• Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 5K

Heskey - Good or not?

• He's rubbish, full stop.

Votes: 74 44.8%
  • He's good at what he does.

Votes: 91 55.2%

• Total voters
World Cup winner and current AC Milan star Rivaldo has singled out Liverpool's Emile Heskey as the English player he most admires and insists the Kop star could cope in the Brazil team.

Rivaldo played against Heskey for Barcelona twice last season and again in the World Cup and insists he rates the Liverpool No.8 very, very highly.

"Heskey may be heavily criticised by some English fans but I don't see it like that," he says. "I played against him a couple of times for Barcelona against Liverpool in the Champions League and realised what a quality player he is. It wasn't long before I began thinking what weight of character and strength Heskey possessed. I told the other players [in Brazil] how dangerous he was. I admire the way he attacks the Premierhip. So when you ask me which Englishman I think would be able to cope with playing in my team, Brazil, I say Heskey."

How long ago was that? 2002ish?

I thought he was decent for Pool but since he moved away he's just gone downhill.
If he's out to prove his critics wrong then he's not going the right way about it sitting on the bench every week at Villa.

For me he shouldn't have started at the WC, even gone to the WC for that matter (Zamora arguably holds the ball up better and played week in week at for Fulham).
He was said to bring the best out of Rooney, that clearly worked? Effectively two wasted players in the end.

I don't think he's a flop, he just isn't anywhere near he once was.

Most of all, he's Emile Heskey. He works his heart out for you, and you can't help but love him.

You MUST be joking, he is a lazy *******. I don't rate him, he'd probably be better in the centre of defence rather than up-front.

Great at what he does, he gets alot of criticism, yes, but he continues to hassle defenders and provide his partner with great opportunities.

[Also, I voted the wrong one, I think he's good -- -1 **** +1 Good in poll :)]

Donkey is what many people call him but I think he is good at what he does.

Absolutely useless, what good is a striker who cant finish? and his step overs suck

Good servant for England, had a decent international career. Was great in 4-1 against Croatia and also 5-1 vs Germany. Unfairly singled out as many have said. Fair play to him for taking the brunt of it.

How many games ?
In capello's formation he hasn't scored much , but does the same role as heskey.
26 in 67 games. Which compared to heskeys 7 goals in 62 game is pretty prolific.
12 of those goals have come in capello's time managing england.
This is off topic anyway i was just pointing out that rooney does score for england. Quite a lot. So a comparison with heskey is stupid.

Heskey's name is used to make fun than to discuss what he brings to the team. Managers are not stupid to expect goals from him all the time. He hassles defence, and makes space for other striker by challenging for every ball there to win. With him Rooney excelled in qualifiers. He does his job without much fuss. Decent player.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

He plays for Liverpool now?

Used to play in Liverpool for the better team in liverpool, but moved to the biggest club in England in 2004 :P

Heskey is clearly englands most gifted player. His work rate is awesome, his touch, pace, power, finish is 2nd to done, probaly englands best ever number 9.

Heskey is clearly englands most gifted player. His work rate is awesome, his touch, pace, power, finish is 2nd to done, probaly englands best ever number 9.

I get the feeling that you're being ironic ...

Hes good on FM scores a lot which doesnt mirror the real life heskey :O

What good is a striker that doesnt score goals?

None. He's ****.

Back