The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
You know what, just quit being an arsenal fan. fans like you are the worst ones i've seen.

and that's a ***** slap for you hibs fan.

I dont feel like arguing with you, it's blatantly obvious to see your short-comings anyway without me continuing to highlight them. I've never claimed i'm not supporting Arsenal, just that im getting sick of performances being so terrible, if you failed exam's at school, or didn't meet your target's at work, your teacher/boss isn't gonna shower you in praise are they? No, they will tell you it as it is, and the way it is, is that Arsenal are shockingly bad at the moment.

Our team is apalling.

Would love a new Manager as I think Arsene as had his time as these are all his players.

Wouldn't Mind Moyes here in the summer tbh

Our team is apalling.

Would love a new Manager as I think Arsene as had his time as these are all his players.

Wouldn't Mind Moyes here in the summer tbh

Have you not heard the latest? Wolves want Moyes

Have you not heard the latest? Wolves want Moyes
I don't think that will happen, Everton are showing some good form ATM, it will be a step up from Everton when Moyes leaves, not down to Wolves.

Arteta is been really poor these past games.

Not living up to his 10M pricetag

I don't think that will happen, Everton are showing some good form ATM, it will be a step up from Everton when Moyes leaves, not down to Wolves.

Exactly. Especially when we have a mathematical posibility of reaching Europe, have great players whereas Wolves are pretty much looking like relegation material. The story doesn't worry me the slightest. He obviously will leave at some point-all managers do. And where-ever he goes be it Spurs, Man Utd-even Arsenal he'll do a dam good job.

Unlucky Chambo. :(

Its Gameover now. what MON has done with Sunderland is just superb ever since day 1.

Arteta is been really poor these past games.

Not living up to his 10M pricetag
Arteta never warranted a 10m price tag. Distinctly average midfielder, who pops up with the odd exceptional performance.

The next three games are really going to define wether you are in contention for fourth spot now. They need to pick themselves up now massively.

Arteta never warranted a 10m price tag. Distinctly average midfielder, who pops up with the odd exceptional performance.

Tbh Wenger panicked buyed after loosing Cesc and Nasri ln late august

Arteta, Mertesacker, Benayoun. ALL panic buys.

I have to say I take no pleasure seeing Arsenal falter like this. It's not just Wengers fault-it goes as far down as the coaching staff too imo. And like mentioned before, if Wengers targets are being vetoed by the board what is he supposed to do? I have nothing but the utmost respect for Wenger and Arsenal (except Arshavin), and seeing this is just....sad tbh. Have a feeling we won't be seeing him next season. Think the board will stick with him til the end of this season and I hope so. There's still 15 games to go (I think) so anything can happen.

Arsene deserves to try and turn it around. If it wasn't for him you wouldn't be in a position to be complaining about underachieving, and he has been heavily shackled financially. The stadium debt should be almost up by now, and he's put you in a position to be one of the most financially prepared for FFP.

Wenger wont resign.

The Board wont sack him.

He is here to his contract runs out :(

The only way Arsenal are going to turn this around is if the board release the funds to give to Wenger. They need to stop players running their contracts down as well and then trying to negotiate when they only have a year remaining. Dont forget this time last year they were in contention for 4 trophies now they are on the brink of going 7 seasons without any silverware unless they can get something out of this match. Wenger also needs to overhaul his philosophy of trying to play like Barcelona and add some steel into his side.

Nothing wrong with trying to play like Barcelona. Adding "steel" doesnt prevent that

Not at all, Arteta has been one of the few good players, performing that quietly effect deep passer role, excellent defensively as well. Only RVP has created more chances this season for Arsenal. Sadly RVP aside, no one else can finish

Last edited:
Not at all, Arteta has been one of the few good players, performing that quietly effect deep passer role

In a way a bit like Carrick. Does what he has to quietly and efficiently. Sometimes not many people notice it.

Nothing wrong with trying to play like Barcelona. Adding "steel" doesnt prevent that

He needs something Mike. The tippy tappy football is not working for them. They need a Pat Viera or a leader with some guts and steel to help them out.

Best we wait for the summer for some change, and bring in new players mainly. Im sure our stadium debt is about to be gone, so surly more money must be there, and thus we can compete against other to sign like Hazard or Gozte. plus we can extend our stricken wage bill too.

But today, i felt that the players let the manager down in some aspects. Bad week for the club as a whole.

Back