The Aston Villa Thread

GodCubed

Mod-ern Day Legend
Reaction score
Aston_Villa_Logo.jpg

Because everyone else has a thread and dammit, I don't care if I'm the only Villa fan on this board. If other clubs have one than we're having one too.

Things to like about Villa:
  • We're a non-threatening top 6 contender (maybe)
  • We have lots of Birmingham-bred players...
  • ...and thus post-match interviews are hilarious
  • Our mascot is funny
  • We have Darren Bent
  • On that note, our players have punderful names
  • Joss doesn't support them
  • I support them
  • Dots&Crosses supports them and does features on them regularly
  • We let homeless people live in our stands
  • We take the vitriol directed at us by West Brom supporters with bemusement and questions as to whether anyone's actually heard of them before
  • We play prettier football than Birmingham
  • Also, we're actually in the Prem
  • Barry Bannan won a header against Nikola Zigic
  • We bully small people in inventive new ways:

355546588.jpg

We have Emile Heskey.....

nuff said XD

Top 8 next season for you I reckons.

Haha.

I'll get things started (maybe - someone might have got there before me by the time I post, but no one's posted as I type this)...

I think N'Zogbia will be a great signing for Villa; the combination of the more direct threat of N'Gogbia cutting in from the left and diving for penalties against Arsenal with the quick, ENGLISH, pwoper winga Marc Albrighton on the right. I think it will Albrighton up (I thought of that one myself) for Villa next season tbh. No more mid-table mediocrity, think they have a genuine shot at Europe. They won't last long, of course, what with the foreign media not being able to understand a word they're saying.

I didn't think it was possible to have a worse thread than The Everton Thread. Thanks for proving me wrong GodCubed. ;)

We have Emile Heskey.....

nuff said XD

Top 8 next season for you I reckons.

Knew I'd forgotten something!

I reckon so too.

Haha.

I'll get things started (maybe - someone might have got there before me by the time I post, but no one's posted as I type this)...

I think N'Zogbia will be a great signing for Villa; the combination of the more direct threat of N'Gogbia cutting in from the left and diving for penalties against Arsenal with the quick, ENGLISH, pwoper winga Marc Albrighton on the right. I think it will Albrighton up (I thought of that one myself) for Villa next season tbh. No more mid-table mediocrity, think they have a genuine shot at Europe. They won't last long, of course, what with the foreign media not being able to understand a word they're saying.

***** stole my line! :O

I think this season is a pivotal one. After last season's rebuilding effort, we need to either establish ourself or accept a slide back into mid table. Hopefully we can challenge for the Europa League, but there are better teams in Spurs and 'Pool ahead of us. Big job for AMac. A trophy would be nice too...

I didn't think it was possible to have a worse thread than The Everton Thread. Thanks for proving me wrong GodCubed. ;)

Well, I felt I had to outdo Joss' pathetic attempt at a thread. ;)

Well, I felt I had to outdo Joss' pathetic attempt at a thread. ;)

There was nothing more than "The greatest team the world has ever seen" that needed to be said. I don't need to tell people why they should like Arsenal, where Arsenal is based, or that we play prettier football than our rivals. Everyone knows that, because everyone's heard of Arsenal - unlike Villa, who are only known as "that Birmingham team with that black guy"

There was nothing more than "The greatest team the world has ever seen" that needed to be said. I don't need to tell people why they should like Arsenal, where Arsenal is based, or that we play prettier football than our rivals. Everyone knows that, because everyone's heard of Arsenal - unlike Villa, who are only known as "that Birmingham team with that black guy"

On the other hand, the graphic at the bottom of the OP will look really stupid ​if the window continues as it is going. ;)

Point 5 will be invalid come Jan.. :p.

N'Zogbia will be good signing but he had his best sesaon cutting in from RW, can Albrighton play as LW?

Point 5 will be invalid come Jan.. :p.

Go away. :p

N'Zogbia will be good signing but he had his best sesaon cutting in from RW, can Albrighton play as LW?

No way. N'Zogbia will almost certainly be a LWer, given free reign to drift inside whenever he wants.

With Big Eck at the helm I look forward to greeting you at the Riverside next year... You know where the Football League thread is, right? ;)

With Big Eck at the helm I look forward to greeting you at the Riverside next year... You know where the Football League thread is, right? ;)

Oh hai, how's that clinical striker Kris Boyd doing? :)

Last I heard tanning up in Turkey, we sold him on. Lita and McDonald will see us through, would love Delfouneso on loan. Last loan we took from AVFC was Osbourne...Oh dear. I think Wiltord has a few years left, hope we bring him in.

Last I heard tanning up in Turkey, we sold him on. Lita and McDonald will see us through, would love Delfouneso on loan. Last loan we took from AVFC was Osbourne...Oh dear. I think Wiltord has a few years left, hope we bring him in.

We loaned Osbourne out to you? Blimey... sorry about that. ;)

Reckon Delfouneso will probably be involved in first-team action this year, would be disappointed to see him loaned out. Andy Weimann more likely to leave on loan, and he's about on a part with the Fonz.

villa park is my 2nd favourite ground in england! a great away:) apart from the food:(