The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
The pro's are being heavily outweighed by the cons for those without rose tinted glasses on. Wenger should have spent and improved his team, no excuses.
That being said, hope he stays and carries this wonderful run of form on.

The Ref didnt help though? The **** did he give you a 2nd penalty?! that was a fantastic tackle then later send him off? :(

He better spend some ******* money this week.

tumblr_m7qn8lljCs1rrmergo1_400.gif

The pro's are being heavily outweighed by the cons for those without rose tinted glasses on. Wenger should have spent and improved his team, no excuses.
That being said, hope he stays and carries this wonderful run of form on.

Yea I said earlier that even if he does pull 2-4 good signings transfer window has been poorly handled. Players should have been in by start of August latest and not when the season has already started.

So currently we have gibbs out with what looks like a minor injury , Kos is missing our next prem game, verm monreal nd mikel are a doubt for our next few games,sagna looks as if he could be out with a neck injury and didn't oxlade pick up a bit of a knock at the end? can this get any worse?

Merte jenkinson as our only defenders ? against fullham if no1 recovers within a week

So currently we have gibbs out with what looks like a minor injury , Kos is missing our next prem game, verm monreal nd mikel are a doubt for our next few games,sagna looks as if he could be out with a neck injury and didn't oxlade pick up a bit of a knock at the end? can this get any worse?

Yes you don't make a signing before the end of the window

To be fair, I want to see Bellerín start a few games. He is supposed to be promising. He might get a couple of run outs in cup games.

Loool this is a joke! i want to know weather wenger is really such a stubborn idiot or there are reasons more deep than that on why we dont spend!

Lets get the arsenal board on watchdog and see where all our money is really going ;)

No, it's pretty much Wenger being stubborn. All through this transfer window, the board have made it clear funds are available to the club. Wenger has been repeating that same sentiment, yet at the same time maintains our current squad is enough to challenge for the title.

Wenger: "Gibbs has a deep cut, Sagna, Rosicky has a problem. Ramsey has a problem with a kick on his ankle."
We are pretty much ******

So, at the moment, it's looking like Zelalem is going to start against Fenerbahce and Fulham. As far as I'm aware, he's the only other player we've got who can play in the middle of the pitch, unless we're going to drop Rosický or Cazorla deeper.

So, at the moment, it's looking like Zelalem is going to start against Fenerbahce and Fulham. As far as I'm aware, he's the only other player we've got who can play in the middle of the pitch, unless we're going to drop Rosický or Cazorla deeper.

We are pretty much ****** defensively then.

Well, yeah. We've got Jenkinson to cover right back. Unless Monreal recovers I don't know who'll cover left back. Miquel could have covered in central defence but was sent on loan to Leicester, so like Scotty said earlier, the only realistic, for want of a better word, cover we have for centre back is Leander Siemann.

Wenger: "Gibbs has a deep cut, Sagna, Rosicky has a problem. Ramsey has a problem with a kick on his ankle."
We are pretty much ******

Cazorla as our CM pivot?....

83uvl.jpg

Ended up going to the Emirates today as my friend who has a season ticket was ill. Some thoughts from an outsider.

. You got tactically obliterated. Villa played it really tight in the middle of the park and so the majority of the game was fought out wide. This lead to a lot of pressure being put on AOC + Walcott and Sagna + Gibbs. They each ended up isolated: the wingers frequently unnumbered and the fullbacks frequently left 1v1 with Villa's two wide players, especially on the break when you had appalling organisation. By contrast, Villa almost always seemed to either enjoy a numerical advantage or were at least even in every area of the pitch.

. Dear god you have to buy a defensive midfielder. Yes it's obvious but today Wenger turned up for a gunfight armed with a bar of soap. When you 4-2-3-1 lost out to Villa's disciplined 4-3-3, you needed to have the option to bring on a holder who would both shield the defence and allow the centrebacks to help their fullbacks out. Because you didn't have that option, Wenger was basically rendered unable to impact the game at all from the bench.

. You got a bit unlucky. Haven't seen the replay yet but the decisions seemed mostly right, however you did hit the bar and scuff some good chances. On another day the same game would have been a draw or a win for you.

. I would be encouraged by that short period after the break when you really did play some nice stuff.

. This was my first time at your new ground (not sure I can call it new anymore) and I was shocked to see how gloomy and depressed everyone was before the game even started. The whole place was like some awful focal point for years frustration, and it's not a healthy environment.

. Booing the players when some of them came to clap the fans was a bit harsh.

Last edited:
Heard a rumour that Ox has done his cruciate and will be out for 3 months...

Why not using Ox as attacking mid? He's been poor? on the wing. Santi is far better from wide position than him.

Back