The Art of Football - Made in Florence

shootie

Sergi <3
Reaction score
The Art of Football - Now being Perfected

Fiorentina_B2.gif

Just for the record I started writing reports etc for this story mid-way through the 2009/2010 season, to look for the latest update look to the later pages :D. The writing below was written September game time.

Pre-season 2011/2012 Comments:

Season three :O, longest game on FM since my self-proclaimed legendary Barca game on 09. Although I am now free to move clubs Im staying at La Viola for now. How could I pass up the opportunity to win the trophy that I have never won in any manager game? Its amazing to think since I started playing FM in 06 that ive never won the Champions League, I have had some amazing teams and ive lost countless finals. I hope I can do it this season as that Real Madrid result last season was BS.

Serie A needs defending and it would be great if I could a three-in-a-row of Coppa Italia's.

As for transfers I have already bought the most amazing Mexican Regen which I will post a picture of later. Zanetti Retired and is now on my coaching staff, looks like a potential Assman with his stats aswell, good motivating.

CAREER GOALS

1. Win 3 Major Trophies with Fiorentina before moving clubs (Currently 3)
2. To win the Serie A with Fiorentina at least once before moving to another club (Champions 2010/2011)
3. Win 5 major trophies by 2015 (Currently 3)
4. To score 100 goals in a league season
5. To concede less than 20 goals in a league season
6. Win Domestic trophies in 3 different countries (Currenlty 1: Italy)
7. Have a player score 35+ in all competitions in a season (excluding friendlies and CWC)
8. Have a player create 20+ Assists in a Season. 2009/2010 Ricardo Montolivo (22)
9. Train a home-grown Regen to World Player of the Year in his career
10. Manage Ireland in the World Cup Finals.

2009/2010 Season​

Player Stats and all results

Serie A: 2nd place (91 points)

8vugx3.jpg

Italian Cup:
Winner (vs Genoa)

Champions League: Semi-Final (Barcelona)​

Top Scorer: Alberto Gilardino (26)
Most Assists: Ricardo Montolivo

2010/2011 Season​

Serie A: 1st Place (90 Points)

vxdret.jpg
[/IMG]

Italian Cup: Winner (vs Inter)

Champions League: Quarter-Finals (Real Madrid)

Top Scorer: Oscar Cardozo (34)
Most Assists: Carlos Eduardo (16)

My Tactics
*PM me if you want me to send any one of my tactics to you, ill make a thread in tactics forum if I get enough interest

Last edited:
I will be following mate could we have a league table and have you qualified for champions league ko?

Yeah I posted the thread when I meant to press Preview post lol. I will update it now

And I sold Jovetic because he wanted to leave after Real Madrid Tapped him up -_- . He didnt really feature so far due to him being so injury prone and Vargas playing better at AML.

I recommend you sign Hulk for Fiorentina. He is an absolute beast

I always get bored when i play in Italy,no matter how good my squad is Inter would always pip me to the title. Like when i was Roma with a great team with Iniesta,Gallas,Jovetic,Totti Etc Inter won it on goal difference twice in the row!

where are you in the league?

Not going to bother with full-match reports as I think there is some glitch on this forum that wont let me for some reason or other. Ah not to worry :D

Oakesy thanks for following. Im currently 2nd in the league, 8 points now behind Inter and 1 point ahead of Juventus. Other than that Roma is 10 points behind us so the title is really between 3 teams.

Hulk is never a player that has appealed to me before, mainly due to his low composure which I find extremley fustrating in Strikers. I signed Llorente for back-up as he was listed at Villerreal and he seemed such a bargain at £1.2M I couldnt resist.

How do you all think im doing so far? I dont think im doing too bad olny for Inter being super-human on the game. What do you all think? :D

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

OP Updated :D

Last edited:
js0ys6.jpg

MAI -THIS STREAK CONTINUE

maicon.jpg

Maicon netted the 61st minute winner in the top of the table clash with Fiorentina. The1-0 result leaves the Viola 8 points behind the champions

Last edited:
Well done mate. Seem to be doing really well especially in the champions league. Could you post a picture of your group please?

Well done mate. Seem to be doing really well especially in the champions league. Could you post a picture of your group please?

Your wish is my command, but FYI I got Stuttgart in the 1st Knockout round. I suppose it was one of the better teams I could of got from the teams in it. Im not sure how I was in 1st, since on head-to-head with Liverpool I drew with them twice, I should of won at Ainfield because they had a really poor team out. But that Spanish guy they call El Nino they play up top :(. I scored at Ainfield though so does Away goals count in the group stage if Head-to-head is even? Maybe somebody could help me out on this or is it a game bug? Im not complaining anyway :D

2r4n1j5.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

js0ys6.jpg

340x.jpg

FIORENTINA IN 7TH HEAVEN

Fiorentina were in rampant mood against 19th placed Catania, coming out winners ina 7-0 win. They have now scored 15 goals against the same opposition this season, following their 8-0 win in September. Alberto Gilardino scored twice and Ricardo Montolivo and Juan Manuel Vargas also netted a brace each, Gamberini score the other

Defo gonna follow.
Always loved the viola
Keep going with it!

Febuary

Results

Italian Cup Semi Final:

Leg 1: Inter Milan 2-2 Fiorentina

Probably the most dramatic game ive playd so far on FM10. I was 2-0 down coming into the last 15 minutes and I thought "Another loss to Inter, whats new?". Then Ibisevic scored a great goal on 79 minutes. I switched to Overload and in the 2nd minute of added time Angel Di Maria equalised with a placed shot from outside the area. I swear when he scored it I shouted YESSS! a bit too loud lol.

Leg 2: Fiorentina 5-1 Inter Milan

No, your eyes do not decive you, here is the proof

mbpxcw.jpg

Struggled against Inter's 4-3-1-2 all season. So I made a fresh new tactic, a wide Diamond in a effort to drag their outside MCs out and allow Montolivo to exloit the space behind Cambiasso. Palombo DM to keep Wesley Sneijder quiet. I was amazed at it, I had made the tactic for defensive purposes more than attacking. It was immense, creating 2 or 3x more CCC than my old 4-2-3-1 deep or my 4-4-2. Ibisevic was a god, finishing everything. Ive finally beaten Inter *does a little dance". Facing Genoa in the Final, drew with them in the league a tough team but it could of been way worse.

Serie A

Fiorentina 1-1 Siena

Disapointing result, was right after the 2-2 draw with Inter.

Udinese 1-2 Fiorentina

A very tough game, used the Wide Diamond I used in the 2nd leg of the IC. Created many CCC but that stupid super keeper bug :(. Montolivo and Gilardino were my scorers

Palermo 0-2 Fiorentina

Again, the wonders of the Wide Diamond. Was still a tough game, Vargas scored a screamer from the edge of the area and Dainelli scored a rebound from a corner.

Fiorentina 1-0 Bologna

Bologna and their poxy 5-1-2-1-2 formation!!! Played my Diamond again and we dominated, Gilardino hadnt got his shooting boots on but he had his heading cap on to score from a corner :). Ibisevic was injured in the champions league game I will write about in a minute.

Champions League

Stuttgart 0-3 Fiorentina

Im in love with this Diamond, all my attempts to make one before were poor. So many CCC, bit lucky though that Stuttgat strikers have such poor composure. Gilardino scored a brace and the other was a own goal by Lehmann from a corner which imo should of been awarded to Llorente, the poor guy has done everything but score for me.

My player of the month

Sebastian Frey

MEGERT_120308_202620_0_0095_r374287.jpg

Made some fantastic stops, most importantly against Inter and Palermo. A top top keeper!.

Current league table

2cmusgj.jpg

Good read so far, keep it going

Good read so far, keep it going

Cheers, The most fun game ive played in FM10 so far. Have a good feeling about it :D

OP updated with updated league table and stats. Playing March as we speak (H)

Well done mate :) doing really well in league and europe. Good read.

I will follow this as I quite like Fiorentina, good luck mate :)

Thanks lads :)

Just to add ive accepted the Algerian managerial post. Mainly because I wanna manage in the WC :D lol.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Thanks lads :)

Just to add ive accepted the Algerian managerial post. Mainly because I wanna manage in the WC :D lol.

So are you still Fiorentina manager?