The Battle of the Toon - A Joint Story

Oh haha, what a smart assistant... Have you considered Yann M'Vila, or Younousse Sankhare (Had him in PSG game, absolute beast... at times)

Honestly mate I havn't looked at anyone, though I need to I'm assuming :S I'll look at these guys, I'm thinking a striker though as I currently don't want to sign Milevskyi on a permanent.

Try Bafetimbi Gomis (sp?), was transfer listed on my game, and was available at around 4.8mil... Anelka might be available on a loan if your lucky... I dnt really know any moreee....

Another update from you maybe mate or is that you for tonight :)?

That's all for me tonight, hitting midnight and I dnt like to write too late or it gets sloppy :S haha

Just read through all this, it's fantastic! Two great storytellers! I've always hated Newcastle stories, I've always thought they were an overused team, and always had predictable signings (Yannick Djalo, etc.) but this is amazing! Love that strikerv9dutch has signed Ochoa, I love him! Good signings from both, and I hope you both finish well. One match is all it takes to get a change of form, good luck!

Wow man, tht means heaps :) Yeah I tried to stay away from the everyday signings, verratti etc. And I'm sure toddzy did aswell :p

I tend to sign differant players on every game, just depends who slots into the team eh :) but thanks pistolped7, really appreciate that :)

No probs guys, it makes the story a **** of a lot more interesting and unique when you actually think for yourself and make good signings of your own.

A bit of friendly advice dont get Viera he spends more time injured that he does on the pitch :(

I'd recommend Manuel Fernandes from Valencia for the CM position, he's a great player, contributes to the attacking moves but also gets stuck in in defence, scores a couple too.

Mike Ashley provides cash injection!

Carroll (above) may face stiff competition if Henry signs

BBCsport are led to believe by reliable sources that Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has provided the club with a £20.5million cash injection due to recent improvement in club financies. He then stated on the club website that talks were 'on-going' with the NY Red Bulls.

Ashley also stated on the club website that the chance of signing Henry was a very good one and it was one he planned not to waste. He told the website he had jetted of to NY in an attempt to string a deal for the Frenchman and he had held basic talks with both Henry and NY Red Bulls.

He admittied though that Henry wouldnt just be coming for Ben Arfa's benefit, it would be for the benefit of the club. The 33 year old has a wealth of footballing expericance and has a fine record in the F.A Premier League with Arsene Wenger's Arsenal side. He then joined Barcelona but things sadly went sour this year for him and he left for America and the MLS.

Unlike Vieira who said he would be interested, Henry has remained very quiet about the on-goings of his football currently. He has refused to speak to media and stated he just wanted to get on with playing for the Bulls. But in an earlier interview with BBCsport, we exclusivaly revealed that Henry was finding The States difficult.

And England would be a country he is all but familiar with.

But with Henry coming in, on form striker Andy Carroll has asked manager Craig Todd where he will stand. The England Under-21 international has been scoring for fun recently and also got a call up to the full England squad but wasn't played. He stated on GOAL.com that he'd feel enourmous pressure trying to compete with a global superstar like Henry, and has considered a written transfer request.

But both Todd and Ashley have tried to reassure Carroll and have also stated they are looking down other routes. No names have been given, but we're led to believe that with Dominguez coming in in January, Todd wants to look into either a new striker or DM. He stated he needs somebody to help Tiote as he still is maturing as a player.

But with £20.5million to play with, Todd doesnt have to dive into anything. If you are a Newcastle fan, why not tell us what you think. Email us a [email protected] or text us 'YOUR NAME' followed by 'NEWCASTLE' and then your message. Gary will read several out on Saturday's MOTD.

Lucky man, what I would give for a cash injection :S

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

bbc20sports.png

Newcastle make shock Captain change

John Beresford has made a tough decision, but he has decided to change captains mid-season. Sol Campbell, previous captain, was not playing much, so the captaincy would go to Nolan, who wasn't playing a heap either, so Ochoa would walk out more often then not with the captains armband. Beresford has made a popular decision, to make Kevin Nolan the team captain, with Guillermo Ochoa being the vice, but he will get it most games. Ochoa has been a revelation for Newcastle this season, playing amazing in goals, and keeping Newcastle in countless games single handedly. Many feel that Ochoa is a wrong decision because he is so new at the club, but Beresford has stated that, "Guillermo deserves it more than anyone, he has been our consitently best performer all year, and has not missed one game, that's what you need from a captain, but at 24 he's not quite ready, so Kevin will take on the role for a year or two."

kevin-nolan-331470078.jpg
ochoa.jpg

nope, Campbell was already angry with minimal first team football, so didn't affect him, everyone else was happy for Kev :O

cracking stuff, that was good luck on the cash injection, think you can do better than henry though, at 33..