The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I'm going to spend some money myself. On alcohol.

If you wanted to do that the Arsenal way, you should buy yourself some obscure French grain\grape, nurture and brew your own alcohol, bottle it, keep it in the cupboard for 4 years, then release it on a free and then go and buy a bottle of Blue Nun 5 minutes before Budgens closes.

I really doubt it.
There's no other evidence to really suggest otherwise. With the pace of Agbonlahor and co up top for Villa they were always going to rip Arsenal a new *** when they started throwing men forward, but that's football. 37 games to go this could mean absolutely nothing at the end of the season!

Worst thing is this was so visible to everyone but Arsenal FC. At this current moment the club (not the supporters) are a complete joke. The amount Wenger can get away with just because he was brilliant once before is laughable. Well done to Villa, sensational victory and a win which will/should give you confidence going forward this season (just as long as you forget you have confidence come Wednesday).

You would have spent more than your club

Actually not as I've saved this one bottle of whiskey since I got it from my brother and in bar I'm going to talk myself out of paying for drinks :)

Edit: but still the entry fee will be more than what we have spent on players :(

Worst thing is this was so visible to everyone but Arsenal FC. At this current moment the club (not the supporters) are a complete joke. The amount Wenger can get away with just because he was brilliant once before is laughable. Well done to Villa, sensational victory and a win which will/should give you confidence going forward this season (just as long as you forget you have confidence come Wednesday).
I do agree with parts of this but maybe let's wait until we're say 10 games in and atleast till the end of the window until we say the club is a joke! Far from it

o7b6r.jpg

Positives: Chamberlain was decent, err... Giroud scored
Negatives: The rest. Still can't defend a lead, still have no proper DM, still have no depth in the squad.

I do agree with parts of this but maybe let's wait until we're say 10 games in and atleast till the end of the window until we say the club is a joke! Far from it

Well they are because now it will be the same old panic buys won't it? Most clubs do their main business early (with exception of Utd this season).

Well they are because now it will be the same old panic buys won't it? Most clubs do their main business early (with exception of Utd this season).
Most probably mate but think we should give a manager who's kept Arsenal in the top four consistently for the entire time he's been at the club, a little bit of faith

Most probably mate but think we should give a manager who's kept Arsenal in the top four consistently for the entire time he's been at the club, a little bit of faith

Agreed top 4 is an achievement but that in itself has become like a trophy. Do you not think lets say you got rid of Arsene 2-3 years ago and got in Ancelotti that he also wouldn't have been able to get you in the Champions League? Arsene isn't the only manager who would have been able to achieve this and others may have not been too stubborn on valuation of players and got them in.

You got anally destroyed by the Villa.

I'm inclined to believe it was more that they destroyed themselves. Two goals given by penalties, awful goalkeeping. Villa took advantage and credit to them for that, but as we've seen in the past, it doesn't take a team to be excessively good to beat Arsenal, it just requires they ask questions of Arsenal who tend to make quite a hash of answering them.

Agreed top 4 is an achievement but that in itself has become like a trophy. Do you not think lets say you got rid of Arsene 2-3 years ago and got in Ancelotti that he also wouldn't have been able to get you in the Champions League? Arsene isn't the only manager who would have been able to achieve this and others may have not been too stubborn on valuation of players and got them in.

Tbh if we did the Spurs or City route, we'd just have got a director of football, got the transfers in early, trained as a team and avoided this ridiculous situation. Wenger must just play a game with himself as he's so bored managing Arsenal; he sells players every year and sees if he can qualify for the CL with a worse and worse squad every season.

True but in all fairness Wenger has never had to break the budget to do it, and I think other managers would have spent a lot more.

However could be seen as a negative thing of course because now we can all see Wenger needs to buy some players asap. Honestly thought Arsenal looked promising in pre season with just the ambition they SEEMED to have in the market according to Wenger but so far it has been bullshit except for a failed Suarez bid that they never pressed on with after the 30.0001M bid lol.

Wenger needs to buy a solid ball winning midfielder and sort that wreck of a defence out but I still stand by what I've previously said that Arsenal will be in the top four this season

You got anally destroyed by the Villa.

The Ref didnt help though? The **** did he give you a 2nd penalty?! that was a fantastic tackle then later send him off? :(

He better spend some ******* money this week.

Back