The Battle of the Toon - A Joint Story

Fantastic from both of you. :)

Not been on the story section in a while, but this story looks very good! I'll keep looking back!

Absolutely brilliant toddzy, excellent writing! Any more updates from you soon?

Tomorrow morning most likely, having a shot on FIFA tonight! Hoping for an update from you mate!

bbc20sports.png

Newcastle continue on their shaky Premier League path in October

With only one win so far this season, Newcastle have not had the greatest start, but they have only lost one game as well, so the question is, when it comes to similar teams, how will they perform?

An away trip to Bolton gave Newcastle the perfect opportunity to pick up the second win of the season, and so they came out all guns blazing. Andy Carroll put the Magpies up within the first 5 minutes with a beautiful header off a corner. He found the net again with 15 minutes left until half time, and Newcastle was coasting. Bolton manager Owen Coyle must have been inspiring at half time, because the second half was all Bolton, but they couldn't find a way past Ochoa until the last minute of injury time, and by then, the game was all over. An Andy Carroll brace gave Newcastle their second win of the season, and they headed back to Newcastle all smiles.

Andy+Carroll.jpeg

9 goals in 9 Premier League games for Andy Carroll

The Premier League's next round saw Newcastle take on Aston Villa at St.James' Park, and this would be a real test of Newcastle's improvement. In the early stages, Newcastle impressed their home fans, they attacked with flair and pace and defended in numbers. They had a number of shots, but most were very poor and missed the target, and those that were "good", went straight at Brad Guzan. In the second half the game really evened out, Newcastle seemed to have spent all their energy, and Ashley Young pounced to make it 1-0 to Villa. After that nothing looked like changing, and Villa went home with the 3 points.

ashley-young-aston-villa-fc-2054896-400-300.jpg

Devastating the Newcastle fans

The last game of a relaxing month, was not relaxing at all. A trip to the "Theatre of Dreams", Old Trafford, to face struggling Manchester United. Within the first half hour, Man Utd were up 2-0 through Chicharito and Anderson. Berbatov made it 3 after half time, but after that, Newcastle sprang into action. Jonas got the first goal, and the comeback looked on. The second came through Coloccini, and Newcastle had 15 minutes to score a goal and tie up the game. They pushed up the field, and Manchester's early dominance had disappeared. Edwin van der Sar held strong in the goal for Man Utd, and they just escaped with a 3-2 win, heartbreaking for all Magpies fans.

A pretty good month considering the opposition, always tough to play Villa, Bolton is excellent at home, and Man Utd, well the name says it all. Now sitting in 14th, Newcastle have dropped, but they have a game in hand on some teams. Next month involves 5 games, Tottenham, Chelsea, Portsmouth, Cardiff and Birmingham, so a real possibility of 9 points next month. A side piece of transfer news, after the Man Utd game, Anderson revealed that he had become, "angered", by Sir Alex Fergurson, and may be looking to move in the future, and Newcastle looked interested after the midfielder impressed them in the close game, however they may not have the funds, he might move on loan, or a player exchange.

View attachment 109314

The Man of the Month has gone to Hlousek. No one really stood out this month, but Hlousek has been one step ahead of the rest, and he really deserves the award.

View attachment 109313

Can Newcastle regain form, or will they battle for relegation? If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Hmm, pretty average matey! I really hope things pick up for you :S The Aston Villa result must have been a right bummer like :S

Right bummer like? Does that mean a bit upsetting, or something? Haha I don't understand :(

Great stuff both of you!

Haven't had time to comment but really enjoying reading this. :)

loved the interview, class move :D and also can't believe how good carroll is. If I was buying players on my chelsea game I would easily by him ha.
how is dani pacheco working out for you, cos I had him in a liverpool fle and he was AWESOME

He's doing fairly well, I think that if he gets a bit of tutoring from riquelme, which i might get him to do, he can really turn out world class, he's shown his creative flair in his matches so far :)

Newcastle reveil new kits!

Newcastle home and away kit this year. They stick to classic black and white stripes on the home, whilst on the away they stick again to blue this year.

BBCsport have today proudly announced that they have became Newcastle United's main sponser on the home and away kits. This comes after Gazprom pulled the plug early on their 2 year deal to invest more into German side, Schalke. With Schalke winning the Bundesliga and playing UEFA CL football this season, they seen this as a move to make more money.

But we here at BBCsport see this as a great oppourtunity to sponser a great club. We have penned a 6 year deal, with no buy clause to end the contract early. The fee argeed between BBCsport and Newcastle is in the region of £30million, on average £5million a season to have BBCsport on the kit.

Newcastle again stuck with Adidas sponsership this season, and their team have created some very nice kits. Many fans have stated that they adore the new away kit, and it is already a must buy in the shops. This doesn't surprise us here at BBCsport.

Todd has also stated he himself loves the new kits and has already met Adidas representatives along with Mike Ashley in order to thrash out a new deal for the club. No news yet on that though.

Newcastle play Blackburn Rovers in their 1st game in the new kits after a very late release. But the fans have stated that they were very much worth it. If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Great kits toddzy, I will probably have a few updates in a few hours :)

bbc20sports.png

The Final Stretch - 4 Months to Go

With 4 months to go in the Premier League, we here at BBCSports have decided to review Newcastle United's season up until the end of January. Sitting in 14th at the start November, things could really only go up for the Magpies, but John "Beresford and Co." were just about to find out how hard Premier League life really is.

November

The month of November was tough, but Newcastle's form started to pick up, and with a few opportunities to travel up the table, Newcastle showed good form, but somehow failed to move up the table.. They ended the month in 12th position after two draws, one with Chelsea and one with Tottenham, two wins, one against Cardiff and one against Portsmouth, with their only loss of the month coming against Birmingham. The one shining light for Newcastle throughout November, was the form of Adam Hlousek, who continued to impress in a good month for the Toon. Beresford said at the end of the month, "I don't understand how we can play so well, win some games, draw some games, and against big opponents, and still only sit in 12th. We deserve to be a lot higher than that, but at least we have closed the gap, and now we only need two wins to get as high as 7th or so. I just hope that the team doesn't lose morale, as we have had a good month, and if we can continue, we can go on to Europe."

a_850396.jpg

Adam Hlousek is becoming a key figure at St.James' Park

December

Then came the Christmas month of course, December rolled around the corner, and John Beresford was probably looking forward to a new year for his team, but he still had to go through one more month. Newcastle remained undefeated in December, a good draw against Man City, another draw against Everton, and 3 wins against Bristol City, Bilackburn and West Brom. Newcastle were regaining their form, and the team really started to look like a unit. They could really push on into the European places now. The side was sitting 8th in the table, rising 4 places in the table after gaining 11 points in December. It was the perfect Christmas gift for Beresford, and he was quoted as saying, "Finally Newcastle are getting the table position they deserve. I have had a rough year, but the board has confidence in me, especially since I revealed I would not be interested in the Aston Villa job." Mike Ashley was reported to be very happy with Beresford in recent times, especially since he showed his loyalty to the Magpies. Andy Carroll just pipped Adam Hlousek to the Man of the Month award for December. Some top notch performances from them both really gave Newcastle the lift they needed, especially after key injuries to players such as Jonas and Rafinha.

andy-carroll_gty_1365032c.jpg

Andy Carroll - A class act

January

Finally the new year came for Newcastle, but it was not welcome. A bad start with a loss to Man City in the FA Cup, a heavy 4-0 defeat to West Ham and a 2-2 draw with Wolves in the Premier League, Beresford was not happy. To make things worse, they had to face league leaders Arsenal next, and they lost yet again, a 2-0 defeat. They then went away to Stoke and lost yet again as they went down 4-2 to the Potters. Finally, in their second last game of the month, they got a win, a very good 2-0 win away at Wigan. Jonas looked very good on his return for the Toon. The last game of the month was a trip to Anfield, and Newcastle scraped a point, as goals from Andy Carroll and Steven Gerrard settled the 1-1 draw. A very busy month for Newcastle, and for the second year running, John Beresford has shown his disapproval of the FA for scheduling 7 matches in some months, while in March his side only has 2 matches. He was again warned for his behaviour, and this time he has been told he is on his, "last strike." Still sitting in 8th after only picking up 5 points in January is a bit lucky for Newcastle, but we know they won't be complaining. The Man of the Month award has gone to Andy Carroll again, who just sneaked the award ahead of Hlousek and Ochoa. The only big transfers of the winter were the departures of aging duo, Steve Harper and Robert Pires for a combined fee of £840,000,000. Jonas and Adam Hlousek almost left the Toon, as moves to Real Madrid were rumoured, but nothing evolved as Beresford rejected a £7,500,000 bid for Hlousek, and no offer was officially made for Jonas.

jonas.jpg

On his way out? Jonas Gutierrez

With 4 months left to go in the season, and only 12 games, Newcastle can definitely move into a Europa League placing, but they will have to clime above Man Utd, who are currently sitting in 7th, to do that. Arsenal still sit at the top of the table, but undefeated Chelsea hold two games in hand, and will definitely be putting the pressure on their London rivals. Newcastle have really been the surprise of the season, no one expected them to finish higher than 10th, especially one critic, Toddzy, who thought the Toon would fall under Beresford. Still, with 12 games left anything could happen, and Newcastle can still finish anywhere in the table.

View attachment 109715View attachment 109716

If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Good luck getting into the Europa League mate :), I have a surprise for you ;) haha! Great update though, keep it up mate :) Update from me soon!

Great updates!

Brilliant, once again. :)

Good luck getting into the Europa League mate :), I have a surprise for you ;) haha! Great update though, keep it up mate :) Update from me soon!

Thanks man, I'm so close, yet so far :S Ooo wat type of suprise??? Yay, :wub: your updates ;)

BBCsport present Newcastle's September!

Still got it - Thierry Henry (above playing for NY Red Bulls) had a great month, showing even at 33 he is still a gem.

It seems like a while since Newcastle laced up their boots and headed out onto the pitch. But here at BBCsport, we can reveal their monthly progress in September. And boy oh boy, have they been impressive.

The month kicked off with Newcastle travelling away to Ewood park. They were coming up against legend of the Toon, Alan Shearer's Blackburn side. It certainly wasn't going to be an easy game for the Magpies, and they knew that. But as the game began to get started, Newcastle were handed an easy game. It was Thierry Henry who stared brightly. The Frenchman showed he still had it as he netted a brace, one being those legendary mazy runs he became so famous for at Arsenal. Youngster Iker Muniain also got himself on the scoresheet, keeping up his good form from August.

Newcastle then welcomed newly promoted Q.P.R to St.James' Park. Neil Warnock said before the game that Todd wasn't a man he admired, infact he hoped to see Todd fail. The Scotsman, usually quite firey, refused to comment. It appeared Todd let his team do the talking, complteting a rout of Q.P.R, winning 4-0. Neil Warnock refused to shake hands with Todd and his staff, and also his own players! It was Iker Muniain who netted the brace this time. One was a neat header whilst the other was a simple tap-in. He already looks like he could be worth his £15million price tag. Thierry Henry and Danny Welbeck completed the scoring. Great result for Newcastle no doubt.

Next the travelled to Hull, in the League Cup. Nigel Pearson's boys had recently been promoted back to the big time. They had lready came up against Newcastle, and were defeated 4-2. This time was no differant as Newcastle took this game 3-2. Thierry Henry again netted a brace to keep up his form, it would be cruel for an injury to come along his way. Ivan Rakitic handed Newcastl a late victory though in the 82nd minute with yet another wonder goal in the black and white stripes of Newcastle. It was only 20 yards out this time, but it curled nicely into the top corner. Newcastle are certainly looking like a side who could win this competition.

The final game of the month seen Newcastle play away to David Moyes's Everton at Goodison Park. As many know, Moyes and Todd have already developed a strong friendship and are often seen together having meals and at the pubs, often looking like they are discussing 'who's better?' But it was Todd's boys who came out on top this time. It was Liverpool born and supporter Kevin Nolan who netted the winner, an instinctive strike from a rebound. Todd and Moyes shared a laugh after the game though, which was good to see.

And with that, we conclude September. 4 wins from 4. Henry and Muniain seem to have formed a strong partnership. This has seen Carroll cast into the shadows. As top scorer last season, is this right? If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Wait wait wait... Carroll not playing!?!?! He's got like 16 or 17 goals for me, Prem League top scorer! your crazy man :p And what position are u on the table?