The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Yeah, one can't even say he's biased, he's just ****. Gave a non-existant foul and after the free kick he gave a goal kick instead of a corner.

Also at the start of the game gives yellow for every foul then Mexes did pretty bad on TV5 and gives none...

**** of a show by Arsenal to fight for the 3-0 win. Gutted for them. Just ran out of steam at the end. On that performance, Milan will not win the CL. But again, well done Arsenal. May be out but by god did they put up a **** of a fight.

Game of 2 halves or what? Arsenal best half they've played all season, then did **** all 2nd half. Walcott was awful didn't even try to take on that terrible right back.

Well, game over. Result may look harsh on Arsenal but their performance in Milan was god awful. They have, however, shown that they are still capable of beating anyone on their day and can take a lot of positives from this performance.

take the positives from this performance but it the real Arsenal were shown up in Milan. Still have a lot to learn and improvements to be made

Lets just keep this up and we will finish 3rd.

Man of the Match definately the OX. Dominated before his injury.

Gutted to go out but proud of the performance. Was going to be tough to keep up the tempo for the 90 and the injuries to Walcott or Ox didn't help. Result will keep up the momentum we have been buliding up of late which will be important in the race for 3rd.

Glad Milan are through tbh, hope they make it far.

Arsenal did well, though.

Can't complain about that performance. They gave it everything but burned themselves out in the second half. Better to go out fighting than with humiliation.

Had Chamberlain been able to play the second 45 minutes the same pace he played the first I reckon Arsenal would have ran out 5-0 maybe 6-0 winners, but something was holding him back (fatigue, a slight knock) and eventually he had to be subbed. Our lack of cover in midfield at present showed the as Wenger was forced to bring on a striker, this left the midfield stretched (song dropping deep with Rosicky pushing up to try for the 4th) so Milan won every ball in that area. In the end we ran our of ideas. I can't praise Chamberlain enough, he's far more mature than his age, can dribble pass and gets back well, our signing of the season in my eyes. The Ox for England.

I gotta be honest, and I think I speak for the majority of football fans and maybe a portion of Arsenal fans when I say...I really couldn't see Arsenal even getting a sniff tonight, I thought Milan would just be too strong for them like the first leg was, what a few weeks against Spurs & Liverpool can do eh?

The performance from Arsenal was brilliant, they done everything right in the first half. The second half, I felt they could have played a bit better, they were too direct but I can't fault them. They were just really unlucky and on another night they could have been 4 or 5-0 up at half time. That RVP miss will go down in history, I can assure you that. he could have done anything, smashed it in, passed it in, anything...BUT CHIP right into the keepers hands.

Alot of Gooners may feel pain. Don't. You can hold your heads up high, ALOT of teams would have folded and not even turnt up before the game. To go out there in front of 60,000 people and also the world and show them how much bottle and character you have from 4-0 down and to turn it around to 4-3, deserves a round of applause on its own. But for sheer determination, Arsenal have my respect. With performances from the past couple of weeks, you WILL get 4th place, maybe even 3rd and Silverware will come soon.

Unlucky Gooners. However, VERY, very, well played.

but something was holding him back (fatigue, a slight knock) and eventually he had to be subbed.
Wenger just said that he had been suffering from a flu of late so would of been fatigued from that plus he did something to his hamstring early in the second which pretty much took him out of the game. Unfortunate.

And in some very good news:
Germangunners@GermangunnersMertesacker confirms on German tv that Poldi has contacted him over the contract and he his close to join

Wenger just said that he had been suffering from a flu of late so would of been fatigued from that plus he did something to his hamstring early in the second which pretty much took him out of the game. Unfortunate.

Germangunners@GermangunnersMertesacker confirms on German tv that Poldi has contacted him over the contract and he his close to join

Culann Davies ‏ @CWDComps
According to @SanBorussia Mertesacker didn't say Podolski is 'close to signing' just that they are in contact and he'd fit in well here

Podolski would be a massive step in the right direction, not only that but rumours linking us to the likes of Ribery (or Robben, I get the two mixed up) would really show we mean business, we are in pole position to take that last CL spot, and if we do the summer could be HUGE for us.

Podolski would be a massive step in the right direction, not only that but rumours linking us to the likes of Ribery (or Robben, I get the two mixed up) would really show we mean business, we are in pole position to take that last CL spot, and if we do the summer could be HUGE for us.

It's Robben. And I agree that he would be huge for us especially if Götze decides to stay in Dortmund for another year.

Dont want Robben, injury prone and would want losts of £££££

Robben is getting old and of form and this is from a bayern fan. Robben will just get injured.

Back