• Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 5K

Heskey - Good or not?

• He's rubbish, full stop.

Votes: 74 44.8%
  • He's good at what he does.

Votes: 91 55.2%

• Total voters
He is good at what he has to do for his team but he is tragically uncomposed infront of goal..still he is unfairly misunderstood

he's supposed to be a striker at that is what we judge him on i would love to see is goals recored

So two threads open on Heskey now? He has never reached these levels of popularity before!

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

I actually like Heskey, I supported him for England. It's just fun to make jokes about him, and it's also incredibly frustrating when he's clean through on goal and toe pokes it straight to the keeper.

[Also, I voted the wrong one, I think he's good -- -1 **** +1 Good in poll :)]

i just voted and the poll is even

Nuh uh! Heskeygood is actually winning! ;)

Seriously though, I think this season has proved my point. He was unplayable at times this season before getting injured, and has had appearances limited by the arrival of Bent and return to fitness of Gabby. But he was on absolute fire, embarrassing established centre-back and rookie player alike. His taking apart of Jeffery Bruma was a particular highlight, alongside outpacing Nedum Onuoha.

Of course, there's been the traditional Heskey misses: hitting the crossbar from 3 yards out, and completely overstepping a simple tap in. But that's the rough with the thin.

every player can miss shot only Emile Heskey can be famous about that ;)(6)

Plus when you're supporting Heskey, you always expect him to miss. So when he scores, it's sheer jubilation! If you support Messi, you expect him to score, so when he misses it sucks! Therefore, Heskey > Messi.

Heskey should be retrained as a defender that's pretty much what he does up front.

If he was at least a decent tackler, he'd be a mint defender. Not good as a striker, but not the worst we've ever seen.

Gotta praise his work rate, mind.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkyHo-oPOEo"]YouTube - Emile Heskey does as he's told!!!lol[/ame]

oO)

this is what i think of heskey

15a52cd9-efff-4f75-ad9f-e03e02e4a8a7.jpg

I voted for n1. His lack of finishing severely undermines his capacity as a striker. I do, however, think he always tries to give his best - even if it's not much. He deserves praise for it. I think there should be a middle option :P

I dont think its fair to call him a flop, hes been playing at the top level for 16 years now and has gained 62 caps for England, you dont do that without having some ability. The problem for Emile is that people presume because he dosnt score goals he is a poor player, what he does is he provides the strikeforce with strength, he can hold the ball up and draw defenders out, creating space for his partner to run into. He offers alot of assists because of the fact he can hold the ball up.

Im inclined to agree with Godcubed, Heskey when asked to be the supporting Target man, does it very well, ive seen him play a number times and although his type of play is very 1 dimensional, he would not have played for liverpool and villa (plus notching an impressive amount of England Caps) if his style of play was not effective

Back