The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
sad to see arshavin go, but its beneficial for him to get some form, especially with the Euros 2012 in the summer.

What about Ibrahim Affelay? Frozen out at Barca and might want to leave for first team football... No? Depends on CL qualification ofcourse...

Actually Affelay would be a great option since he's behind Sanchez, Pedro and Villa when he's back from injury. Pretty bullshit as he's a quality player. Doubt Barca would sell unless he made it clear he wanted to leave though.

Actually Affelay would be a great option since he's behind Sanchez, Pedro and Villa when he's back from injury. Pretty bullshit as he's a quality player. Doubt Barca would sell unless he made it clear he wanted to leave though.

Don't forget Cuenca also. It would be good move for Barca and for him.

408801_10151335351235254_137355050253_23309768_2086468759_n.jpg

North London is RED.

[video=vimeo;37479384]http://vimeo.com/37479384[/video]

Brilliant video <3

5-2 just shows how inconsistent Arsenal are. We show good football against Tottenham but we're a complete different team against Sunderland.

******* EPL rights bastards getting that video taken down, was absolutely brilliant.

Back on topic, we need to have a strong showing against Liverpool. As long as we can keep Suarez quiet I think we're sorted. Gerrard doesn't have the legs he used to.

Has there been any news on Vermaelen and Rosicky injuries? Noticed from Wenger's aftergame comment that Vermaelen has ankle and Rosicky back problems.

not much, but Wenger said they might be out for 2 upcoming games, Liverpool and Milan.

All jokes aside, is it just me or Szczesny hasn't been so great lately. Granted, defense isn't exactly rock solid these days, but he rarely makes truly exceptional save anymore. What looks like it will go in, goes in.

Has there been any news on Vermaelen and Rosicky injuries? Noticed from Wenger's aftergame comment that Vermaelen has ankle and Rosicky back problems.
Saw on twitter that Vermaelen had reported to Belgium training and Rosicky had been pulled from the Czech squad.

As I said though, it was twitter so it's not confirmed.

talk about passionate fans, i think we have contender

[video=youtube;VOqdBBwbwxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOqdBBwbwxE&feature=related[/video]

All jokes aside, is it just me or Szczesny hasn't been so great lately. Granted, defense isn't exactly rock solid these days, but he rarely makes truly exceptional save anymore. What looks like it will go in, goes in.

I've thought that too. Well he doesn't have much competition for that GK spot so that might also be factor. I wonder who Wenger is going to sign on summer cos Almunia's contract is up and also if I'm right so is Fabianski's and Mannone's.

Rene Adler is available on free this summer. Other than him I can't think anyone else than Yann Sommer or Samir Handanovic.

I've thought that too. Well he doesn't have much competition for that GK spot so that might also be factor. I wonder who Wenger is going to sign on summer cos Almunia's contract is up and also if I'm right so is Fabianski's and Mannone's.

Rene Adler is available on free this summer. Other than him I can't think anyone else than Yann Sommer or Samir Handanovic.

Tim Wiese is also available on a free, and he's a former teammate of Mertesacker's. Wouldn't be a bad shout.

Tbh, Fabianski was good in the Sunderland game, Wenger probably will renew his contract. And we'll probably promote another youngster like Damian Martinez. But yeah I agree, Szczesny needs more competition, he's just being average now.

Back