The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
While he may not be delivering the best peformances we are getting the results to do the minimum of what this club should be doing and getting Top 4. With the current squad we have we cannot expect much higher than 4th and Wenger has done actually rather well I feel to have us where we are. Yes we've gone out of the CL and FA Cup now but right now I think the EPL needs to be the focus. All well and good making a cup run but if we ended 5th or 6th it would be a waste. If we don't get 4th however, I'm not sure what will happen because this club should be no lower than that.

You say about spending some money, I believe it was Winterburn who said in an interview that he knew of one 'big' player who was all but signed but we didn't have the money to do the deal as the Fabregas deal hadn't been done yet. I'd bet big bucks on that player being Mata. People seem to think that we have all this money because of our lack of spending from previous seasons but I really do think it's not like that at all. I don't see why Wenger would let the team get to where we are if he could avoid it which would suggest funds aren't as readily avaliable as the media report it to be.

Philly, it was Mata. Board refused Wenger the funds, as a result Chelsea grabbed him.

What is Wenger supposed to do exactly? I like "sell X and Y and Z and buy this or that" debates as much as everybody, but this is all FM-talk. If board has its own policies and wont give manager proper support, there is very little he can do.

Spurs Next oh joy :(

For the First Time in my life as an Arsenal fan I dont have any belief we will beat Spurs at HOME!

Why cant spurs be poor again ;)

Spurs Next oh joy :(

For the First Time in my life as an Arsenal fan I dont have any belief we will beat Spurs at HOME!

Why cant spurs be poor again ;)

On any given day, anyone can beat anyone.

Re; Benayoun. He is possibly one of your best players, on his day. I remember during the last few months of the '08/09 season and he was actually amazing. He was just outstanding from about February until May. If he gets played, he will have spells were he is very, very good. I'd have him over Walcott any day.

Re; Benayoun. He is possibly one of your best players, on his day. I remember during the last few months of the '08/09 season and he was actually amazing. He was just outstanding from about February until May. If he gets played, he will have spells were he is very, very good. I'd have him over Walcott any day.

Agree with you on that. He is an excellent player. There was a reason why Torres had goalscoring oppurtunities and it was him.

Heskey is a lot more useful than Walcott. If I had to pick either of them for Everton I'd take Heskey any day of the week, and I'm not kidding.

you live by your opinions man. dont indoctrinate me

reporter: would you like to be at arsenal next year
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]wenger: i think its best that we finish this press conference. you have what you want[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]disrespectful reporter!!!. [/FONT]

reporter: would you like to be at arsenal next year
wenger: i think its best that we finish this press conference. you have what you want

disrespectful reporter!!!.

Asking the question that everyone wants to know is hardly disrespectful...

Back