The Art of Football - Made in Florence

Whats with the stupid double post thing, really getting on my ****.

Look in the OP for the updated league table, since it wont let me edit the post below.

By the way I lost 2-1 to Stuttgart at home, but the 3-0 result from Germany put me through. Forgot to put it down before I posted, cant edit due to that poxy thing grrrr.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Right im getting extremley ticked off now. Wrote the March review only to come back half a hour later and find it has been deleted. WHY MODS! grrr

not going in depth about these results because the nice long one I did was deleted (I want a explaination).

Serie A

Fiorentina 0-1 Genoa
Lazio 1-1 Fiorentina
Fiorentina 1-0 AC Milan
Napoli 0-1 Fiorentina
Parma 2-3 Fiorenitna

Champions League

(1st K. Out Rd 2nd leg) Fiorentina 1-2 Stuttgart (Fiorentina win 4-2 on agg,)
(1/4 Final) AC Milan 0-1 Fiorentina

Player of the Month: Dario Dainelli, Solid at the back, really outperforms his stats.

League Table:

egsd4x.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

My story must be one of the most unpopular on the site lol, might as well continue though. One of the most fun FM games ive played. March was my worst month in terms of results so far. However Im in prime position to make the Champions League Semis and im only 6 points behind Inter with 6 games to go. Need to win them all to have any chance, plus Juventus are on my ***, only 1 point behind now when in Febuary I was 5 points ahead. Other than that its a 5 team battle for 4th. Match reports might return soon :)

Also FYI my Algerian career got off to a nice start. A 3-1 home win vs Iceland in a friendly. Used my 4-2-3-1 which seems to work well with lesser quality players.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:23 PM ----------

4th post in a row by me, I must be a bit sad to continue writing here lol but ill do it since im bored <).

28qpsy.jpg

La Viola Scrape through

Fiorentina-Joy-Stevan-Jovetic-Goal-Liverpool-_2366906.jpg

Fiorentina will now play European champions Barcelona in the semi finals of the Champions League after a memorable aggergate win over AC Milan at the Artemio Franchi. The game started lively and Alberto Gilardino pounced on Dainelli's Header to tep in from 3 yards. Fiorentina pressed on, however AC Milan were the next to score on the half-hour mark, A pin-point through ball from Andrea Pirlo found Pato who's finish was as sublime as the ball. The 2nd half was as edgy as the first, Fiorentina knowing a Rossoneri goal would put them out on away goals and cancel out Gilardino's winner at the San Siro a fortnight ago. Hearts were in mouth's around the Artemio Franchi when 2nd half subsititue Genaro Gattuso thought he has put his team ahead, only for the linesman to rule it out for offside. There was big celebrations by la viola fans and players alike when the referee blew the final whistle, Fiorentina went through 2-1 on Aggregate. The first leg of the Semi-Final versus the Catalans will take place at the Camp Nou on the 21st of April.

Last edited:
Not going to bother with full-match reports as I think there is some glitch on this forum that wont let me for some reason or other. Ah not to worry :D

Oakesy thanks for following. Im currently 2nd in the league, 8 points now behind Inter and 1 point ahead of Juventus. Other than that Roma is 10 points behind us so the title is really between 3 teams.

Hulk is never a player that has appealed to me before, mainly due to his low composure which I find extremley fustrating in Strikers. I signed Llorente for back-up as he was listed at Villerreal and he seemed such a bargain at £1.2M I couldnt resist.

How do you all think im doing so far? I dont think im doing too bad olny for Inter being super-human on the game. What do you all think? :D

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

OP Updated :D

Just for your info, dosen't look like you need him though, here is Hulk's record for Fiorentina for me.

Hulk.jpg

I will admit, it did totally wreck my transfer budget, but he was well worth it, played as a complete forward he totally dominated for me.

Amazing style will follow, i want to manage Ireland in finals aswell if you have the eircom league loaded you get some serious regens

nice story mate i always like the viola... shud try and get veratti tho gets excellent in the future becomes better than fabregas... also check the free agents every now and then u never knw who appears there..

Very detailed thread, don't normally follow threads, but I with keep with this one.

28qpsy.jpg

BARCA TAKE THE ADVANTAGE

gerard+pique+barcelona+real+madrid+2-6+may+2009.jpg

Barcelona 1-0 Fiorentina

Spanish international Gerard Pique gave his team the advantage heading into the 2nd leg of the Champions League Semi-Final with Fiorentina. The Catalans took the lead when Pique pounced on a loose ball in the box after Sebastien Frey saved Ibrahimovic's header at the near post. Barca continued to pressure and Peruvian Juan Manuel Vargas cleared off the line from another Ibrahimovic header. The Catalans withstood heavy pressure to keep the advantage heading into the return leg at Artemio Franchi.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

js0ys6.jpg

Fiorentina win 2nd place final

14650_200x250.jpg

Fiorentina 2-1 Juventus

Any other week in the season this game would of been as tasty as KFC chicken, however with both teams playing in the Champions League Semi-Finals this game became less important, and it showed in the line-ups. Fiorentina left out top-scorer Alberto Gilardino and Juventus left out Arguably Serie A's player of the season in Diego. Fiorentina's decsion to leave out their top marksman seemed to pay dividends when Joseba Llorente finally opened his Fiorentina account when jumping onto a near post cross by Angel Di Maria to head it past the frozen Buffon. Fiorentina went two ahead in the second half when Bosnian Vedad Ibisevic scored a fantastic header following a special run by Arda Turan on the right wing. Juventus were given some hope when Vetran Alesandro Del Piero scored a special free kick from 30 yards. However Lo Viola held on the virtually gaurentee them 2nd place.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

I got some replies, YAY! :D

I forgot to load Ireland as when I started this game, I had no idea how fun it would be. And ill look into Veratii, my scouts hadnt spotted him lol. I will look him up ;).

28qpsy.jpg

EPIC SEES BARCA THROUGH

Barcelona-v-Bayern-Munich-001.jpg

Fiorentina 3-2 Barcelona (3-3 Aggergate, Barcelona win on away goals)

Barcelona will defend their title in Madrid in May after beating Fiorentina in a Semi-Final which will be remembered for a long time. Barcelona looked to be cruising after taking the lead on the night at the Artemio Franchi through a rocket shot from Xavi. Fiorentina put themselves back into the tie when Vedad Ibisevic's cross found Ricardo Montolivo to nod in for his 16th goal of the season.Fiorentina had the champions on the ropes and deserved to take the lead on the night when Manuel Pasqual's low cross found Gilardino who took a touch by Alves and finished into the bottom corner.

The changing point of the game came when Peruvian Juan Manuel Vargas was given a straight red for a dnagerous tackle on Barnetta. The tide turned and La Viola held on untill the 70th minute when Yaya Toure finally split the brick wall which was Fiorentina's defence with a sublime through ball to Ibrahimovic, who showed unbelivable composure under pressure to lob Sebastian Frey inside the box.

La Viola battled hard and leveled the scores on aggregate when 2nd half sub Joseba Llorente, followed up his goal against Juventus in mid-week and leveled the scores on aggregate when Angelo Palombo's through ball broke open the Catalans Offside trap. Llorente showed good composure to place it by Valdes. La Viola continued to pressure the Champions and came so close to winning the tie when Allesandro Gamberini hit the crossbar with a header. Gilardino also had a shot saved by the excellent Valdes. Barcelona will play Juventus, who beat Real Madrid 1-0 on aggregate last night.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

js0ys6.jpg

La Viola win Memorable Final

La-Viola-celebrate-Vargas-penalty-strike_2388855.jpg

Genoa 1-2 Fiorentina

Fiorentina will end their fantastic season with a piece of silverware after finally beating Genoa 2-1 at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome last night. Suprise starter for Genoa, Sergio Floccari put his team ahead after only 12 minutes when a through ball from Hernan Crespo found him 1vs1 with Sebastien Frey, who was powerless to save the great finish from Floccari. Both teams were edgy right up to half time, where La Viola went in behind. The 2nd half they came out a different team and after 51 minutes Zapater was sent off for Genoa after a 2nd bookable offence whe he fouled Arda Turan on the edge of the area. Genoa battled hard and it looked like extra time untill Fiorentina won a corner. And being the top conrer scorere in the Serie A this season they scored the winner from it. Allesandro Gamberini banishing the Barcelona ghosts by smashing the winning goal.

28qpsy.jpg

BARCA TAKE THE ADVANTAGE

gerard+pique+barcelona+real+madrid+2-6+may+2009.jpg

Barcelona 1-0 Fiorentina

Spanish international Gerard Pique gave his team the advantage heading into the 2nd leg of the Champions League Semi-Final with Fiorentina. The Catalans took the lead when Pique pounced on a loose ball in the box after Sebastien Frey saved Ibrahimovic's header at the near post. Barca continued to pressure and Peruvian Juan Manuel Vargas cleared off the line from another Ibrahimovic header. The Catalans withstood heavy pressure to keep the advantage heading into the return leg at Artemio Franchi.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

js0ys6.jpg

Fiorentina win 2nd place final

14650_200x250.jpg

Fiorentina 2-1 Juventus

Any other week in the season this game would of been as tasty as KFC chicken, however with both teams playing in the Champions League Semi-Finals this game became less important, and it showed in the line-ups. Fiorentina left out top-scorer Alberto Gilardino and Juventus left out Arguably Serie A's player of the season in Diego. Fiorentina's decsion to leave out their top marksman seemed to pay dividends when Joseba Llorente finally opened his Fiorentina account when jumping onto a near post cross by Angel Di Maria to head it past the frozen Buffon. Fiorentina went two ahead in the second half when Bosnian Vedad Ibisevic scored a fantastic header following a special run by Arda Turan on the right wing. Juventus were given some hope when Vetran Alesandro Del Piero scored a special free kick from 30 yards. However Lo Viola held on the virtually gaurentee them 2nd place.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

I got some replies, YAY! :D

I forgot to load Ireland as when I started this game, I had no idea how fun it would be. And ill look into Veratii, my scouts hadnt spotted him lol. I will look him up ;).

28qpsy.jpg

EPIC SEES BARCA THROUGH

Barcelona-v-Bayern-Munich-001.jpg

Fiorentina 3-2 Barcelona (3-3 Aggergate, Barcelona win on away goals)

Barcelona will defend their title in Madrid in May after beating Fiorentina in a Semi-Final which will be remembered for a long time. Barcelona looked to be cruising after taking the lead on the night at the Artemio Franchi through a rocket shot from Xavi. Fiorentina put themselves back into the tie when Vedad Ibisevic's cross found Ricardo Montolivo to nod in for his 16th goal of the season.Fiorentina had the champions on the ropes and deserved to take the lead on the night when Manuel Pasqual's low cross found Gilardino who took a touch by Alves and finished into the bottom corner.

The changing point of the game came when Peruvian Juan Manuel Vargas was given a straight red for a dnagerous tackle on Barnetta. The tide turned and La Viola held on untill the 70th minute when Yaya Toure finally split the brick wall which was Fiorentina's defence with a sublime through ball to Ibrahimovic, who showed unbelivable composure under pressure to lob Sebastian Frey inside the box.

La Viola battled hard and leveled the scores on aggregate when 2nd half sub Joseba Llorente, followed up his goal against Juventus in mid-week and leveled the scores on aggregate when Angelo Palombo's through ball broke open the Catalans Offside trap. Llorente showed good composure to place it by Valdes. La Viola continued to pressure the Champions and came so close to winning the tie when Allesandro Gamberini hit the crossbar with a header. Gilardino also had a shot saved by the excellent Valdes. Barcelona will play Juventus, who beat Real Madrid 1-0 on aggregate last night.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

js0ys6.jpg

La Viola win Memorable Final

La-Viola-celebrate-Vargas-penalty-strike_2388855.jpg

Genoa 1-2 Fiorentina

Fiorentina will end their fantastic season with a piece of silverware after finally beating Genoa 2-1 at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome last night. Suprise starter for Genoa, Sergio Floccari put his team ahead after only 12 minutes when a through ball from Hernan Crespo found him 1vs1 with Sebastien Frey, who was powerless to save the great finish from Floccari. Both teams were edgy right up to half time, where La Viola went in behind. The 2nd half they came out a different team and after 51 minutes Zapater was sent off for Genoa after a 2nd bookable offence whe he fouled Arda Turan on the edge of the area. Genoa battled hard and it looked like extra time untill Fiorentina won a corner. And being the top conrer scorere in the Serie A this season they scored the winner from it. Allesandro Gamberini banishing the Barcelona ghosts by smashing the winning goal.

Fantastic cup win mate, you said you were top corner scorer in the league, what corner tactic do you use? Because I can't score from corners to save my life :S

Thanks Frankie :D, big update now lads.

April/May​

Italian Cup

Genoa 1-2 Fiorentina

Woooo won my first piece of silverware, didnt expect any in the 1st season.

Serie A

Fiorentina 1-0 Livorno

Was a much needed win to keep up with Inter.

Fiorentina 3-2 Bari

Bit dissapointing to let them back i nwhen I was 3-0 up. But a win is a win. And Inter Drew :D

Cheivo 1-1 Fiorentina

Probably the result that ended our title challenge, and with Juventus next its not looking good.

Fiorentina 2-1 Juventus

Good win, already posted a match report above.

Fiorentina 3-1 Calgari

Win came after the Barcelona disapointment. Happy that we bounced back with a win.

Sampdoria 1-2 Fiorentina

The day Inter won the title. Needed a win to have any hope of winning the league. Pazzini put them ahead and we equalised with Llorente continuing his good form.

Fiorentina 2-2 Roma

Didnt mean alot, Roma were fighting AC Milan for the last champions league place. I enjoyed this game as I could relax and enjoy it. Frnacesco Totti scored two amazing goals for them, absaloute Legend IRL. Montolivo and Gilardino scored my goals.

Champions League

Fiorentina 1-1 AC Milan

More detailed match report in the posts above. Glad to get through. FYI Ive never ever won the champions league or Euro Cup in all my time on FM and ive been playing since FM 07 lol, been in many Finals and Semi-Finals.

Barcelona 1-0 Fiorentina

The goal that cost me was scored here, and it was very soft. Suppose these things happen in FM.

Fiorentina 3-2 Barcelona

I learned here that we could be a match for any team. Pretty happy with the performance.

Final League Table

29ni4hz.jpg

My player of the year

Ricardo Montolivo

9f54dadef191.jpg

Scoring and Assisting in bucketloads. Went missing for a while near the end of the season though but his first third and last third of the season were brilliant.

Top Goalscorer

Alberto Gilardino
alberto-gilardino.jpg

26 goals in all competitions. Fantastic start to the season, in January Barcelona unsettled him and he couldnt score for a while but near the end of the season he came back to near his best form

Last edited:
Wow 2nd that's amazing!!! Well done mate.
So are you gonna answer my question about the corner tactic?

Wow 2nd that's amazing!!! Well done mate.
So are you gonna answer my question about the corner tactic?

Sorry mate didnt see your question, because of your quote I thought it was duplicating my posts again (This really gets on my **** lol).

Corners have saved me alot this season. Won me the Italian cup and got me out of a few tight spots in the league. Think I scored like 18 from them in the league. I downloaded some random tactic ages ago for 10.1 where I foind this corner tactic. It scores a goal around ever 2 or 3 games.

You can put different players in different positions if you wish, Im just going to give you a simple 4-4-2 base.

Put both croners to aim for "Far post"

Right Back: Stay back
Left Back: Stay back
Best Heading Center Back as Attack Far Post
Other Center Back: Attack Near post
One center midfielder (long shots): Lurk outside area
one center midfielder : Near post flick on
Wingers: Attack ball from deep
Strong striker: Challenge Keeper (Gets a few tap ins aswell)
Other striker: Near post flick on

Enjoy :D

Last edited:
World Cup

acwhn9.jpg

Bit dissapointed, we had ourselves in agreat position coming into the final game....just lose by 1. And we lost by two -_-, story of my life on FM lol. My pre season and a new layout for the OP coming soon. As ive noticed you guys like better layed out stories, not the artistic type myself, at Football yes but literally no lol.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

js0ys6.jpg

LA VIOLA REVEAL NEW SIGNINGS

Oscar+Cardozo.jpg
15689_200x250.jpg

Fiorentina revealed their new signing at the Artemio Franchi on a glorious Italian summers day yesterday. Paraguian Oscar Cardozo and Spaniard Cesar Azpilicueata both signed for the club yesterday. Cardozo's deal is believed to have been around the £10M mark while Azpilicueata's deal had yet to be confirmed. La Viola will hope that these signings can boost there title challenge this season. It has also raised doubts of Joseba Llorente's future at the Artemio Franchi, as he is reportedly yet to settle in Italy following his January move from Spanish club Villarreal. Elsewhere Juventus have confirmed the signing of Cristian Zapata from Udinese for a undisclosed fee, apparently they came out top in a bidding war with Fiorentina and English giants Chelsea.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

So what do you guys think of my signings :D. Need another back-up winger and im complete I think. Real Madrid have transfer listed Granero for £7M. Might go for him.

good story glad ur not the top teams in italy ( well i kno fiorentina are a biggish side but not as big as both milans, juventus and roma) and it look like ur team could develop into one of the biggest teams

Sorry mate didnt see your question, because of your quote I thought it was duplicating my posts again (This really gets on my **** lol).

Corners have saved me alot this season. Won me the Italian cup and got me out of a few tight spots in the league. Think I scored like 18 from them in the league. I downloaded some random tactic ages ago for 10.1 where I foind this corner tactic. It scores a goal around ever 2 or 3 games.

You can put different players in different positions if you wish, Im just going to give you a simple 4-4-2 base.

Put both croners to aim for "Far post"

Right Back: Stay back
Left Back: Stay back
Best Heading Center Back as Attack Far Post
Other Center Back: Attack Near post
One center midfielder (long shots): Lurk outside area
one center midfielder : Near post flick on
Wingers: Attack ball from deep
Strong striker: Challenge Keeper (Gets a few tap ins aswell)
Other striker: Near post flick on

Enjoy :D

Lol mate
Thanks for the advice might give it a go :)

mateee, lookin at that inter result, that is fantastic.
you're doing a great job here.
could you possibly give me the info for that tactic you used against inter, I might need it here. :D
ta.

Good moves in the transfer market mate they should do well for you! You should look at Marco Verratti and Khouma Babacar both very young and will become good

weird lol. i thought babacar plays for fiorentina, though i may be wrong lol. will follow :D

LOL I lost my trail of thought hehe I was typing that quickly I forgot which team he was! HA