The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Proved your mettle today. Will silence a few doubters and make a lot more take you seriously.

f3954f686389ad0be9666da7b89bab4f75e6cc846191cd209c283c2264e9a623.jpg

PS: If I get an infraction, its totally worth it for that.

I like how you had so much confidence in your team to win this game you waited until after the match had finished to respond.

Proved your mettle today. Will silence a few doubters and make a lot more take you seriously.

I like how you had so much confidence in your team to win this game you waited until after the match had finished to respond.

A win's a win.....besides 2-0 sounds better than 2-1 for instance.

Ok lets reel it back a bit, we didnt win the league. We are only a couple of injuries away from collapsing and City as well as Chelsea have much better squad depth then us so lets just take it a game a time.

Last edited:
Ok lets reel it back a bit, we didnt win the league. We are only a couple of injuries away from collapsing and City as well as Chelsea have much better squad depth then us so lets just take it a game a time.

No one's saying we've won the league but the point all along was to silence those skeptics who thought we'd had an easy run all along and that we'd crack as soon as we came up against the big boys and beating an in form Liverpool side helps build more confidence.

No one's saying we've won the league but the point all along was to silence those skeptics who thought we'd had an easy run all along and that we'd crack as soon as we came up against the big boys and beating an in form Liverpool side helps build more confidence.

Yeah I know but sometimes theres simply no point, there will always be people who are criticizing no matter what. I bet even if we do win the league there will be another excuse like we have not passed enough "tests". And honestly who cares about these tests, 3 points from City and 3 points from Norwich are the same in the table, tell that to Chelsea who got beat down by Newcastle

It's a great win for Arsenal today, to be honest, and they deserve credit for the win. However, I don't see why a lot of Arsenal fans in this thread still believe Arsenal aren't on-form, but us (Liverpool) are - so the emphasis on 'in-form' isn't really needed. Great win, though, no doubt about that!

People have read too much into single games this season. If Arsenal had lost yesterday, that wouldn't have meant the title challenge was over. Man City lost to Cardiff, but that doesn't mean anything except that on that day, Cardiff came away with three points. At the end of the season, those three points may be important, they may not; who can tell yet? (Apart from the apparently omniscient tv pundits)

Haha, funny thing about Koscielny, is that he can pull a performance like that out of his locker against players like Suarez or Messi and keep them quiet, yet seems to not be bothered against some teams and just goes for the massive slide instead. He seems to occupy that John Terry-esque role of someone not worried about any sort of physical challenge, but a decent reader of the game.

Good performance, great result.

Ozil was actually quite poor yesterday, but the rest of the midfield were just great, so we still dominated that area for the vast majority of the game.

What a goal for Ramsey too <3

Good performance, great result.

Ozil was actually quite poor yesterday, but the rest of the midfield were just great, so we still dominated that area for the vast majority of the game.

What a goal for Ramsey too <3

I presume as Ozil just dragged Lucas around, but opened up space for others. He seems to love pulling to the right wing, which lets Cazorla swap to the middle. All three of Rosicky/Cazorla/Ozil can spot a pass an have great technique, so I doubt they could stop them all. It's going to be more difficult against Dortmund midweek, but then again a solid result there would be a draw considering they spanked their opposition 6-1 over the weekend.

ozil and giroud were both poor. even then ozil got an assist. his bidy language was really poor, wonder why.

I presume as Ozil just dragged Lucas around, but opened up space for others. He seems to love pulling to the right wing, which lets Cazorla swap to the middle. All three of Rosicky/Cazorla/Ozil can spot a pass an have great technique, so I doubt they could stop them all. It's going to be more difficult against Dortmund midweek, but then again a solid result there would be a draw considering they spanked their opposition 6-1 over the weekend.

Yeah, I've written off the Dortmund game as a lost. Truly hope we beat Man United though, would really silence the remaining doubters I feel. That being said, I'm one of those doubters myself.

ozil and giroud were both poor. even then ozil got an assist. his bidy language was really poor, wonder why.

I thought Giroud was good, he almost scored a chip, and did a good job occupying the Liverpool CBs which allowed the midfield runners to find space. Against the Liverpool system he was always going to be outnumbered, he had to make sure he worked well as a distraction instead of banging in goals. A lot of what you need to do well is off the ball, and it's hard to fault him yesterday for that imo.

I thought Giroud was good, he almost scored a chip, and did a good job occupying the Liverpool CBs which allowed the midfield runners to find space. Against the Liverpool system he was always going to be outnumbered, he had to make sure he worked well as a distraction instead of banging in goals. A lot of what you need to do well is off the ball, and it's hard to fault him yesterday for that imo.

Yeap he was a real problem for Pools backline and drew two players which allowed Santi the space for his header in opening goal. Should have scored, but overall quite decent game for him.

Yeah, I've written off the Dortmund game as a lost. Truly hope we beat Man United though, would really silence the remaining doubters I feel. That being said, I'm one of those doubters myself.
A win against United (even this United side) would be no mean feat, and it would really prove Arsenal's title credentials - or at least, prove that they can at least challenge for it. Of course, one game doesn't prove much, but it'd be a great victory if it happened.

Yeap he was a real problem for Pools backline and drew two players which allowed Santi the space for his header in opening goal. Should have scored, but overall quite decent game for him.

saying poor was perhaps too strong...mediocre is more like it. He should have finished his chance and he did look frustrated (but he always kept working). I thought his biggest contribution was his 2 (or was it 3) headers on liverpool corners. Maybe I thought he did poor because he lost the ball often trying to dribble by someone, but then again we were not pushing bodies forward for him to pass to. He did do great down the left side for that perfect cross in the center of box...unfortunately nobody bothered to get into box.

I truly believe he is getting jaded and it convinces me that we need another striker next window (i wasn't sold on needing another striker before).

Well, decent first half. I can see somebody getting sent off in the second mind you. Nothing clear cut, though I'm expecting Dortmund to put one away at least in the second half. Perhaps 2-0 final score.

Also it seems Dortmund's fitness is incredible.

Back