The Aston Villa Thread

Reasons to love Villa: Joss doesnt support them. Love it :p

Interesting to see how Villa do next season without Young and Downing. Still think they will do well and will finish in the top 8.
Also this thread should see more activity than the Spurs thread :p

Heard N'Zogbia to Villa is a done deal..

Very good signing..

Can't see this being a popular thread at all ;)

VILLA WHOOOO?

What a pointless thread, what's the point of making a thread for a team like Villa?! jesus christ...*whistle*

Anyway...

i think bent will not score goals.

i think n'zogbia will a) be **** b) deal falls through, stays at wigan and does awesome.

i think qpr will sign all thier players then sell them on to west brom for a combined fee of 50k.

i think they will suck.

oh yeah and:
article-0-0ACB6E6B000005DC-708_468x286.jpg

Last edited:
:( I do not deserve this abuse!

You people are mean

:( I do not deserve this abuse!

You people are mean

It's karma for the Joss abuse.

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish is keen to sign Tottenham defender Alan Hutton but must fund the move by selling defenders Habib Beye, Luke Young and Carlos Cuellar. - Mirror

​Habib Beye would be such a huge casualty!

It's karma for the Joss abuse.

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish is keen to sign Tottenham defender Alan Hutton but must fund the move by selling defenders Habib Beye, Luke Young and Carlos Cuellar. - Mirror

​Habib Beye would be such a huge casualty!

Not as much of a casualty as Alan Hutton would be ;)

Dion Dublin is an awful co-commentator/analyst. He never seems to say anything remotely interesting/worth-while...

Just won 1 - 0 Vs Blackburn in the Asia cup. Pretty good game.

Not as much of a casualty as Alan Hutton would be ;)

Dion Dublin is an awful co-commentator/analyst. He never seems to say anything remotely interesting/worth-while...

I like Hutton.

On the other hand, Dion Dublin did invent his own instrument, so he's cool right?

Can't wait to see how Albrighton does replacing Downing. Big season for him.

no villa let reo coker leave in may so villa didn't loose him

Calum is correct. He wanted wages above what we were prepared to give him, so we let him leave. A shame, but amusing to see that after his agent had been touting him to the likes of Milan and Napoli he went to, uh, Bolton.

Decent enough result today, I think. God-awful game, mind. As ever, match report up here.

Btw, feel free to marvel at Shay Given's awesomeness, everyone.http://dotsandcrosses.wordpress.com/2011/08/13/fulham-1-1-aston-villa-match-report/

Given was awesome, as was Heskey. N'Zogbia had a bad game and Gabby couldn't keep his temperament. The defence looked good and Warnock put in a few critical blocks but wasn't that good going forward.

Given 9
Young 7
Dunne 7
Collins 7
Warnock 7
Heskey 7
Petrov 6
Delph 7
N'Zogbia 5
Gabby 6
Bent 6
------------------------
Albrighton 6
Clark N/A​

Was an awful game to be fair.

Last edited:
glad shay given is once again playing. i can expect some clean sheets up and running.

Last edited:
Given <3

He's just so, so awesome.

I was surprised we got him, purely 'cause it makes so much **** sense I wouldn't expect it from Villa. His positioning is top-notch, and his shot-stopping and reflexes are some of the best in the world. His weakness is claiming crosses, of course, but Richard Dunne looked imperious today, so maybe it won't be such a problem.