The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I'd be very pleased with Podolski more than Giroud if I'm honest. Podolski would be a better fit for our style. As for his homesickness, I think he's grown older and hence mature as Quasit mentioned above. I don't think that would be an issue. The other thing with Podolski is his versatility. He can play as a left winger as he does for Germany, a support striker, or a line-leading striker, and he is good on the ball i.e. just the man to complement van Persie.

I'm unsure over Podolski in general now as I've not seen him in ages but I used to rate him quite highly. If he could do well for any team I would say Arsenal would be one of the top picks for me

Okay, so let's say we get Lukas and we keep RVP.

Where does Lukas fit in?

Wenger isn't going to play with 2 strikers very often. So do we put Lukas on the left?

Then what of Gervinho and Chambo? Those are some talented players to be sitting on the bench.

Most likely he would start on the left I'm guessing but there is also the possibility of playing him in a role similar to Rafael van Der Vaart at Spurs i.e. just off of van Persie. That would probably mean Aaron Ramsey's spot in the team would be taken up. Either way, though, it's better to have good competition for places within the squad. That way some of the slackers are forced to work harder as well.

And we get to actually rotate a little, rather than rely on our top 5-6 best players to get things done.

I will believe this deal when I see it confirmed though, I have seen too many Arsenal transfers fall through at the last minute.

Where does Lukas fit in?

Wenger isn't going to play with 2 strikers very often. So do we put Lukas on the left?

Then what of Gervinho and Chambo? Those are some talented players to be sitting on the bench.

Put him on the right and get rid of Wankott!

Where does Lukas fit in?

We play lots of games, we'll rotate it. eg. we have 3 games in about 10 days. We can't just have the same players every match, they won't be able to give 100% so strength on the bench would help.
Gervingo, Chamberlain rotate the left with Poldolski and Walcott on the right.

Nothing wrong with having talent on the bench. With the amount of games we play they would all get plenty of gametime.

Depending who we are playing would depend who starts, for example against a team like Stoke who will defend deep Walcott probably wouldn't start so Chamberlain would start there but against someone like Tottenham who will attack Walcott will start.

Plus more important, he's good -now-. Ryo looks great, but is still young, same as Chamberlain. Gervinho is in his first season and is adapting, and Walcott is working on his all round game. It would be a break with Wenger's philosophy, but perhaps RVP holding back his signature until new players are signed is part of this move.

Plus more important, he's good -now-. Ryo looks great, but is still young, same as Chamberlain. Gervinho is in his first season and is adapting, and Walcott is working on his all round game. It would be a break with Wenger's philosophy, but perhaps RVP holding back his signature until new players are signed is part of this move.

Yeah RVP will probably go if we don't sign players or show we want to win trophies.

Really pleased to see Diaby back fit and in the squad for Liverpool. Hopefully his travels to America and Dubai have halted his horror injury run because if he could put together a good run of game he could be a big help to getting top 4.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Song, Walcott, Rosicky, Benayoun, van Persie.
Subs: Fabianski, Diaby, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jenkinson, Gervinho, Chamakh, Miquel.

Liverpool: Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Carragher, Jose Enrique, Spearing, Kuyt, Henderson, Adam, Downing, Suarez.
Subs: Doni, Carroll, Maxi, Coates, Shelvey, Flanagan, Bellamy.

Diaby comes back and plays for about 30 min and from the looks of it he played so well. I don't know why he was subbed off. If it's tactical, fair play Wenger. If it's an injury, then that's typical Diaby.

Back