The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
But take Spurs for instance yes they don't have it this season but they are building something and i personally think with or without Bale they will get in the top 4 this season unless and this is a massive unless, Arsenal sign 2-3 brilliant players and at the moment them players are few and far between.

Yeah, unless something changes, Arsenal might end up competing for 6th place...

Although one should't underestimate the power of tight-nit squad. Stranger things have happened, like United winning PL in 2007 despite unloading RVN and Keane, and Mourinho's crazy shopping on transfer market. Then again , Wenger is good but he's no Ferguson.

Either way more depth is a must.

Oh yeah i know you didn't make a bid but i have to question why you didn't make a bid? I think he would have prefered a move to England over Italy and he is an upgrade on what you already have so it should be a no brainer. The Suarez deal to anyone who has half a brain knew it was never going to happen (just like the Fabregas deal to Utd).

Because, as I said, Wenger wanted Suarez instead. And I don't see why the Suarez deal would never have happened, if he had a release clause like Wenger thought - and Suarez - Liverpool wouldn't of had a say in it, and Luis wants Champions League football!

And yes, Higuain said he was going to wait for Arsenal before confirming his move to Napoli, but we still wanted Luis...

15wgo0nghp2p.gif

:(

Yeah and i think that's why outsiders are finding it funny but the bigger picture here is that this is effecting a set of fans. I mean losing out on Luis Gustavo to Wolfsburg for me is embarrassing and a club like Arsenal should be sealing these targets.

What I've heard that LG deal to Wolfsburg was largely inside deal between Bayern and Wolfsburg. As people know VW group owns Wolfsburg and Audi owns part of Bayern and have representative on Bayern board also.

Also Honingstein said LG's agent had connections to Wolfsburg and drove the deal. So I don't think we should be embarressed by the deal not happening, just move onto next target quickly and this time do the deal quickly even if it means paying little bit extra.

If we don't get anyone or improve or defence this year we won't get top 4

We don't need to improve defence that much. First choice RB is main target and then we are set. Wouldn't though mind player like Alderweireld coming in to add to the numbers knowing our injury history.

Well, we said before the summer, 1 CB/RB, 1 DM, 1 winger and 1 striker. That hasn't changed, indeed we could push those 4 players to 5-6 if you consider we've sold about a full bench of first teamers anyway. Yes they may have not wanted to be there, but they'd have played in a pinch. I just can't see Wenger pushing out and disrupting the team buying that many players at this stage.

It's sad to say but it appears the club wants to challenge for 4th again, rather than spending proactively and trying to get some solid results and take advantage of everyone else changing up their management.

And I absolutely agree a sporting director seems to be of use at Arsenal, I have no idea who is scouting and bidding for players but they're doing an awful job at the moment.

Due to the injuries to Vermaelen and Arteta, Per has been made captain for tomorrow's game.

Heard Porto have transfer listed Fernando Reges as he's on last year of his contract. I think would be good signing for us. Lot of similarities to Gilberto.

Out of interest, what do people think of Atsuto Uchida? He's one of the targets we've been linked with for the right back position. Could he add something to the team?

Out of interest, what do people think of Atsuto Uchida? He's one of the targets we've been linked with for the right back position. Could he add something to the team?

I think he could be good signing. After Lahm one of the best RB's in Bundesliga I'd say.

I think he could be good signing. After Lahm one of the best RB's in Bundesliga I'd say.

He had a fairly good season, however there were a few players further ahead of him. Dani Carvajal, Łukas Piszczek, Oliver Sorg, Clemens Fritz. But he could do a job for Arsenal, yes.

He had a fairly good season, however there were a few players further ahead of him. Dani Carvajal, Łukas Piszczek, Oliver Sorg, Clemens Fritz. But he could do a job for Arsenal, yes.

Well yes Lahm, Piszczek and Carvajal obviously before him, but we can't sign any of them so players "left for us to sign" he's quite good option.

What I've heard that LG deal to Wolfsburg was largely inside deal between Bayern and Wolfsburg. As people know VW group owns Wolfsburg and Audi owns part of Bayern and have representative on Bayern board also.

Also Honingstein said LG's agent had connections to Wolfsburg and drove the deal. So I don't think we should be embarressed by the deal not happening, just move onto next target quickly and this time do the deal quickly even if it means paying little bit extra.

I understand the links but Gustavo should have done what was best for him not what was best for Bayern. From what Honigstein said he said Bayern were not even involved in the deal any more, all you had to do was turn up pay the money and talk to the player they were so keen to get him off the books.

I understand the links but Gustavo should have done what was best for him not what was best for Bayern. From what Honigstein said he said Bayern were not even involved in the deal any more, all you had to do was turn up pay the money and talk to the player they were so keen to get him off the books.

But since they have such close links to each other, Bayern probably said it's Wolfsburg or nowhere

Gustavo said that being first choice was big part of decision and also that he wanted to stay in Germany.

But since they have such close links to each other, Bayern probably said it's Wolfsburg or nowhere

But from what Honigstein said Bayern couldn't care less where he went, just as long as they got the right money for him. Surely it would be better for him to go abroad from there point of view.

Back