• Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 5K

Heskey - Good or not?

• He's rubbish, full stop.

Votes: 74 44.8%
  • He's good at what he does.

Votes: 91 55.2%

• Total voters
i swear he has only scored like 7 for england, still i think he is good, great partnership with owen back in the day and Rooney liked to play football with him.

He's great at what he does and I just love the man, although seeing Villa in need of a winning goal and replacing Darren Bent with Emile made me facepalm a lot.
The Villa love him though, couldn't find it on youtube but his the song we sing for him goes
"Emile Heskey are you listening? To the song that we're singing? You used to be *****, but now you're alright, we're walking in a Heskey Wonderland!"
:D

Hes good at what he does.

Play him in a formation that won't work with him, he'll do ****.

For how many people that voted, that is one split poll. I said he's good at what he does, but I could have so easily voted the other way. He definitely has a lot of qualities, and he is one fo the best players around in the air. Served him once when I had my Saturday job in sixth form at Sainsburys, very quiet man.

Two things stopped him from becoming recognised at the same level as Drogba - his balance, for such a strong player he falls over too much, and that eye for goal (although that is pretty bleeding important)

I never liked him... And i didnt get why he went to WC2010 and Darren Bent didnt....

He's hard working, no doubt about that. When it comes to being a typical striker he is pretty useless for shooting, but important when it comes to partnership :)

His time in International did really make me think what a flop he is though

He's really good at doing what he does - being really bad.

Heskey is a complete tool.
Love him, he's like the BFG, just a Heskey version..

Heskey is amazing, how can someone be rubbish and still play and score for England, a ledg

Just missed a tap in. XD Though to be fair, Bent's missed 2 this match.

I think Heskey is a good footballer , just not a good striker.

Strikers are judged by the amount of goals not assists.
If he was a midfielder then everybody would say he was very good.

I actually sorry for the guy. He tries his hardest, can set up goals.....but still gets slaughtered. Not fair when he's made a figure of fun. May not be the most prolific scorer, but can still cause problems for defenders with his presence. I've seen other players having mares so its not exactly uncommon

i love emile heskey, for real and as a joke :) met the guy a couple of times, hes a true gent. football-wise, his pace, power, hold up play and arial ability are why liverpool shelled out 11 million to get him from us, and why he played for england so much. hes never been a natural goalscorer, but play him alongside one, and hes a fantastic asset to any football team anywhere :) not quite the same now the pace is going, but still, i always have and always will rate heskey highly! 'bruno, bruno, bruno!!!'

Back