The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Could be 3-3 by now, so many quality players on show tonight with a huge amount of intensity from both sides.

Should be penalty I think. Weidenfeller didn't get near to ball and took Kos out.

Yeah, Mertersacker had a great chance too. Would be a shame to get nothing out of this. Still, Monreal on for Cazorla, which means it's backs to the wall time and perhaps his them on a break. Dortmund never give up it seems, so need to stay tight.

Really well defended. We are showing that we can take points away to biggest teams in europe. Really important result.

Well, seems I was pretty negative after the Liverpool game with expectations for this game. A bit of going down easily from Dortmund players towards the end when they got frustrated, but it's good to see Arsenal playing with some serious steel in midfield for once.

Massive win today, first time Dortmund hasn't scored at home in a while. Totally wasn't expecting this win, but it has to be a great chance to push the form into Man Utd at the weekend.

Really well defended. We are showing that we can take points away to biggest teams in europe. Really important result.

Not often you get to say well defended as an Arsenal fan tbh! Mertersacker and Koscielny were immense though.

Wow, did not see that coming.

To score before 70' and defend expertly to keep Dortmund out at their ground is no easy feat, well played lads.

Not often you get to say well defended as an Arsenal fan tbh! Mertersacker and Koscielny were immense though.

They've been great for half a year now that they've played consistently together. Best CB pairing in Prem? Perhaps.

This match proves just how realistic the new FM is! One team dominates, then the other has 1 chance and scores it ;)

Was that big enough a match? Or doesn't this count as it isn't in league. :)

This match proves just how realistic the new FM is! One team dominates, then the other has 1 chance and scores it ;)

You're surely winding up mate:)? Dortmund didn't look especially lively, I don't think the keeper made a single proper save did he? It showed a lot that Dortmund just pinged it from range when they got frustrated..

You're surely winding up mate:)? Dortmund didn't look especially lively, I don't think the keeper made a single proper save did he? It showed a lot that Dortmund just pinged it from range when they got frustrated..

He has that save from Reus to make. Reus also should have scored that air shot. Dortmund were miles on top until Ramsay scored. (Which I believe was Arsenals first shot of the game) Dortmund had 15 shots to Arsenals 4. Dortmund also had just 3 on target. There have been so many people complaining about having high shots, and then the opposition scoring with their first shot.

One guy that probably won't get any of the headlines tomorrow is Rosicky although he was absolutely massive tonight. Actually kept the ball very well, passing was good, workrate was tremendous - was always willing to track back!

One guy that probably won't get any of the headlines tomorrow is Rosicky although he was absolutely massive tonight. Actually kept the ball very well, passing was good, workrate was tremendous - was always willing to track back!

Yup he was fantastic against Lpool too, but predictably nobody noticed. One thing is for sure from this performance though, we badly need another striker who can hold up the ball, its so crucial for how the team defends.

Rosicky is quality, and always has been. But he's in a talented, in-form midfield and so doesn't naturally get too much credit.

Back