The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I hope those rumors of Fenerbahce coming back in for Santos are true. I'd rather see TV5 moved back to LB and Kos to come back in as CB.

Ah, fair enough then. You know your team better than me, and I appreciate your opinion. I do like Arsenal though so personally I hope you do well.

I hope those rumors of Fenerbahce coming back in for Santos are true. I'd rather see TV5 moved back to LB and Kos to come back in as CB.

I doubt it's true. They might been secretly cheering as we paid 6m to get that clown.

Why so we can be short at centerback? This transfer window has been an ever bigger disappointment than the summer one was in my opinion. Especially since Wenger said we would be active and every time we are linked with someone he says we were never in it to sign them.

Why so we can be short at centerback? This transfer window has been an ever bigger disappointment than the summer one was in my opinion. Especially since Wenger said we would be active and every time we are linked with someone he says we were never in it to sign them.

I also had big hopes. There were quality players who we could have signed and still are, but Wenger keeps putting faith in players that won't just cut it anymore.

Doing same things over and over again expecting different results. Isn't that one defination of insanity?

Yeah I do not understand why we didn't sign M'bia, and let us rotate Koscielny out to regain some form, give us backup (since we loaned out Djourou) beyond Miquel who is nowhere near ready. Maybe we will have to do what we did before and play Sagna left back and play Jenkinson or Coquelin at right back.

I also had big hopes. There were quality players who we could have signed and still are, but Wenger keeps putting faith in players that won't just cut it anymore.

Doing same things over and over again expecting different results. Isn't that one defination of insanity?

I think they will cut it. You just can't get top four any more by putting your faith in players who might be top class in 3-4 years. In the meantime you just get ripped apart. Not looking forward to the Bayern game at all, the team needs to learn to defend and hold the ball a lot better.

I think they will cut it. You just can't get top four any more by putting your faith in players who might be top class in 3-4 years. In the meantime you just get ripped apart. Not looking forward to the Bayern game at all, the team needs to learn to defend and hold the ball a lot better.

I was mainly talking about injury prone players like Diaby who Wenger is just keeping as excuse for not signing new players. I think he should be offered a pay as you play kind of deal in summer or released / sold. He is taking too much wages for his contribution. Not talking about our younger players who I also think will cut it and be succesful. In recent times they have just been thrown into deep end and not gradually introduced. Think Jenkinson last season.

Also players who just don't cut it ( Likes of Squillaci, Santos... ) need to be sold at any price. Not sitting around taking wages for years. If they can't be sold then release them.

Scouting team needs a shuffle. If they wont find new targets for Wenger something is seriously wrong.

This window we already could have strenghtened the team massively. Now we are left with 24 hours to make some panic buys so we don't need to rely on our previous panic buy ( santos ).

Yeah I do not understand why we didn't sign M'bia, and let us rotate Koscielny out to regain some form, give us backup (since we loaned out Djourou) beyond Miquel who is nowhere near ready. Maybe we will have to do what we did before and play Sagna left back and play Jenkinson or Coquelin at right back.

I would actually use Jenkinson now that Sagna is poor. Why Sagna continues to play while in poor form I dont know.

Irritating thing is Jenkinson was thrown in the deep end, but improved rapidly and looked good this season. Now we actually Giroud up front and Jenkinson can cross.. it seems stupid to not shuffle the team up. Exactly how badly the first team has to play for them to give a youngster a chance is amazing me right now.

And yes, I've entirely forgotten about the lots of **** players we just need to move on: how we -still- have Squillaci, Santos, Denilson, Bendtner and Chamakh, with them all taking about £12m per year in wages, is incredible. Probably why I try not to think about how Swansea picked up Michu for £2m and Newcastle have bought practically a whole team for the cost of one and a half Gervinhos.

Irritating thing is Jenkinson was thrown in the deep end, but improved rapidly and looked good this season. Now we actually Giroud up front and Jenkinson can cross.. it seems stupid to not shuffle the team up. Exactly how badly the first team has to play for them to give a youngster a chance is amazing me right now.

And yes, I've entirely forgotten about the lots of **** players we just need to move on: how we -still- have Squillaci, Santos, Denilson, Bendtner and Chamakh, with them all taking about £12m per year in wages, is incredible. Probably why I try not to think about how Swansea picked up Michu for £2m and Newcastle have bought practically a whole team for the cost of one and a half Gervinhos.

Most of first team players are too complacent and know they can do anything and still be picked for next game. Just look at Szczesnys Cruyff turn against Liverpool. Signing experienced goalkeeper might slow his progress, but if he can't keep focused he has no place in Arsenal and should be offloaded.

There are still quality players out there which we could sign. We'd need to pay little over the odds, but we are well equipped to do so ( https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/296908437214863360/photo/1 )

Lot's of rumours starting to fly. Linked with Amorebieta, Monreal, Stekelenburg and of course David Villa.

The awkward moment when Sky Sports News don't even bother to send out a reporter to the Emirates on Transfer Deadline Day.

According to many sources Monreal is on his way to London ahead of 10m move to us. (RadioMarca was first to report)

The awkward moment when Sky Sports News don't even bother to send out a reporter to the Emirates on Transfer Deadline Day.

I know right? I keep laughing and then getting depressed when they scroll past Arsenal on their screen. x_x

Back