The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Big one tonight huh boys?

Must win which I can't see you not doing against Zagreb at home. It's the real tricky one in Piraeus I see you falling down on. Terribly hard and hostile place to go get a win. And even more so when they'll be likely still be on the verge of qualifying themselves.

That said I'm still interested to see how the game in Munich plays out. The smart move would be for them to 'agree' on a draw and remove a better team from the knockouts in Munich's case but we'll see.

Big one tonight huh boys?

Must win which I can't see you not doing against Zagreb at home. It's the real tricky one in Piraeus I see you falling down on. Terribly hard and hostile place to go get a win. And even more so when they'll be likely still be on the verge of qualifying themselves.

That said I'm still interested to see how the game in Munich plays out. The smart move would be for them to 'agree' on a draw and remove a better team from the knockouts in Munich's case but we'll see.

I can guarantee that will not happen, if Olympiakos managed to knick points in Munich it will be earned. Absolutely no chance of them playing for a draw to knock out Arsenal. It is not in Pep's DNA or his teams for that matter.

Arsenal 1 up stays like this and its in their hands, good stuff like to see all the british teams go through and so ahould everyone else with the state of the co-efficient,

Arsenal 1 up stays like this and its in their hands, good stuff like to see all the british teams go through and so ahould everyone else with the state of the co-efficient,

Rather a competitor didn't make more money from the Champions League coffers ta.

If we did indeed drop to three, happy to take our chances of cracking that and more going forward.

Did you watch the first 16? Bar the 2 mistakes of their own making it was comfortable for the Greeks.

It really was not comfortable, you are not comfortable when you have had 25% possession and make 2 mistakes that lead to goals, if that is comfortable then **** me we have very different versions of comfortable given there is another 75 minutes left

Rather a competitor didn't make more money from the Champions League coffers ta.

If we did indeed drop to three, happy to take our chances of cracking that and more going forward.

You're insane then considering that United, Chelsea, Manchester city and Arsenal all have more money than you think you have been at that Klippity Klopp too much

It really was not comfortable, you are not comfortable when you have had 25% possession and make 2 mistakes that lead to goals, if that is comfortable then **** me we have very different versions of comfortable given there is another 75 minutes left

Dude, chill. Man, I really couldn't give a preferable whether it was perceived comfortable or not.

I just know watching, Munich created nothing outside of the 2 Greek gifts in that period and most of that possession was side ways and backwards. That's comfortable to defend.

75% possession but nothing with it. Statistics darn statistics.

But the games over and I'm long past watching so it's neither here nor there.

*Edit* Preferable? Darn moby correct thingie. *Preverbal.

Last edited:
You're insane then considering that United, Chelsea, Manchester city and Arsenal all have more money than you think you have been at that Klippity Klopp too much

We shall see Sir. Happy to revisit that with you at the end of the season. Because honestly, I wouldn't like to say which of those 5, along with Tottenham, will mis out.

This has been the exact opposite of comfortable for the Greeks.

Worryingly, Bayern werent even pushing it. They have been pulling them all over the place with the shifting passing.

This has been the exact opposite of comfortable for the Greeks.

Worryingly, Bayern werent even pushing it. They have been pulling them all over the place with the shifting passing.

Thank god someone else thinks so too

We shall see Sir. Happy to revisit that with you at the end of the season. Because honestly, I wouldn't like to say which of those 5, along with Tottenham, will mis out.

You forgot Leicester, which is another barrier to the top 4 too, Pool have an outside chance of getting the top 4 but it is just that an outside one. I know you think Klopp is some kind of Prussian general not seen since the days of Frederick I, and he is breaking new boundaries every day not seen since the likes of Rinus Michels. But listen if he keeps pushing the players the way he is and not resting and rotating things will come unstuck quick, it November so they should be able to maintain this performance no matter what but he will soon find out like Pocchetino did at saints players run out juice.

Back