The Arsenal Thread

Come on guys, Ramsey was always good, why do you think Utd wanted to sign him? When he started playing for us he was -**** good- before the whole leg break nonsense. He seems to give the team a directness and fire which it lacks without. Wilshere, for all his control and ability to see a pass, seemingly can't quite make it yet.. Ramsey seems to be much more uncluttered, realises his role in the side and is going to be played in a lot more with Ozil getting marked heavily in forthcoming games.. you need the CMs to do something, and he's seemingly managing to get that into his game and tidy it up, same as his passing.

Giroud though, we knew he was good at playing other players in, and that was why Wenger bought him alongside his strength, but allowing him to hold the ball up and play in others seems crucial for the wingers to get anywhere.. Walcott needs to start banging some goals in and improve his finishing, as sometimes I get the distinct feeling he just hammers it and hopes for the best. Still lots of problems in depth which will probably cost us in the big games, but with Arteta coming back things are looking decent for the CL games.

Although Kos needs to sort himself out, Sakho is looking like a rather big loss right now considering his strength and speed with Per reading the game and intercepting would have really given a lot of options, and his form will cost us in the larger games otherwise.

Last edited:
HAs anybody heard about Giroud? him getting injured right now is the last thing we need

Nothing yet, only heard Cazorla might be out until mid october... not sure about that either.

Yeah i saw that too, as long as others stay fit i dont see cazorla being injured as a big deal, we've shown that today. Giroud however...

Nothing yet, only heard Cazorla might be out until mid october... not sure about that either.

Cazorla out for a month? **** sake. Love that guy, even though he's pretty useless in a physical game. Looks like we're back to Wilshere on the left (which unbalances us against top sides) and Bendtner up front, who doesn't seem to do anything useful other than keep the press in business for pouring his pints over girls on nights out and wears pink boots.

I think if anything cazorla being injured makes wenger's selection job easier :)

Cazorla out for a month? **** sake. Love that guy, even though he's pretty useless in a physical game. Looks like we're back to Wilshere on the left (which unbalances us against top sides) and Bendtner up front, who doesn't seem to do anything useful other than keep the press in business for pouring his pints over girls on nights out and wears pink boots.

Rather see Gibbs as LW and Wilshere as RW than Bendtner starting. Walcott up top. ( If Giroud's also injured )

Aye, proper CB and a good striker in January. Or more likely, never.

I still don't think we need a CB. If Sagna leaves then yes, but if he signs extension then only new RB.

Wenger still made enquiries for Rooney at end of transfer window. Ba was only tried for season long cover. I believe Wenger will be targeting some sort of striker in january and if he's succesful Bendtner will be released.

Edit: Some good news. Giroud said on twitter that his knee is fine and he's waiting for Marseille trip.

Last edited:
I still don't think we need a CB. If Sagna leaves then yes, but if he signs extension then only new RB.

Wenger still made enquiries for Rooney at end of transfer window. Ba was only tried for season long cover. I believe Wenger will be targeting some sort of striker in january and if he's succesful Bendtner will be released.

Edit: Some good news. Giroud said on twitter that his knee is fine and he's waiting for Marseille trip.

phew thank god, who knows maybe we will still be in for suarez,i would not mind

just seen your first goal 1 word pure class well thats 2 but you get what i mean

Heard we are looking at Montoya from Barca. Current contract ends next summer.

Montoya would be good too. I have my doubts as to whether he'd be willing to leave Barca though given that Dani Alves is getting along and Montoya seems the obvious choice to take over from him.

Montoya would be good too. I have my doubts as to whether he'd be willing to leave Barca though given that Dani Alves is getting along and Montoya seems the obvious choice to take over from him.

If stories are true Barca haven't been interested yet to offer new contract. Shows Montoya that they don't want/need him.