better next time.

Last edited:
Back