The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Why not using Ox as attacking mid? He's been poor? on the wing. Santi is far better from wide position than him.

Supposedly he's out for three months with a knee injury, in which case, he won't be much use.

Gibbs, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sagna, Rosicky, Ramsey, and maybe Wilshere all out and injured from this game alone it seems, to add to Monreal, Arteta, Vermaelen.

Last edited:
The reason Sagna is injured, for those who didn't see it:

HEAD-CRUNCH.gif

Sagna's wife said on twitter that he's fine. Just resting.

At least some good news.

Yeah and people said to me that we shouldn't buy a new keeper as we have Szczesny...

Well, at the start of the summer we were going to buy Begovic.

Like the Higuain, Suarez and Gustavo deals, it seems like it was all hot air.

Yeah and people said to me that we shouldn't buy a new keeper as we have Szczesny...

I still have faith in Chezza, but you would have thought he would've worked on his eccentricity/general decision making in pre-season...

I still have faith in Chezza, but you would have thought he would've worked on his eccentricity/general decision making in pre-season...

I dont. Has done absolutely nothing to deserve that #1 on his jersey.

I don't understand why we didn't make a move for Beñat. Cheaper option than Fàbregas, and would have provided cover for this exact situation. Him, Arteta or Ramsey along side a hard hitter would have given us some real bite in the centre of the pitch.

I don't understand why we didn't make a move for Beñat. Cheaper option than Fàbregas, and would have provided cover for this exact situation. Him, Arteta or Ramsey along side a hard hitter would have given us some real bite in the centre of the pitch.

Because he's average. Can play some hollywood passes but is absolutely clueless defensively. Illarramendi is the one you needed.

He only wanted to go to Bilbao, he rejected some bigger teams I think. Speaking of that position, what about M'Vila? He's in Rubin, didn't saw him lately, but he was/is a big talent with some behavior problems. He has been compared to Vieira, after his move its quiet around him, but I think he said he might leave before this summer.

Just seen the highlights. Neither of Koscielny's bookings were fouls. Don't know what the referee had taken this afternoon.

So many talking points.

Long balling it to Giroud, who couldn't control the ball was a mistake. Was this the game plan? You have 60% possession and our main option was long balls? Either poor composure from our players or poor game planning.

Lack of DM killed us, especially with Agbo's goal.

Sagna should be let go on free. Sure, he can run like Forrest Gump...but lacks vision, creativity, and the pace he once had.

Podolski playing side back and Ramsey filling in at CB...nuff said.

Well, Ramsey at right back and Podolski at left back will be our options for next week if we don't get Gibbs back I think :P

on why it's so difficult to buy players for Arsenal…
We take our work seriously and believe me, we analyse every single player in the world. We work 24 hours a day for that. When we make decisions, we take it seriously. People try to think we do not want to spend. We want [to]. We are ready to buy players.

A quote from Wenger during a press conference after the game. In the words of Nike, just do it.

Back