The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Good signing, would've liked Diame as well to sure up the DM spot, but a LB was quite vital.

We were going to sign Monreal in the summer according to reports, he doesn't speak much English but is taking English lessons for the move in the summer but due to Gibbs injury we pushed the deal forward.

To be fair, the way the side has been playing recently I don't think speaking Spanish is going to be a problem for him. Nobody talks to each other anyway by the look of it.

[h=1]Na Na Na Na. Na Na Na Na. Hey Hey Hey. Goodbye Andre Santos........we won't miss you at all. :D So delighted that we've signed Monreal. [/h]

one problem

Cup Tied

Santos VS. Robben/Lahm

unless we go Verm on the left with Kos and Mert in middle

one problem

Cup Tied

Santos VS. Robben/Lahm

unless we go Verm on the left with Kos and Mert in middle

It has to be Vermaelen on left. Now only hope that either he or Kos/Mert wont get injured in meantime. Oh yea we are playing Stoke next...

I'd rather play Meade on left than Santos.

Glad we at least someone in this window, at least for a vital position with Gibbs out for 6 weeks. Still though, we should have signed a DM (diame or someone) or a Striker (Villa). 1 or 2 important positions.

oooo that sweet cross ! :P

[video=youtube;YaZynxRiJzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaZynxRiJzg[/video]

Some were talking about a 30m pound bid for someone. Not Villa as Barcelona rejected our approach pretty early and as Wenger said deal for Villa was dead.

It's pretty obvious it was for David Villa, Wenger wouldn't spend 30m in the January transfer window. We couldn't have been "close" to Diame either as West Ham had no choice in negotiations. David Villa wanted the move, Barca didn't. I love the Barca team but their boardroom are horrible. Cesc wanted to leave for Barca so we let him, when Villa wants to leave for Arsenal they say no way.

It's pretty obvious it was for David Villa, Wenger wouldn't spend 30m in the January transfer window. We couldn't have been "close" to Diame either as West Ham had no choice in negotiations. David Villa wanted the move, Barca didn't. I love the Barca team but their boardroom are horrible. Cesc wanted to leave for Barca so we let him, when Villa wants to leave for Arsenal they say no way.

30m bid wasn't placed in deadline day if it's true, but close to start of window.

Still stupid move by Barcelona as they wont be getting same amount in summer unless they sell to City who though will be hunting for Cavani/Falcao most likely.

His value will definitely decrease in the summer. Personally I don't see us moving for him in the summer either. We likely will go after Stevan Jovetic. I find it really hard to understand how not a single team activated Diame's release clause. It's a bit like Demba Ba's from a year ago. He was linked with almost everyone in January and over the summer and a move never materialized. Hopefully with this squad we can get top 4 but something still needs to change at the back.

His value will definitely decrease in the summer. Personally I don't see us moving for him in the summer either. We likely will go after Stevan Jovetic. I find it really hard to understand how not a single team activated Diame's release clause. It's a bit like Demba Ba's from a year ago. He was linked with almost everyone in January and over the summer and a move never materialized. Hopefully with this squad we can get top 4 but something still needs to change at the back.

I hope we go for Jovetic, but there will be massive fight for his signature then and our chances of signing him are slim.

I really think Diame's release clause wasn't that 3,5m as was reported, but much higher.

Also Capoue's agent confirmed he was the 2nd player we were after. Toulouse just demanded 14m for him which is too much. We will likely be after him again in summer when his asking price will be lower as they will have time to look for replacement. After losing Sissoko they weren't prepared to lose Capoue as well unless someone paid massively over the value.

Not sure about a massive fight for his signature, you gotta think the big spending clubs (Chelsea, City) will go for Cavani or Falcao. Surely we can compete with Spurs if they decide to show interest in him which is almost a must since we will no doubt show interest in him. Juventus already signed Llorente so they won't need him. Who else could be in for him?

Not sure about a massive fight for his signature, you gotta think the big spending clubs (Chelsea, City) will go for Cavani or Falcao. Surely we can compete with Spurs if they decide to show interest in him which is almost a must since we will no doubt show interest in him. Juventus already signed Llorente so they won't need him. Who else could be in for him?

Juventus are a massive admirers. Currently best club in Italy look to be getting another scudetto. Doing quite well in CL. Also Jovetic said sometime ago that he likes Italy and doesn't want to leave. I doubt Spurs will be after him as I see them going for Damiao again.

They've gone after Damiao for each of the last 3 transfer windows and each time ended up looking silly in the end. They can't afford him and pretty much are just wasting Internacional's time.

I think Internacional president said that they wont sell him now, but might in summer if good offer comes in. Also they were in for Hooper and submitted enquire, but Celtic didn't want to sell.

Back