The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
"Gervinho is distraught at Arsenal's Champions League exit. He's got his head in his, Walcott, Van Persie, and Wenger's hands."

Hehe.

And yeah, great showing. Robben can **** off, we don't need more injury prone players. Good news with Podolski is he's pretty clinical, exactly what we need.

Wenger: "I hope Mertesacker and Podolski are good friends, they are in a difficult group in the Euros." #afc

I feel for Robben. Such a class player who has been tormented with injuries. It was bound to have an effect on his form eventually. Arsenal do not need another player like that.

Would love to see Podolski as long as he takes his form of the past two seasons with him. Will add the much needed depth.

421689_369701466393567_139411852755864_1201198_1523470196_n.jpg

i feel for him :(

64610_387580797938002_100000582550304_1404785_1379661801_n.jpg

Arsenal played well, good win for them. First half Milan did not look arsed about pressing them and Arsenal did well with their chances. Does Ibra know the offside rule....?

Don't want Robben either. Podolski + Gotze or Hazard.

Yeah, I mean, it's not like other clubs will be chasing Gotze or Hazard.. Besides, can you honestly see Wenger spending £40m+ on a player?

Wont be 40 million. Even Fabregas didn't cost that much... And yes, Wenger is interested in those 2 youngsters. I believe it's possible.

Wont be 40 million. Even Fabregas didn't cost that much... And yes, Wenger is interested in those 2 youngsters. I believe it's possible.

Wenger spending over 25m on player? Not likely. Spending over 50 on two players? Impossible.

Also those two cant be compared to Fabregas because everyone knew he'd go only to Barcelona. No other team bothered to bid for him and no bidding war ensued. This two will gather interest from every top team in europe so prices might rise.

Wenger spending over 25m on player? Not likely. Spending over 50 on two players? Impossible.

I said Hazard OR Gotze. So it's only one of them. And one year ago the asking price for Hazard was about 25 million, so why not?

I said Hazard OR Gotze. So it's only one of them. And one year ago the asking price for Hazard was about 25 million, so why not?

Yes year ago. With every top club in europe after them prices will rise.

This means that 25m price is very unlikely. And you need to add contract fee's on that and other expenses. Also add expenses of the likely Podolski transfer to that and you are on 35m + extras. All the while our war chest isn't even 50m and we need to negotiate contracts for our current players.

Am i the only one who thinks Podolski is an average signing?? Podolski has made his name at International level not club level and when given his big move to Bayern he failed to hit the hights.

He hit the hights at bayern he only left because jurgen klinsman is a good for nothing idiot. He tried to sell schweinsteiger aswell. The reason why he would be a bad signing for bayern is that he is extremely loyal and will ask for high wages.

Am i the only one who thinks Podolski is an average signing?? Podolski has made his name at International level not club level and when given his big move to Bayern he failed to hit the hights.

Well he has definitely found his some form over the past two seasons. Has a good goal record this season especially so I guess he deserves a second chance. We really need some depth so it could be a good signing if he brings his form to England.

Wenger will not pay over 20 mil for one player, its not in his blood.

Not because it's not in his blood, but because board won't like it. They are more happy when he finds young prospects for half that price.

Not because it's not in his blood, but because board won't like it. They are more happy when he finds young prospects for half that price.

o cmon please. Arsenal have money for like 10 Hazards. The board will give him the money if he wants to use it. But he WONT. the board will have to understand that (btw nothing wrong with him not spending a lot) someday you have to break the bank and sign some stars if you want to compete with Barca Real United. You cant just create stars and sell them (Fabregas, Flamini etc). Even Barca with their fantastic La Masia buy some explensive players, ironically one of them was Henry, but thats a different story.

btw whats your most expensive buy since wenger came?

Arshavin for about £20 mill i think

If you bought him for 20 or let alone more, lord, you NEED to give Lille 30 without a doubt. Since Arshavins 4 goals against pool, hes shown nothing special.

Back