The Arsenal Thread

You show your support by going to matches and chanting not just buying a shirt you muppet.

Sorry I don't have thousands of dollars to get a plane ticket, hotel room costs and ticket costs to matches. I'll stick with buying shirts for the time being.

Not everyone can afford a day out to arsenal matches.... even if you live in england! you're looking at atleast a 100-150 pound day

Not everyone can afford a day out to arsenal matches.... even if you live in england! you're looking at atleast a 100-150 pound day

Well this is an exaggeration, when I go to watch the Arsenal it costs around £60 in total if you include the pre-game beers and lunch at a cheap fast food shop 'round the corner.

That being said, that isn't cheap.

I hate international football... we should all be witnessing Ozil tear the oppositions defence to pieces today :(

Well this is an exaggeration, when I go to watch the Arsenal it costs around £60 in total if you include the pre-game beers and lunch at a cheap fast food shop 'round the corner.

60 + the £90 match ticket + Train tickets....

But it is next to impossible to get decent tickets without a season ticket

60 + the £90 match ticket + Train tickets....

I meant £60 including the ticket.

What ticket are you getting?

Can get an Arsenal ticket for around £35-£40, train travel for about £9, buy a couple of beers and some food for about £10. That equals the £60ish I referred to.

I meant £60 including the ticket.

What ticket are you getting?

Can get an Arsenal ticket for around £35-£40, train travel for about £9, buy a couple of beers and some food for about £10. That equals the £60ish I referred to.

The £35-40 tickets are **** though, either right next to the family stand or on the top tier

Exactly im a student so i cannot afford 1600 season ticket

What you chatting about, that's one installment of a student loan :D

I was never richer than when I was a student. I had 2 jobs, a bursary, the loan, an interest free overdraft. Those days were sick.

The £35-40 tickets are **** though, either right next to the family stand or on the top tier

Indeed, I won't deny the quality of the positioning there is bad, but his original post said 'At least', so I was letting him know you can easily go to an Arsenal match for considerably less than he suggested.

It's crazy, last summer I went to a New York Red Bulls match, ticket was $50 and I was 10 rows up from the field.

Lets get back on topic guys come on, stop beating the dead horse. Anybody seen Ozil play for Germany this weekend, how was he?

Lets get back on topic guys come on, stop beating the dead horse. Anybody seen Ozil play for Germany this weekend, how was he?

Saw part of the match. 99% pass completion, 4 key passes and commentators said that he didn't even get out of first gear.

While we're on the topic of Germany, can I just say how amazing it is that Klose equalled Gerd Müller's World Cup goalscoring record. He must have been over the moon.

While we're on the topic of Germany, can I just say how amazing it is that Klose equalled Gerd Müller's World Cup goalscoring record. He must have been over the moon.

Klose, modest as ever, just said something along the lines of 'It can't be compared, since he did it in so little matches'.

Well done to him, I hope he beats the record.