The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
But from what Honigstein said Bayern couldn't care less where he went, just as long as they got the right money for him. Surely it would be better for him to go abroad from there point of view.

Not if their second biggest sponsor and minority owner says that sell him to Wolfsburg. Also Wolfsburg aren't their rival so doesn't matter much that they sold him there.

If AVB gets it right this season and we get a few injuries spurs will defo finish above us lol we dont have the depth that we once had no more

No they wont.

Arsenal's arrogance is quite disturbing thinking they have a divine given right to finish in top 4 and more to the point (above Spurs is a certainty).

Fact of the matter is I see Spurs keep closing the gap slowly but surely and I can't help feel their team is a whole lot better this season with or without Bale. But I think Spurs finishing above Arsenal this season and within the top 4 might actually give the shake up the club needs.

How can you even say "No they wont" and be so sure? Tottenham have improved significantly during the transfer window........ look at your squad.... paper thin....... and as we speak only a French striker with nothing to his name.

Not having a dig, but I hate some of the arrogance I've seen on forums from some Arsenal fans like they have the divine right to thinking they are forever going to be better/above Spurs no matter what. You're definitely going to struggle this season with the current squad to get within the top 4.

Arsenal's arrogance is quite disturbing thinking they have a divine given right to finish in top 4 and more to the point (above Spurs is a certainty).

Fact of the matter is I see Spurs keep closing the gap slowly but surely and I can't help feel their team is a whole lot better this season with or without Bale. But I think Spurs finishing above Arsenal this season and within the top 4 might actually give the shake up the club needs.

How can you even say "No they wont" and be so sure? Tottenham have improved significantly during the transfer window........ look at your squad.... paper thin....... and as we speak only a French striker with nothing to his name.

Not having a dig, but I hate some of the arrogance I've seen on forums from some Arsenal fans like they have the divine right to thinking they are forever going to be better/above Spurs no matter what. You're definitely going to struggle this season with the current squad to get within the top 4.

It's not arrogance. I just believe in my team. Also it helps that Spurs have bottled it countless of times in past.

For me they have done some good business, but are still missing some creativity from midfield. Won't even go into Bale business as we will see does he or wont he go.

Good indicator where we both lie is NLD 1st of September.

Team in full: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky, Walcott, Giroud, Oxlade-Chamberlain
Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Frimpong, Cazorla, Gnabry, Podolski, Sanogo

In that case, it's fair, though still slightly harsh. Chicharito didn't have anything to his name when he came to United either, really.

I was on about Sanogo as it was related to signings.... it's completely different scenario from United anyway though. Wenger needed to put a stamp on the other teams this summer and it was the perfect opportunity to do that. Lets not forget the main point of my original post though, the annoyance I find on forums of Arsenal fans thinking they are a divine right to finish top 4 and most notably.. above Spurs despite one club really improving in the transfer window and the other not so yet again. It would probably be a big shake up if they do have a bad season.

You could argue that there is still a few weeks left for Arsenal to make some good signings, but even going into the season with such a paper thin squad is really just asking for problems.

It's not arrogance. I just believe in my team. Also it helps that Spurs have bottled it countless of times in past.

For me they have done some good business, but are still missing some creativity from midfield. Won't even go into Bale business as we will see does he or wont he go.

Good indicator where we both lie is NLD 1st of September.

Fair point, not a personal dig on yourself, just something I've noticed on forums.

Whilst I appreciate Spurs do keep failing to get into the top 4 despite having clear cut opportunities the last few seasons. The fact of the matter is Arsenal are now letting them have these opportunities... you can't keep relying on Spurs "bottling it". The squad obviously needs improvement in some areas, not just quality wise, but specifically the depth is really scary in some positions.

I still stick to the theory that if Sandro hadn't got that nasty injury, Spurs would of been in the top 4 last season.

Fair point, not a personal dig on yourself, just something I've noticed on forums.

Whilst I appreciate Spurs do keep failing to get into the top 4 despite having clear cut opportunities the last few seasons. The fact of the matter is Arsenal are now letting them have these opportunities... you can't keep relying on Spurs "bottling it". The squad obviously needs improvement in some areas, not just quality wise, but specifically the depth is really scary in some positions.

I still stick to the theory that if Sandro hadn't got that nasty injury, Spurs would of been in the top 4 last season.

I agree that we've let them get closer. Since 07/08 we haven't really challenged for title. Spurs & Pool are aiming for top 4, but for me we should aim to regain our position as title challenger and to do that we need to spend.

I still believe we will be doing 3-5 signings this summer, but for me transfer business has been disappointment as now season has started and it might take new signings longer to get to used to team as they don't have pre-season with new teammates.

Their strenght in depth is impressive in central mid position, but for me they need signings in other positions to really challenge.

Ah **** this ****, just injure all of them lads, they don't have anyone on the bench!

Ah **** this ****, just injure all of them lads, they don't have anyone on the bench!

Why wasn't that Lambert's plan from the start? ;)

(Because Villa players can't get close to the players on the ball!)

Back