The Arsenal Thread

[video=youtube;D3drHiaorug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=D3drHiaorug&annotation_id=annotation_159808[/video]

[video=youtube;G0MKBaLMcFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0MKBaLMcFI#t=10m16s[/video]

Yeah Joss i saw it

i also saw him clattering into Obertan in the first half ;)

Ha - And Aliadiere blatantly brought down by Ben Amos and oddly flagged offside after a backpass ;)

Not sure about Vermaelen against united, **** of a game to come back into, could be risky

so will Aliadiere re-sign for us?

hope not :(

No.

We're helping him get fit so he can find a new club - our training facilities are excellent and he's been signed up to the Reserve league but there's no suggestion that he will resign for the First Team.

I'd save Verminator for next season. Maybe couple games as sub against Villa and Fulham, but most definately not against Stoke.

Well Walcott isn't an LF? Not necessarily back-up. Would rather have Nasri and Walcott competing for RF and Arshavin + someone else (not Nasri, he's far better on the right) competing for LF.

I didn't mean Walcott was a left forward, but I meant he or Nasri would have to be dropped to accomodate a new left forward should you sign a quality one. IMO, Walcott is key to the future of Arsenal and England, and I wouldn't want to see him dropped. Nasri has had a very good season but I think his versatility will mean that he will continually be pushed out onto the left wing, which probably isn't his natural position.

It will be difficult to find a player of the quality required that will be willing to sit out a large number of games, players like Park Ji Sung are hard to come by. I can see Arshavin wanting a move too if he doesn't get enough football.

This cracks me up no end - if anyone's had a **** day...

Wenger's e-mail inbox during the transfer windows: http://bit.ly/inrroV

---------- Post added 30/04/2011 at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was 29/04/2011 at 11:46 PM ----------

We'll be doing a collaboration with fm-base's very own Mike. (madhseep2001) for the Manchester United article tomorrow so no excuses for not reading and commenting!

Sagna Great Interview

BACARY SAGNA has admitted he is embarrassed by Arsenal's failure to win a trophy in six years.

And the Arsenal defender has apologised to the Gunners fans who have seen their side fade in four competitions to ensure another season without silverware.

Sagna also admitted there is nothing any of the players can do to persuade captain Cesc Fabregas to stay if he decides to move on.

Sagna has been a constant part of the team that will end the season trophyless for the sixth year.

And he concedes that it is not just a disappointment but an embarrassment that such a talented squad has not come close to fulfilling its potential.

He said: "It's embarrassing to be part of a team that hasn't won a trophy for six years. We failed. It's not the manager's fault, it's the players.

"Some people say Arsene Wenger's not doing well, but he doesn't play. Everyone was sad at Bolton. We have to be stronger in battle, that's what we said after the game last Sunday.

"We know we are not a bad team. We have the quality to finish first, but we lost. This is the fault of the players - we have failed.

"We have to say sorry to the fans and to the manager because they have supported us all season.

"People say we are young and we are babies, but I am 28 - I want to be winning trophies. A lot of players around the world would like to play for Arsenal - but we have to learn to finish first. We are operating at 85 per cent of our potential."

Sagna insisted that everyone in the Gunners dressing room needs to show leadership qualities and revealed that the players have had several clear-the-air meetings.

It hurts me when we concede silly goals or make stupid mistakes. I play in that defence and I take the criticism we get personally
They have crumbled at key points of the season but Sagna insisted they are finally ready to have their say.

He added: "We will all sit down and talk together at the end of the season, but for now we have to give the maximum and concentrate on United.

"We have had other meetings during the season. It's the best way to make changes and be successful.

"Sometimes you have to stand up and be harsh, to accept criticism from other players in the team and be heard.

"We need to be more than just leaders. We have to talk more, if something needs to be said it must be said.

"We've had so many chances to catch United and we haven't been able to do it.

"On our day we can beat anyone, including Barcelona, and they are the best team in the world. We need to be more wise, to be consistent and play the same way for 38 matches in the Premier League.

"We have drawn too many games at home and lost too many. Drawing at Newcastle after being 4-0 up was stupid, really stupid. We have to learn."

Being part of a back four that has taken so much criticism over the season as Arsenal threw away game after game sticks in Sagna's craw. But he accepts the defence only have themselves to blame for the stick they've received.

"I'm disappointed with the way the season's finished because we have a great team and a lot of potential," he said.

"When you drop stupid points in games we have a right to feel angry about it. I'm part of that defence and it hurts me when we concede silly goals or make stupid mistakes.

"I play in that defence and I take the criticism we get personally.

"I'm quite upset about it but it makes me more hungry and to be harsher with myself and more focused. It makes me angry that we haven't won a trophy this season, but the best way to change that is to win on the pitch."

Uncertain future... Fabregas
Yet another season without silverware has led to rumours Cesc Fabregas will quit the Emirates in search of the success he craves.

And Sagna knows there is nothing any of the players can do to convince their skipper to stay if he decides to walk away.

"Something will happen with Cesc - he will either stay or he will go, but the players can't really affect that.

"I'll understand if Cesc leaves.

"He has been here at Arsenal for a long time and he wants to win trophies.

"As professionals, we want to be successful and want to win cups and titles, but we haven't won a thing for six years."

But while Fabregas's future is uncertain, Sagna has given his backing to Wenger - even in the face of Arsenal fans demanding a change at the top.

He said: "The supporters want us to win trophies and no one wants to win trophies more than Arsene Wenger.

"He puts his trust in us, but we're the ones who make the mistakes on the pitch.

"We are all looking to win trophies, we all want it. Arsene Wenger wants it as much as us. He's a great manager. We have so many talented players. Samir Nasri should be player of the season and we need him to sign a new contract and stay.

"Wojciech Szczesny is a great player. It doesn't matter that he is a young goalkeeper.

"Everyone in the team has made mistakes. I'm an experienced player and have made mistakes. Even the best players in the world make mistakes, but we have to prove we can learn from them as a team."

The fact Sagna's admission of Arsenal's faults comes on the day champions-elect Manchester United arrive at the Emirates underlines just how badly the Gunners season has fallen away.

They blew the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup and Carling Cup inside three disastrous months. Last weekend's defeat at Bolton left them nine points behind United with four games left in the Premier League.

And that means mere pride is the only thing on offer against United this afternoon, a point that truly hurt Sagna.

He explained: "The best response today will be to beat Manchester United. Nobody in our team is scared of United. You have to be proud to wear the Arsenal shirt because the supporters are proud to support us."

Arsenal's season began to fall apart when they were beaten by Birmingham in the Carling Cup in February.

United dumped them out of the FA Cup and they were well short of the class required to beat Barcelona in the Champions League first knockout stage.

Yet from the wreckage of the campaign, Sagna can glimpse a glimmer of hope at the Emirates despite increasing pressure on Wenger to make changes.

When we win the first trophy, winning others will be easier. We know the fans are disappointed with us, but they have to stay with us
He said: "Despite the results at times, it's been a great year for some players. Jack Wilshere has established himself in the team and is also playing for his country.

"It's good for him to come through the academy, he's a young player in a difficult season.

"He's not scared to face up to the game and he's been great for the team."

Wilshere will play against United as Arsenal look to salvage something from their season. The midfielder is one of a number of outstanding talents at the club, but Wenger has to find a way to turn them into champions.

Sagna added: "Wenger is the man who brought us together and he puts the team first. We trust him and that's important. We have made mistakes, but we are not far away.

"When we win the first trophy, winning others will be easier. We know the fans are disappointed with us, but they have to stay with us."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/not...ry-to-fans-says-embarrassed-Bacary-Sagna.html
Bacary Sagna (3) - Page 22 - Online Arsenal Forums

This cracks me up no end - if anyone's had a **** day...

Wenger's e-mail inbox during the transfer windows: http://bit.ly/inrroV

---------- Post added 30/04/2011 at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was 29/04/2011 at 11:46 PM ----------

We'll be doing a collaboration with fm-base's very own Mike. (madhseep2001) for the Manchester United article tomorrow so no excuses for not reading and commenting!

I like the "**** you, son of a *****" or something like that from 'William Gallas' mail.

And hope you win tomorrow - should spice things up.

I know its a massive long shot but "come the **** on Arsenal"!!!!

I'll go 1-1 RVP to score first, 35/1, thanks.

I'll get in there first with:

******* yes. Don't care who wins the league but couldn't have asked for a better peformance - it's all I wanted, really. A determined performance to salvage some pride in the season - despite our ****** home form, we've beaten both Chelsea and Utd at home to overcome that inability to do it previously.

We have to bear in mind that Chelsea were completely out of form (though we battered them anyway!) and Utd have been v poor away from home but I always think there's a mental block for these players when playing Man U or Chelsea. They don't go into thinking "we can win" but more about their form against them.

Now that's been overcome, I can see us beating them both again next season.

Aaron Ramsey deserves that goal more than anyone else. Not just for his performance today but for his last 12 months.

Szczesny is our future Gk. probably AW wont go for a gk this summer, but possibly some experienced players

Pahaha - SAF on the Owen pen shout: "It's a clear penalty kick [...] we're not going to get a decision like that in big games [...] we never seem to get decisions in big games".

He does concede that Vida (Vidic, not sure why he says it like that!) flicked the ball with his hand but seems to suggest that they had more right to a penalty because Clichy's foul was more obvious. The other one still happened!

Owen was v gracious on twitter to be fair:

"Not seen tv replay but don't need to as I know mine was a pen. Heard people saying Arsenal should of had one too so can't complain too much."

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

I love Sagna:

tumblr_lij916MyCR1qgixmdo1_r1_1280.jpg