burkeyoa

Reaction score
This will be my last story for FM10 and I hope to make it an epic! I will be using the 10.3 patch and be aiming to take over the lowest ranked of the big four Midlands clubs which is West Bromwich Albion and turn them in to the most successful and biggest club in the Midlands. I hope everyone will take the time to follow my story as am sure you will enjoy it and please comment :D

attachment.php

Roberto Di Matteo Leaves the Albion

Sky Sports News can officially bring you the breaking news of the summer so far and that is that Roberto Di Matteo (pictured below) has sensationally walked out on West Bromwich Albion three weeks into Pre-Season. This news comes as a great shock to the fans and players of the Midlands club as the former Chelsea legend had only been in his post a matter of months.

dimatteo0807get_786849c.jpg

We can now bring you a statement from the West Brom website and it says:

We are very sorry to lose a manager of Roberto's standard but we have to respect his decision. Roberto came to us yesterday and stated that we could not continue with his post as he had not expected the job to be who it was. It is never easy to replace a manager at a football club but we are grateful for Roberto to have made his decision before the start of the new season which gives us time to get his replacement in position and ready to go before August. I would like the fans to be patient was he conduct the search for our new boss and ask them to get behind our knew man however it may be. We would like to thank Roberto for his work at the club and honesty and wish him all the best in the future

The bookies have wasted no time in drawing up a market with former Tottenham manager Martin Jol installed as favourite.

Paddy%20Power%20Logo.jpg

Next WBA Manager

Martin Jol.....................3/1
Alan Shearer................5/1
Mark Hughes...............5/1
Roy Keane..................10/1
Kenny Jacket...............20/1
Paul Lambert...............33/1
Sven Goran Eriksson..50/1
Adrian Chiles...............1000/1

Adrian-Chiles1.jpg

Adrian Chiles 1000/1

good luck mate, enjoyed your other stories so will definatly follow this one :p

Looking good Burkeyoa just one thing wheres the Bristol one gone.

Cheers SwineFlu :D I finished it up yesterday as I had came to the end of my second season and stayed up and felt I wanted a new challenge!

I give your old one a rating of ***** and this one I hope is going to be even better I will follow.

I've met Adrian Chiles in some little village pub in Reading :D Lovely bloke.
Good luck! I'll follow any Midlands side apart from Wolverhamptscum Wanderers! ;)

good luck mate

Thanks mate

I give your old one a rating of ***** and this one I hope is going to be even better I will follow.

Thanks id say it will be ;)

Adrian Chiles oO)

Good luck !!!

Glad you liked it :D

Good luck mate. I really liked your bristol one

Thanks mate hope you will like and follow this one

I've met Adrian Chiles in some little village pub in Reading :D Lovely bloke.
Good luck! I'll follow any Midlands side apart from Wolverhamptscum Wanderers! ;)

haha! Thanks mate am following your midlands story as well ;)

(hoping to get an update done soon to those interested :D)

I am delighted to announce that I have been approached for the manager role at WBA and i have accepted :D

View attachment 99783

West Brom Announce Unknown Manager

Sky Sports News Sources today understand that after two weeks of searching for a high profile manager the West Brom board have taken a bold risk by installing an unknown manager with no previous managerial experience.

The WBA faithful are said to be less than impressed with Jeremy Peace and the WBA board. The feeling among the fans is they would have preferred to see a more experienced manager like Mark Hughes or Martin Jol take charge at the club.

west-brom-liverpool-pic-getty-image-5-973084881.jpg

The WBA fans are said to be less than impressed

We can now bring you the statement from West Brom which says:

We are delighted to have secured a young bright manager who we believe will take the club forward to the next level. We are fully aware that this appointment will come as a major surprise to the football world as well as the Albion fans but I will ask the fans to get behind the manager who we feel can become a great manager in the future and in a few years time the fans will look back at this appointment as the turning point in the clubs history. After going through all the possible revenues of a new manager everyone at the club agreed this was the best path to follow and as it was the path with the least risk. Finally we would wish the new boss every success and hope he can take the club to the heights we believe we can achieve.

It will certainly be interesting to see how the Irish man gets on in his first job in management and if we can take the Midlands club to the next level.

West Brom Club Overview

West-Bromwich-Albion.png

West Bromwich Albion Football Club also known as West Brom, The Baggies, Albion, The Albion, The Throstles or WBA, are an English professional association football club based in West Bromwich, West Midlands. The club was formed in 1878 by workers from Salter's Spring Works in West Bromwich, and have played their home games at The Hawthorns since 1900. The clubs main rivals include Wolves, Aston Villa, Birmingham. The clubs current chairman is Jeremy Peace. In recent years the club has been called the yo-yo club having got promoted then relegated the following season for the last four seasons.

The Hawthorns Stadium has a maximum capacity of 26200 and is in very good condition and the club has recently installed under soil heating. The club also has good training and youth facilities.

West_brom_stadium.JPG

After a lot of discussions with the board since my appointment we have both came to the decision that the club should be aiming for Promotion back to the Premier League. The board have backed my ambitions by giving me a transfer kitty of 2.2 Million to strengthen the squad.

After looking at the West Brom squad I have noticed a few things. My first impression of the squad is very good and I don't think to many new faces will be needed in order to get out of this division. The amount of quality in wide positions is great and so my tactics will involve wingers.

I have also highlighted some areas I would like to strengthen before the season starts. These areas are firstly a defensive midfielder to sit in front of the back four and break up play. Secondly I think we will need one more Striker to pose a real threat to teams defensives. Lastly I will be in the market for a centre back to fight for a first team place.

I have also wasted no time in making experienced shot stopper Scott Carson as the club captain with Graham Dorrans as his vice.

car.jpg

One of my aims when taking over West Brom was to make them the most successful club from the Midlands and to out shine our rivals. To do that I will need to get back to footballs big time as our main three rivals, Villa, Birmingham and Wolves are playing in the Premier League.

(Pre Season and Transfer Update coming later keep following :D)

A couple of good updates there mate, had my fingers crossed for Adrian Chiles though :( :p

Also, how do you make 2 posts in succession?

Tried everything but always just adds onto the previous post !!!

A couple of good updates there mate, had my fingers crossed for Adrian Chiles though :( :p

Also, how do you make 2 posts in succession?

Tried everything but always just adds onto the previous post !!!

Didn't think he would want to come away from the ITV sofa haha

You just have to type in the title of story in the title bar and it posts a new post...hope that helps.

Cheers for following mate :D

Great start, love the layout, will definitely be following.

Didn't think he would want to come away from the ITV sofa haha

You just have to type in the title of story in the title bar and it posts a new post...hope that helps.

Cheers for following mate :D

True oO)

Aaaah, a title, genius yet simple at the same time, cheers !!!

Great stuff mate, will follow! Looks very interesting :D