The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Hahaha that is quality what happened there?

Owen didn't like Arteta's challenge ( which was just good one ) and hit Arteta in back while he was walking off. Jack didn't like that.

Monreal had really good debut. Even went head to head against Orc and got out of it without a scratch.

then comes the main question, who'll start first, gibbs (when he's fully back and fit) or monreal. heard monreal can also play LW , true ?

then comes the main question, who'll start first, gibbs (when he's fully back and fit) or monreal. heard monreal can also play LW , true ?

Both of them can play as wide midfielder actually. Will be seen in coming weeks, but I think Monreal is better defender at the moment. I think Gibbs is still considered 1st choice, but things can change if Nacho-man does well which I think he will.

Pulis: "What they've spent [Arsenal] & what we've spent and where they've come from and where we've come from, it's not a level playing field"Um, ok?

I get the feeling that Monreal might be preferred for the bigger games against bigger opposition where defending is important. Gibbs, on the other hand, is excellent going forward and he's exactly the type of player you want providing width and crosses down the left in games against teams like Southampton and Reading, no offense to either team. Happy with the three points and especially with Chelsea and Everton dropping points above us. Good start to the month. :)

They've been in the Premier League how long? Seriously comments like those are what you expect to hear out of newly promoted teams not teams that have been in the Prem for 5+ seasons in a row.

Monreal signing is good for Arsenal as it adds a lot of depth.

By signing Monreal, it's essentially like we signed Gibbs all over again as now he can be played as left winger. Imagine Gibbs and Walcott on both wings! Certainly a possibility if the matchups favor it.

Gibbs over Podolski on the left? I don't see it happening.

I doubt he ment over Podolski, but option is there to use Gibbs there also if needed. Would be quite good defensively + amazing pace on both wings.

Now we have 3 good LB's if needed: Monreal, Gibbs and Vermaelen as backup.

Gibbs over Podolski on the left? I don't see it happening.

As quasit mentioned, behind Pods.

Could play something like this one day

--gibbs----Pods----Theo

If Giroud were injured.

So many plug and play options in our squad now.

So I got a question, what would you guys do with Gervinho? He has played well in the ACON. I personally would like to see him given another chance but mainly as a sub.

So I got a question, what would you guys do with Gervinho? He has played well in the ACON. I personally would like to see him given another chance but mainly as a sub.

With lots of games coming there's still use for him. We just need to install new brain in him.

You'd be surpirsed if you look at how much Pulis has actually spent over the years. He hasn't spent as little as he is making out!

You'd be surpirsed if you look at how much Pulis has actually spent over the years. He hasn't spent as little as he is making out!

I actually checked that out. Still his net spend is quite much bigger than ours. 7th largest in league in fact. Big difference between Stoke and other teams is that Stoke doesn't sell much. Since 03 Incoming about 93mil outgoing 15,5mil.

With lots of games coming there's still use for him. We just need to install new brain in him.

Gotta make use of him considering how much he cost. He seems to have a massive confidence issue right now which needs solving, but with the form we're going to need he's going to have to outperform the much more experienced Podolski who is a lot more clinical. Still, if we lose anyone to injury I suppose he'll have to play.

Gotta make use of him considering how much he cost. He seems to have a massive confidence issue right now which needs solving, but with the form we're going to need he's going to have to outperform the much more experienced Podolski who is a lot more clinical. Still, if we lose anyone to injury I suppose he'll have to play.

And so far he has done rather well from what I've heard in ACoN so hopefully he'll keep that up and not **** up like last year so we get him back full of confidence.

Will take a 1-0 over Stoke any day of the week, vital 3 points.

Back