The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
The penalty given away was poor but the issues are tactical. How often do you see Xabi Alonso 1v1? Xhaka is given too much space to defend within defensive transitions. He should never have been in that position in the first place. In the last half hour, he picked apart the deep block.
Impressed with Xhaka's bone headedness at times. In limited minutes, he's given away 2 penalties for club and been sent off. Been sent off internationally after a strong tackle in the 89th minutes of a qualifier that Switzerland were already winning.

Yeah mate was saying same at work today. Has cut a very frustrated figure at times this season. What you thinks gonna happen with both Ozil and Sanchez. Owners gonna pay up?
Nothing to do with money. We turnover more than enough to meet demands. Going to be down to what we win most likely.

Impressed with Xhaka's bone headedness at times. In limited minutes, he's given away 2 penalties for club and been sent off. Been sent off internationally after a strong tackle in the 89th minutes of a qualifier that Switzerland were already winning.

A consistent psycho then!

David Ornstein– Verified account ‏@bbcsport_david

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

From redundancy to Arsenal FC in 24 hours, pleasure to interview Cohen Bramall on trading @Hednesford_Town for #AFC: Cohen Bramall: Arsenal's new recruit revels in 'crazy' Premier League move - BBC Sport
BBC Sport

Cohen Bramall: Arsenal's new recruit revels in 'crazy' Premier League move

Car factory worker Cohen Bramall was facing redundancy at Christmas - now he's heading for Premier League football with Arsenal.
View on web

2:57 pm - 6 Jan 2017
340 RETWEETS553 LIKES.

Amazed how **** this team has become under this scared old fart!

anyone have much info on Jon Toral ? saw clips from youtube of his time at Birmingham looks like he has flair creativity and can be quite physical.

I'm honestly so ****** off with Arsenal riht now watching the Swansea game. We can't even beat a basic high press. Wenger has been manager for 20 YEARS and we can't even beat a poorly executed high press against a Championship and Premier league relegation fodder? It's an embarrassment. Our centre backs don't even split! Those are the bare basics. Does Wenger even coach the team? He's stealing a living on £8.4 Million a year if we can't beat the press of relegation fodder who've had a new manager for mere days.

Not even a quarter into the game.

You lads do lose paitience quickly.

there you go stop crying now
You lot should watch the game. It's absolutely shocking. I gave the benefit of the doubt when we couldn't cope with a Championship side but today, it's been even worse for a so called 'top side'. The player's look like they haven't been coached.

So were half way through the season and think as going as pretty much normal. Good win today but looking at our squad and first 11 i don't think we are performing as well as we should. Consistency being the key thing here.

I'm interested to hear non-arsenal fans view on what they think should be changed. Personally i think we do need a top striker, i love giroud and i think he is a great number 2 as proved in the last couple of games. But he doesn't have the RVP, Henry quality that we are missing.

So were half way through the season and think as going as pretty much normal. Good win today but looking at our squad and first 11 i don't think we are performing as well as we should. Consistency being the key thing here.

I'm interested to hear non-arsenal fans view on what they think should be changed. Personally i think we do need a top striker, i love giroud and i think he is a great number 2 as proved in the last couple of games. But he doesn't have the RVP, Henry quality that we are missing.
We were seriously **** today, especially in the first half. Giroud shouldn't have stared. Perez should have started wide and Alexis up front. Alexis is being shunted out wide because Giroud's scored a few.

Why is Xhaka so idiotic when it comes to tackling? He's a walking red card

5 of the last 7 goals at Old Trafford offside. (Or was it 5 offside goals the last 7 games there? I forget the stat from last weekend but its 5 of 7 of something.).

Both Arsenal winners against Burnley this year should never of stood.

Let's those fans not complain when something goes the other way the next time!

Last edited:
Back