The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Wenger out?

Sentimentalism does not belong in football for that amount of time. Sure, you give the man a chance, you can't win the title every year, but 14 years is it now? He is long overdue. Yes, his teams play some attractive football, but inefficient.
I'm no Arsenal fan, so I couldn't give a rat's *** if he stays or goes, but he should have gone a long time ago.

Arsenal have no identity anymore, just 11 men on a pitch hoping Sanchez does something
Lost our identity after 2011.
Why in all that's holy does Wenger keep playing Gabriel at RB? He's average at best at CB!
Gabriel shouldn't be a right back. Agreed. He's a pretty solid defender though.
Ozil and Sanchez sitting on the floor looking fed up to death.
Of course they would be after that game.
thay have every right to cant see them 2 staying
It's primarily focused around money.
Not while Wenger is there. And the penny pinch at the top. They could easily afford to keep both players.
They could have signed them for the money they're now offering last summer if the board don't dither so much.
Arsenal - better change the name from The Gunners to The Bottlers.
Title was dead at the Goodison. Don't see how this is a bottle job.
Sentimentalism does not belong in football for that amount of time. Sure, you give the man a chance, you can't win the title every year, but 14 years is it now? He is long overdue. Yes, his teams play some attractive football, but inefficient.
I'm no Arsenal fan, so I couldn't give a rat's *** if he stays or goes, but he should have gone a long time ago.
He was finished 5 years ago.

If they both did that (and it would appear so as Monreal has to be told to turn around when he gets the tunnel), then that's absolutely disgraceful and just about the most disrespectful thing any player can do.

I'd lock players up for that if I could that show absolutely no appreciation for the commitment people have made to support them. Whatever the result of the game and how you're feeling, that should be a given and isn't much to expect in return.

I've got some hard truths and likely predictions for Arsenal in the next 4-5 years. Truth is that Arsenal at the top level are finished for this period.

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/828702077694181380

GFFN reporting that whether Alexis signs depends on league position. Implications of this are massive. We'll probably get dicked at Anfield and White Hart Lane, lose to City at home and fail to beat United at home. 5-6th looks likely. Wenger won't sign off the back of an all-time humiliating low and Alexis will likely leave. As a result, Oezil will probably leave with him and Arsenal will be left with an ageing squad.

Squad planning has been poor at this level. Monreal 30(finished), Cech 34 (finished), Debuchy 31 (finished), Mertesacker 32 (finished), Cazorla 32 (finished due to Achilles), Koscielny 31, Walcott 27, Lucas 28 and Giroud 30. Like Man City, the squad will be left seriously deteriorated. We will rival Liverpool for worst squad in the top 6 while they're in the champions league. City will have a far superior squad and United will buy Griezmann. Tottenham won't rest on their laurels either.

The meltdown to end all meltdowns is coming in the next 3 months and Wenger's managerial career will end in disaster. It's a harsh reality. A new coach will come in and a rebuild will take place. Before the likely sales of Alexis/Ozil, AFC have £226 Million cash. A huge rebuilding job is needed in the summer. I have confidence in Gazidis and StatsDNA who know their football. Reality is that we'll probably stack young talent like BVB and be irrelevant at the highest level for 4-5 years. We won't win a league title while Pep is dominant.

I've heard great things from someone who has an insider friend about Gazidis. He has a solid footballing background and knows his stuff. The reason that Wenger has been offered a contract is that Wenger hired Gazidis to be his boss and CEO. Gazidis acts as a middle man between Wenger and Kroenke who's apparently useless. Kroenke would have the final say if Gazidis decided to hypothetically sack him. As a result, loyalty to Wenger from Gazidis is understandable. Apperently, Gazidis understands the problems in the team.

I've got some hard truths and likely predictions for Arsenal in the next 4-5 years. Truth is that Arsenal at the top level are finished for this period.

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/828702077694181380

GFFN reporting that whether Alexis signs depends on league position. Implications of this are massive. We'll probably get dicked at Anfield and White Hart Lane, lose to City at home and fail to beat United at home. 5-6th looks likely. Wenger won't sign off the back of an all-time humiliating low and Alexis will likely leave. As a result, Oezil will probably leave with him and Arsenal will be left with an ageing squad.

Squad planning has been poor at this level. Monreal 30(finished), Cech 34 (finished), Debuchy 31 (finished), Mertesacker 32 (finished), Cazorla 32 (finished due to Achilles), Koscielny 31, Walcott 27, Lucas 28 and Giroud 30. Like Man City, the squad will be left seriously deteriorated. We will rival Liverpool for worst squad in the top 6 while they're in the champions league. City will have a far superior squad and United will buy Griezmann. Tottenham won't rest on their laurels either.

The meltdown to end all meltdowns is coming in the next 3 months and Wenger's managerial career will end in disaster. It's a harsh reality. A new coach will come in and a rebuild will take place. Before the likely sales of Alexis/Ozil, AFC have £226 Million cash. A huge rebuilding job is needed in the summer. I have confidence in Gazidis and StatsDNA who know their football. Reality is that we'll probably stack young talent like BVB and be irrelevant at the highest level for 4-5 years. We won't win a league title while Pep is dominant.

I've heard great things from someone who has an insider friend about Gazidis. He has a solid footballing background and knows his stuff. The reason that Wenger has been offered a contract is that Wenger hired Gazidis to be his boss and CEO. Gazidis acts as a middle man between Wenger and Kroenke who's apparently useless. Kroenke would have the final say if Gazidis decided to hypothetically sack him. As a result, loyalty to Wenger from Gazidis is understandable. Apperently, Gazidis understands the problems in the team.

Nah.

Another controversial, lucky, scrappy win against a bottom half side for Arsenal. But hey, 3 points is 3 points. I do think Arsenal being joint second is very flattering though.

Just HOW was that 'goal' allowed to stand? And how in the **** did Gibbs stay on? TERRIBLE decisions.

And even more of a mystery, just when did Ladzar remember how to play football? That's the best he's looked since the game at Sunderland his first season under Rodgers. Brilliant display.

wtf is going off with refs this season are thay hiting the pipe b4 games or what its never been this bad you all ways got 1 or 2 every few weeks but this season its like every week

I BADLY want to visit this Munich stadium.

I'd give anything to pull Bayern the groups next year.

its a nice ground

Isn't it? Not normally arsed about the bigger new grounds but I REALLY want to go there.

Munich's boss enough by itself but it'd be perfect to be in a group with Bayern and experience that.

I shall pray to the football gods to make it so! Haha.

That entire minute has basically been the story of Arsenal's season. Scrappy and lucky.

Back