The Battle of the Toon - A Joint Story

Dont jump the gun mate, remember I have completed this season, and its only September ;) I gave away a few hints in that update which you must have missed. But at this point I think I was sitting 3rd or 4th.

Carroll not playing? Oooh, controversial! But I don't think a player's past form should mean anyhting if he isn't doing well now or others are better, so well done!

This is amazing guys Keep It Up !

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Next update ?

great update boys,
could i ask : what tactic/formation are you both using?

ps. im following :)

Umm, I'm using a 4-4-2 Diamond, like so:

:wub: Ochoa :wub:
Rafinha - Cahill - Coloccini - Enrique
Gago
Jonas ----------------------- Hlousek
Riqulme/Pacheco
Kalou - Carroll​

Yeah, that's my formation :)

I was using a 4-5-1, with all my play going through jonas and Ben arfa cutting in and shooting. It seen jonas net 19 times in all comps. In the season I'm updating I switched to a 4-4-2. It worked FAR better, as you will no doubt see if you follow.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Jonas : I need out of Newcastle!

Updated by Robert Ferguson 1/10/10

Jonas Gutierrez - The Argentine (above) wants out ASAP.

Jonas Gutierrez has broken Newcastle hearts today by stating he needs a move AWAY from Newcastle. He stated that he doesn't care if its a loan or a permanent deal, he just needs to leave Newcastle for a littlw while come January.

This news comes as a major shock to many who purchased Newcastle's home jersey with Jonas on the back following the wonderful season he had last year. He netted 19 times in the league, making him the top goalscoring midfielder in the F.A Premier League. He also heavily assisted Andy Carroll as he netted 20 times.

But the Argentine stated to BBCsport that things had turned slightly sour in the North of the country. He added that a move away for several months might help him to get his head straight, something he stated was more important than playing for any team.

Todd told the media the following day that he had spoken to Jonas and was looking at the possible options that they had available. He admittied he can't stop the winger leaving, and wouldn't if he has personal problems. Right now though a loan deal seems the most viable. With Jonas carrying a heavy £55,000 a week contract, it might be hard for Scotsman Todd to shift him.

Would you be sad to see Spiderman leave? Or do you feel he isn't loyal? If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

I went through the same problem in the first season :/ onlya Real Madrid bid for himm, I raised it to 20mil and they backed off,he is now happy :D

Yeah, you got a pickle on yer hands here toddzy, I can't think what to do. Any feeder clubs decent enough for him to accept a move?

Only Southampton. So no feeder club. Might update this tonight, otherwise Ill take notes of my scores and goalscorers and heavy update in college tomorrow!

First day back at school for me so no updates until later :( But I only have a nine week term, and then summer holidays :D Off-topic :S

Going to update this in college, so look out in the morning! And for strikerv9dutch, look out for this tonight :) haha!

bbc20sports.png

Newcastle Team Interview - Secrets Revealed

We here at BBCSports have asked the Newcastle United team for an interview, and we have got it here for you now. 3 days ago we e-mailed Mr. John Beresford, (Newcastle Manager), and asked for an interview. His response, why don't we get a team interview? So yesterday, I, Damien Martinez, sat in a room with stars such as Guillermo Ochoa, Adam Hlousek, Andy Carroll and the rest of the Newcastle first team, and I had the best 2 or so hours of my life.

Damien Martinez (DM) - My first question is to Mr. John Beresford. When you first took over Newcastle, did you expect to be sitting 8th in the table after only a year and a half?

John - Well of course, with a squad as naturally talented as this, I knew we could do it.

DM - My next question is for Guillermo [Ochoa], being one of the first signings Mr. Beresford made since he took over, do you think you have you helped improve the team since arriving?

Guillermo - Sure, a world class keeper such as myself. [Laughs] No only joking, I learnt a lot from Steve Harper before he left, he helped me a lot with my game, and with the quality of the defence in this side, it's always fairly easy for me in goals.

DM - But you do tend to pull out the eccentric saves quite often, why?

Guillermo - Well being a short... ish goalkeeper, I need to jump and dive around the goal a lot, if I was taller I would be a lot more... conserved in goals.

DM - Gary [Cahill] and Fabricio [Colocinni], how do well do you two feel you have gelled this year, with Gary as a new player?

Gary - Fabricio speaks very good English, so it was easy to communicate at first, and ever since then, I feel we have settled into a style of defending where our different skills complement each other.

Fabricio - Everything Gary said is true, but with John [Beresford] rotating the squad, it allows us opportunities to play with most of the centrehalves in the squad, and I feel that whoever steps in, they can easily transition into a supporting role or a more defensive role, depends on what's needed.

DM - Steven [Taylor], how do you feel about this?

Steven - I agree with the other two, John does keep us rotating, so I have had a chance to play with everyone at the back. I think Tamas [Kadar] and Gonzalo [Jara] feel the same.

Tamas - Yes, but being so young, I don't expect to get much time in the first team, but I do get the chance to play with everyone, and it is a wonderful experience.

Gonzalo - Well, being new at the club, it was difficult to play at the start, but these guys are so helpful, it's quite easy to blend right in and play your best.

DM - Rafinha, you are a new signing here at St.James' Park, how has settling down in Newcastle been?

Rafinha - Well, the players really helped me at first, especially Juan Roman [Riquelme], Fernando [Gago], Jonas, Fabricio and Guillermo, seeing as we are all from the Americas. We also all helped Pablo Rodriguez and Gonzalo settle in when he came, so I feel that the Newcastle team is very close, and it shows on the field.

DM - Jose [Enrique], there are a few Spanish players in this side, how do you guys get on with the "Americas Group"?

Jose - I don't think there are any groups, we all get along, but true, when it comes to competitions, the "Americas" go together, so do the English, and then the rest really, like Adam [Hlousek], Peter [Lovenkrands] and Salomon [Kalou] amongst others.

DM - Interesting! Adam, you are being labelled as one of the world's youngest superstars, and are being followed by clubs such as Real Madrid and Man Utd. What do you think of this?

Adam - I don't care at the moment, I just want to settle into my football, and I'm really enjoying my time here at Newcastle at the moment, I'm looking forward to playing for them for a long time.

DM - Good to hear. Andy [Carroll], with your large tally of goals so far this season, you are sitting at the top of the Premier League goalscoring charts, do you think you can win the Top Goalscorer award?

Carroll - If I don't get injured, if the squad plays well, and if I get a few easy opportunities, definitely. A large part of my goalscoring is the assists I get. The corner service for me is incredible, and every single through ball is amazing. I only do 10% of it all.

DM - One last question, for Mr. Beresford. With your squad still so young and ever improving, where do you see your side in two and half years?

John - Facing Real Madrid in the Champions League final somewhere in Italy, with Andy Carroll scoring the winner in extra time off a corner.

DM - Well thanks for giving me the time to chat with you guys. Good luck with the rest of the season, and good luck on getting into Europe, and good luck for the Premier League season.

How well can Newcastle do this year? Give us your prediction of where they will finish in the Premier League. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.​

Damien Martinez​

Mate it worked really well, trust me. Great update. Really liked that, you should do it more often!

Still not quite as good as your interviews :S I just wanted to change it up a bit :)