The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
He needs something Mike. The tippy tappy football is not working for them. They need a Pat Viera or a leader with some guts and steel to help them out.

They dont need a hardman, they do need more driven players.

10/1 for Pep. wtf ???

Guss Hiddink is already with Anzhi, cant see that happening. .Not sure about Blanc or Rafa

Well, Van Persie did say they need more driven players like Henry-saying that training is too relaxed and comfortable. Coaching not doing it's job?

Too mollycoddled

I'd defo say so. The crux of the matter for me is that the buck doesn't stop just with Arsene-it goes deeper than that and it's not just the players. Yeah he can be stubborn etc but something stinks behind the scene-and I'm getting the feeling that Arsene is either falling on his sword for the club or he's being hung out to dry. Before long we're going to see some pegmarks.

If Robin leaves I dont blame him.

He's nearly 30 and has won f all with us.

A Footballers main aim is to win trophys.

We wont be doing that for a while :(

If Robin leaves I dont blame him.

He's nearly 30 and has won f all with us.

A Footballers main aim is to win trophys.

We wont be doing that for a while :(

I fully agree. At this rate we probably couldn't even win a Sunday league tournament lol. Robin deserves to play for a worldclass team. All that being said, however, I really really do hope Wenger does something big in the summer transfer window and convinces Robin to stay and sign a new deal.

Robin van Persie should go to Barcelona.. He fits their style.. He can replace Pedro and David Villa is getting old.

With that money Arsenal can buy players all around to improve their depth. They should also sell Theo Walcott before he starts to stop improving.

The reason I want him to leave is because I believe he has grown incapable of providing an acceptable standard of performance. No other top side would stand for the embaressment Arsenal FC has in recent years, yes by all means hold the players accountable but they are Wenger's players. Last summer was a chance for him to spend some money and push us back into contention, but with the arrivals of players like Benayoun, Arteta and Andre Santos replacing Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy it was a major step in the wrong direction. It has shown on the field in my opinion, and after those deals yes, perhaps 4th was the most we could ask for, but considering we are ment to be a "big" club i'd say 4th is a minimum, including atleast quarter/semi final in the FA Cup and Quarter final in the CL, the fact we aren't in a position to deliver this realistically means that i feel Wenger is performing to a below-par level, if this was the case in the normal work place the employee would be sacked. Please take into consideration this isn't just about this season but continued poor performances for the past 2-3 seasons.
While he may not be delivering the best peformances we are getting the results to do the minimum of what this club should be doing and getting Top 4. With the current squad we have we cannot expect much higher than 4th and Wenger has done actually rather well I feel to have us where we are. Yes we've gone out of the CL and FA Cup now but right now I think the EPL needs to be the focus. All well and good making a cup run but if we ended 5th or 6th it would be a waste. If we don't get 4th however, I'm not sure what will happen because this club should be no lower than that.

You say about spending some money, I believe it was Winterburn who said in an interview that he knew of one 'big' player who was all but signed but we didn't have the money to do the deal as the Fabregas deal hadn't been done yet. I'd bet big bucks on that player being Mata. People seem to think that we have all this money because of our lack of spending from previous seasons but I really do think it's not like that at all. I don't see why Wenger would let the team get to where we are if he could avoid it which would suggest funds aren't as readily avaliable as the media report it to be.

I dont see no passion in arsene in oneil i see a manager wanting success helping the players and motivating them and its making the difference, i think that the 4-0 defeat should of made arsene think look we just been battered by milan and again they go loose to sunderland a team which is in form but still arsenal should of won.

that son of a *****

the first on to be kick out of the club in any way. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Hes a arrogant lad, i remember watching an interview about him saying how he wants to be the best player and how he never gets games and is one of the best players at arsenal..

But at least he's enjoying his time at the wearside

What is he supposed to say there? So gutted for Arsenal really hoped the club that don't really want me had won tonight? Benayoun did similar after we beat Chelsea, it's the club they are playing for.

A lot more fans that normal seem to be turning against Wenger now.. Genuinely starting to think he could go by the end of the season, although I have NO clue who could even come close to taking over and looking right in the Arsenal hotseat with this current squad and state.

If he left before seasons end it would cause more problems than it solved.

A lot more fans that normal seem to be turning against Wenger now.. Genuinely starting to think he could go by the end of the season, although I have NO clue who could even come close to taking over and looking right in the Arsenal hotseat with this current squad and state.
expectations are very high, big signing's are needed.

If he left before seasons end it would cause more problems than it solved.

Totally agree, but it's becoming increasingly likely IMO. He's not used to having this many fans against him. Don't think he'll survive the end of March personally. The 7-1 turned a lot of fickle fans back into his side but this 6-0 (aggregate) loss over the last two games and shunned a lot of them + more back to the anti-Wenger team.

I fully agree. At this rate we probably couldn't even win a Sunday league tournament lol. Robin deserves to play for a worldclass team. All that being said, however, I really really do hope Wenger does something big in the summer transfer window and convinces Robin to stay and sign a new deal.

I hope so as well. If we don't finish 4th I wouldn't be shocked if Van Persie left, he won't get anything at Arsenal and unless Wenger does a huge overhaul by getting rid of Squillaci etc. and bring in good players I don't see anything else keeping Van Persie at Arsenal. Loyalty has its extent.

But Ramsey is just poor, Arshavin would do a better job in that CAM role.

Back