The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
ooo Stats! ;) Still think Koscielny's better though, suppose as an Arsenal fan I would though :)

Perhaps. FWIW, I think they're about on the same level, but they have vastly contrasting styles.

Kaboul has been absolutely immense since his return.

It has become a case of who Kaboul partners for us, rather than Dawson and even King.

Kaboul has been absolutely immense since his return.

It has become a case of who Kaboul partners for us, rather than Dawson and even King.

Dawson? Not playing him is the reason you're playing well! :)

ooo Stats! ;) Still think Koscielny's better though, suppose as an Arsenal fan I would though :)

to us gunners, he's beast, but to the world, he's off the rails (by some margin) :P.

still, kos has been impressive ever since (not to mention the fault in the CC final :@). if he keeps it up, he'll be even better (even better than Merts :P) and possibly trash adil rami place in the french squad XD

to us gunners, he's beast, but to the world, he's off the rails (by some margin) :P.

still, kos has been impressive ever since (not to mention the fault in the CC final :@). if he keeps it up, he'll be even better (even better than Merts :P) and possibly trash adil rami place in the french squad XD

Sorry but Per will never be as good as Koscielny!

Per is as good as a 3rd choice CB that you could find in the PL though :)

Sorry but Per will never be as good as Koscielny!

Per is as good as a 3rd choice CB that you could find in the PL though :)

that what i said. lol. in time Kos and vermalean will be dominating the CB's.

and again Kos and per merts are different :P

[video=youtube;vWWh-4Lt7nE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWWh-4Lt7nE&feature=g-all-a&list=PL54C514A6BACEAA59&context=G291d572FAAAAAAA AWAA[/video]

Gallas yes, but Per is a better defender than the rest imo.

He's been very dodge and the main fault for a lot of your goals, would definately say Dawson is better, the other two are more questionable.

He's been very dodge and the main fault for a lot of your goals, would definately say Dawson is better, the other two are more questionable.

tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png

and no not really.

I would defend him but mr numbers here did a very good job. Kaboul has been a big surprise to me this season and although I don't think Koscielny is 'bad' I'd take Kaboul every day of the week if given the choice.

From what I've seen, he's been at fault, a lot.
You need to see more then.

Only ones he has been directly at fault for were Terry and Lampard @ Chelsea and Morison @ Norwich iirc.

I guess we're watching a different Mertesacker then.

He has been hugely disappointing for me, given I expected him to do well since his move.

Mertesacker hasn't disappointed me, but then again my expectations were low to start with. He's been average. As I suspected, his lack of pace leaves him rather exposed. See the clearance off the line against United, for example: yes, it was a decent clearance, but Welbeck utterly left him for dead on a 50-50 to be able to set up the chance. On the other hand, his defensive and aerial skills should make up for it, but against United he won one tackle and lost the other six. Five of them were in the air, giving him a 0% aerial duel success rating.

Agger is better than all of them, to be fair. FM says so. :S

Back