The Aston Villa Thread

Great, another former Fergie love child to roll over for him. Only joking would be a great appointment, seems as if he has a real knack for this managing lark and this is a massive step up for the lad.

Think Solsjaer would be a fantastic coup, he will manage United one day!

Everyone that has spent any time around him says he has a thirst for knowledge and a real desire to learn new things. Added to that, the hunger to succeed that United instills in all of their players, and he could well flourish at Villa. I really hope they make him a long term project though, he will need that time to learn, it's a big step up with immense pressures.

Hopefully he'll do well, and maybe loan a few youngsters from United to bolster their ranks - I'd much prefer Fabio to have a season at Villa than move to Benfica.

Ole will be our Pep. I'll let him have 2 or 3 years at Villa first though...he'll get them back into Europe.

Think Solsjaer would be a fantastic coup, he will manage United one day!

Everyone that has spent any time around him says he has a thirst for knowledge and a real desire to learn new things. Added to that, the hunger to succeed that United instills in all of their players, and he could well flourish at Villa. I really hope they make him a long term project though, he will need that time to learn, it's a big step up with immense pressures.

Hopefully he'll do well, and maybe loan a few youngsters from United to bolster their ranks - I'd much prefer Fabio to have a season at Villa than move to Benfica.

Yes please. United and Villa are already on decent terms, I'd heard, with negotiators on United's side garnering the club a lot of goodwill with their fairness and patience in the Ashley Young deal, and Solskjaer coming in would only add to that.

Fabio would suit us down to the ground. We need a left-back, and Enda Stevens needs time to develop, so he'd get plenty of game time.

Ole will be our Pep. I'll let him have 2 or 3 years at Villa first though...he'll get them back into Europe.

Doubt that. Since Villa were challenging for fourth, the landscape of the Prem has changed. Yes, the squad is good, but it's nowhere near good enough to challenge the likes of Spurs, Liverpool or even Everton for fifth and sixth.

Oh, and Stephen Ireland has won Villa's unofficial Player of the Season award. Good choice, I think, he's been very effective indeed recently.

seems a bit unknown now. I've heard that he wants to stay at current club but that also he hasn't had an official bid from Villa so it's unknown if he will come or not

seems a bit unknown now. I've heard that he wants to stay at current club but that also he hasn't had an official bid from Villa so it's unknown if he will come or not

From what I've heard - from good sources - Villa haven't offered him the job. As such, he hasn't turned it down because he hasn't had the opportunity. We're playing the field, looking around for managers, and whilst he's not a dead cert OGS is definitely on the radar.

d1Jf9.jpg

It sucks for Molde, because the main sponsor said he'd stop sponsoring them after Solskjaer's antics, essentially removing 1/3 of their money. A lot of people are ****** off he left for informal talks the day before a game.

[h=1]Solskjaer flattered by interest[/h]http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/7769461/Solskjaer-flattered-by-interest

He definitely still wants it.. :p

Sources close to the player claim he will make the move once they reach the summer break in the Norweigen season (June 1), although he hasn't officially been offered the position yet. - Jan Aage Fjortoft

'Tis a sad day. Emile Ivanhoe Heskey has left the club. :'(

would laugh if Leeds sign him :p Bates tries to appease the angry Leeds fans with the 'luxury' signing of Heskey

Based on twitter: "Paul Lambert walks out on #ncfc after bust up on being refused permission to talk to #avfc who will now look to appoint him as new manager".

I think SSN says there were rumours he's walked out but nothing for certain. Would be a good appointment for Villa if he does go